New player maps

So I'm just throwing out a suggestion here to replace the idea of grey.... My thought is to have 4 beginner maps, a lvl 0-10, lvl 11-20, lvl 21-30, lvl 31-40... These maps would be a safe zone for newer players of corresponding lvl to farm and get to know the game until they become big enough to join the larger community. You could have the jump zones into these maps be lvl restricted. A lvl 11 could not enter the 0-10 map, a lvl 21 could not enter the lvl 11-20 map and so on.... If the lower lvl guys chose to jump to higher maps or open space then it's on them.... This would provide safety for new players and give them the time and opportunity to grow and learn the game. When these players reach lvl 41, they advance to open space and can join in the fun. There is wiggle room as well for fair hunting and pvp in the beginner maps by keeping like lvl players together, which would remove the need for r.o.n. style pvp toggle in open space for bigger players. In my opinion, lvl 30-40 is around the right size and time to show that you are committed to the game and you are ready to take on pvp, which in turn would greatly help their recruitment in to the bigger allis.this is all rough draft stuff, just want to get the ball rolling.... We all know we need a new system to retain noobs, and I figured this could be a good starting point.
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment
-0mega

Kickstarter backers get to help us playtest the PvP toggle option. Turning it on gives an XP and loot bonus, and opts-in to PvP anywhere.
Each solar system has a Security Rating from 0 to 10. This controls how difficult NPCs are, how much loot they drop, and how much XP they can give.
Security Rating 8+ maps are the most difficult and rewarding, but also require PvP to be on.
Players can avoid PvP their entire lives by keeping it off and avoiding Security 8+ systems.
There will be some Security 8+ areas where no PvP is allowed -- These are "raid" invasions where all players work together.

About the raid areas, will the reward items from a boss be the same for everyone in raid, or will there be modifiers to control what each participant receives if boss is defeated, also will there be a menu of items to chose from, for example, x amount of credits, or xp, or an item,
So, high level participant (with multiple high level weapons) does x amount of damage, and low level participant does far less, what formula do you intend to use for reward distribution,
I know your still in planning stage and we need the kickstart to be funded, and I understand backers will be able to help in final product, just getting a head start on topics,
Thank you,

Thank you for your reply ozy

a system where if you want a drop you can "roll" for it would be good. then coop groups can decide on who gets what.
if nobody rolls for an item it goes random.
that or a combo of that and points you get for participating in an invasion. then you use those points to bid in a similar way.

I always liked the World of Warcraft Need / Greed / Pass system.

The need\greed\pass often failed because many did not understand the difference between need and greed, many new players would hit NEED because they did not want to look too GREEDY, failing to understand that by selecting NEED they were selecting the I must have it, rather than, the I'll take it I guess, option,
and if any item can be used by any player, I do not see where anyone would select anything other than NEED,
so rather than have items drop, maybe open items for purchase, items not available on something like the normal Market,
you said you want to condense and even do away with some of the game currency's, so not to create a new one, perhaps open a BLACK MARKET, Items you can only acquire by participation in BOSS raids
just spit-balling here btw,
so again, you do not want to create a new currency, so say boss is killed, now everyone in the raid is allowed to enter the black market, (they have rare Boss body parts to trade on the market) so you open the market for a time frame to them, a clock will appear on their account or they get a notice in text box, "you have 23hr 59min 13sec remaining until black market closes"
special rare items are listed for sale in credits/BD (what ever currency is available) so they better have some deep pockets, you can bind items to account or not your choice,
here is the part that will get them to come back, each time a boss is killed the item deck is shuffled, so they will not know what is behind door number one until they kill big ugly
being the one that controls the deck, you can add/remove items from the game as you see fit
you can take it farther, understanding you cannot always get enough players online at any given time to go do a boss raid, you can scale the boss and black market by the number of members attending, always requiring a minimum of 25 for lowest rating, yet if ten hardcore want to go at it, they still only get the 25-50 player rating, so you could do 25-50, 51-80, 81+ the last having the toughest boss but best market items
thank you for reading,

These are "raid" invasions where all players work together.

so -2 as it could be. wth u are doing there , turning pvp game ot pve now!!? no ty.
i havent even seen one guy proposed this kind play together system with all universe.
keep the level so that 1 alliance can do it , not that you force all alliances to play together! with danger of pvp.
What comes to map levels. Try to make them so that starters get fast levelling and high level maps are faster income.
This would get new players feel that they progress nicely and keep them interested , while highlevel players are need of better income and driven ot high level maps. I dont like either any level districtions to maps, free to move for all space should be.
however what comes to PVP mode bonuses. make it significant so reward is there high even that you dont own AH
There could be movent +1sec for PVE aswell as -30% resource drops. or u could make battery reloading 30% slower instead.
so PVE mode could be slow compared to PVP.
IF any space limitations it should be for ship types.. Kinda make it so that npcs really stacking to attack you when u enter wrong map with wrong ship class.(protected by npc, not limited from entering) .
This type of protection for new players in low maps could be that carrier class ships will be seen less often in low lv maps if they are protected this way by npc against all carriers that enters there.

I'm not sure why anyone would not want all player style pve. That feature alone has the greatest potential to shift the game culture in a better direction.

The problem with need/greed/pass (I don't know the exact specifics of the system) is that since items are worth money mostly, everyone will want it so I don't see why anyone would choose any other than need if that's the way you have highest chance of getting it.
What about this: normal want/pass options, but in addition, an "extra-want" (sorry stupid name, first thing that popped in my mind) with limited use, so that for example you can only use it at most 10% of cases of shared loot. In practice it would mean that you get 1 extra-want point per 9 cases you didn't use it.
---
Another unrelated idea for experience, loot and resources: Let healers/technicians get share not only based on damage dealt, but also based on damage dealt of those who they repaired: The more you repair a ship, the more that ship's damage dealt accounts for the technician.