Account Migration

Morning Ozy,

Ooo Ks is looking good.

Wanted to ask about something that's been discussed but I can't quite get my head around.

Let's say I have an existing account with a level 200 shuttle, Flayer, termi, carrier.

At the time of migration, does that then mean I will have a level 200 of each ship in my garage in the expansion?

Will from then onwards the level of each ship increase independently? (ie XP is bound to the ship and not the account)

If XP is bound to the ship, then what recognition for effort / investment is associated with the account?

Thanks,

GG

We were talking about this internally yesterday.
Your captain (account) will have its own XP and level, with a talent tree for investing level-up points.
Your ships will also have their own XP and level, with a talent tree for investing level-up points.
The final stat calculation will be a combo of captain + ship + corp + alliance bonuses.
When you make a kill, that XP will go to both the ship and your captain.
I don't know how we'll import existing ships or your captain XP yet. We have until December to figure it out, and it should be an informed decision after playtesting.

You should add a limited time TIB captains hat as a perk. Charge cost plus $25 or something. I'd buy one.
Everyone should have a hat that says "I'm in charge here" but also says "I just drank a fifth of something and I'm ready to get down."

Thanks for the answer Ozy and it's a good answer. Some suggestions that may / may not help (would appreciate your comments):
- use different terminology for captains xp and ship xp (for example you could have "captain skill" and "ship experience", makes it easier to understand)
- when it comes to migration, you should limit the number of ships you can bring over per original account (I think 3 is probably about right)

Are you thinking the migration will be for all the ships over a certain level for all the alts on that email? It will it be all ships per account?

this aint exactly with the op post but if multi boxing will be doable on single accts will ppl that multi box now be able to combine their accts into 1. maybe not all the xp but least the ships/bound equipment on those ships. so that they can multi box with 1 device and not lose all the work they put in on their other accts over the years?
also side question and it prob has been answered elsewhere but i havent seen it yet. what about elite points where will they be/will they be removed or changed?

I love this idea. Talent trees will vastly improve the customizable aspect of the game

Elite Points will exist, transfer over, and be displayed correctly in the new client.

I love talent tree idea too. makes a game bit more complicated for new players tho, imo.
what comes to our current xp. I would suggest u let us share it between ships as we like. and in the later we can modify exp between ships if we werent happy at first time(for loss of 10%xp)
so if iam lv200 and have all ships posible bough. i could put 100 for carrier,70 for terminus and 30 for flayer IF i want to do so , or just put all 200 in one ship if knowing i dont use others.

I would like to know more about account migration as well...
As I sit on unity right meow, I have a lvl 200 termy with multiple setups to choose from. And on the same account I have a lvl 200 carrier with multiple setups to choose from... granted I can only fly one at a time currently, but my lvl bonus applies to all ships and setups.
How do you (ozy) foresee this changing in the expasion?
Will I only be able to have one of my ships have the same stats/setup as I currently have and then need to build the others up again?
If so, what about bound gear, would I have to spend thousands of creds/bds to unbind and switch to an alt so I can use their lvl with my setup?