MapBuilder

The problem we had in TIB 1 was lack of space. We asked for larger and or new boards for a long time. Now that u r free from the constraints of poor coding and r beginning anew (other than porting code over) lets do this right Ozy. Everyone and I mean everyone wants bigger and more boards.

Galaxyhunter
The problem we had in TIB 1 was lack of space. We asked for larger and or new boards for a long time. Now that u r free from the constraints of poor coding and r beginning anew (other than porting code over) lets do this right Ozy. Everyone and I mean everyone wants bigger and more boards.

People don't always know what they want and scream for stupid shit before it even happens.
Give the new size a try in testing and see how it goes.

Always amusing when people make assumptions, are 100% wrong, and then get angry about it.
The "+" actually has a meaning when we said "50+ Maps".
It could be 75, or 700, or 10,000.... We'll do whatever is fun. Relax. It isn't worth a meltdown.

I can't believe you're telling people not to have a meltdown. You've totally ruined TIB. I quit!

Mithraeus
I can't believe you're telling people not to have a meltdown. You've totally ruined TIB. I quit!

QQ much

PathFinder

QQ much

Oblivious to sarcasm much.

Could the maps be bigger? Or is there a technical reason they are that size?

why jump gates must be on edge?. It creates 2d world this way.
If there could be jump gate on middle too then it would create more 3d feel :/
and by making maps we need to know how big alliances will be roughly.. to create them lined places onto map. without hc holes hopely ;)
what comes to big maps, i also hoped few of those could be in universe. But small maps probably create more encouters with others. will jumpgates be Free to use?
There could be limitations to how many ships can simultaneously use the jump gate, like 5-10 or so. which means hunt teams bigger than that have to adapt for moving from map to map.
I like to see different bonuses/rules/aliens/ in different location of universe.
with those bonus/rules i may point to,
-slower ships speed(highdensityasteroid space)
-higher ship speed, higher xp gain, higher resource gains.
-large/huge ships disallowed(small and tight universe) or some other virus explanation ;)
Some maps if not all could also be so called black ones, i mean no matter if u explored it, you only see 1-2sector around you. Or that sectors wont upload asteroids movements or anyother new activity unless u go there again. which means ,u pretty much need explore all everyday if u want to know what happening there.
These bonuses could be informed to player when hes about to enter next map.

Thanks for the feedback Ozy. Not getting angry BTW and the assumptions were given on the available information.
Great news that there is a dimension that we can grow into - I think that will allay most people's concerns.

Jump gates are free to use. You just fly into them.
There's no reason to have maps larger than 15x15 -- All that does is burn your battery faster and use more network bandwidth. We can grow the universe by adding more maps.