Remove Alliance and Add Faction

Seems like you have some good ideas in place that I know have worked in other games like Eve online. I support the changes and look forward to testing them.

you would receive favor points for killing rival faction NPC (possibly Players too) and lose points for killing you own factions NPC ships, you could even put in the ability to attack NPS space stations for points (this would cause the station to have a cool down before re-spawning somewhere else

as for naming the factions and how many, I will leave that to the veterans,
good night

Why wouldn't we have faction chat? If the point is to have the factions be an ad hoc community, not having chat for it would defeat the purpose.

Ozymandias

Instead of corporations joining a player made Alliance, there would be two or three permanent Factions. Each Corporation would join a faction, and could change factions once per week.

I don't like this idea. I feel like it's taking away power from the player to choose their own destiny. What if someone doesn't want their Corp to be in any of the 3 factions due to whatever reason. I just do not see the entire game fitting into 2 or 3 groups.
I suppose if there were more than 3 factions. I'd feel better about it.

Ozymandias

The faction with the lowest population would get a damage bonus to promote balance.

Wouldnt that be fertile ground for abuse? (keeping smaller number of high level/high gear ships with additional damage to create op stack?). Overall i love the idea! What about personal/nano corps? will they be joining faction too? Also, how will farming look like? will you be only allowed to farm in your factions territory? What if your faction gets the snots beaten out of it and it has very little territory?

So3

I don't like this idea. I feel like it's taking away power from the player to choose their own destiny. What if someone doesn't want their Corp to be in any of the 3 factions due to whatever reason. I just do not see the entire game fitting into 2 or 3 groups.
I suppose if there were more than 3 factions. I'd feel better about it.

There are really only two viable factions right now. Your choice in unity at the moment is HS, Bamf, or a small corp that is at the mercy of those two. How is that better than what Ozy is proposing?

I'm not saying what we have now is better. But at least what we have now gives people the option to choose. Those smaller alliances are smaller alliances because they choose that path.

Deadpilot
There still needs to be a player element to control these factions

Together with the bonus for being a small faction, this would make it too easy to be exploited.

The problem of vision is the most difficult to overcome. Perhaps the answer is a simple list that a corp can maintain of those faction corps they share vision with and they have to mutually consent. If it's broken by one side it's broken for both.
Perhaps also require a certain garrison level to deploy the shared vision technology.
The combination of the two should work imho.
Also the visible toggle (individual ship) should work over all corps in the faction with shared vision tech.