Remove Alliance and Add Faction

The nice thing is you can add more if you feel that it was needed. I feel like 4 is best. Wyrd Faction, Het Faction Pirate Faction and Privateer Faction go consistent with the game and any possible lore the devs wish to drive with factions.
I think there should still be a cost to redeploy but not as much as it is now. Maybe also have a map lock out so that if they get busted in a map they cannot return to it right away. They are driven out temporarily.
I think the game lends itself to that Ozy because of the caps currently in place. Also the population. The idea of being able to have your own garrison and control your own destiny is what draws people. With the massive redeploy cost and being in a massive corp/alliance is almost a necessity for survival. Ask many currenly playing and I would venture to say they would love to pop a garrison and rank it. The BIG alli garrisons are all ranked. Yet many still own garrisons and probably long for the day that they take it out of mothball and mean something again.
The current alleged big 2 is a marriage of convenience. One because they hold the power, one because they need the protection and vice versa. The others are picked on from time to time but for the most part left alone because being a bully just aint cool. I have much respect for the 3 or 4 other alliances that really wanna have a go at making something happen and they should be allowed to have a leg to stand on. Pigeon holing them into one of two factions takes away this freedom to be different from the others it is a risk that the venture and should be applauded for doing so.

Be like Nike man" just do it" will work through the bugs later... but dont take away anything..... Keep adding til theres so much to do we can't quit playing.

I like this concept because there are so many corp that get abandoned in order for playerz to fit in the 2 big allyz.

So3
I'm not saying what we have now is better. But at least what we have now gives people the option to choose. Those smaller alliances are smaller alliances because they choose that path.

Smaller alliances chose that path because they didn't have a better option. That's not equivalent to what Ozy is proposing. The current system is broken. This is the best solution I've seen.

Have 4 "Factions" 1 will be bamf, 1 hs, 1 the resistance and the final is privateer.
The first 3 have invite/kick privileges still in place.
All current corp/alliances can choose a side and 3 factions can recruit.

After reading this you will agree that there should be only 2 factions like ozy likes.
Yes iam changing my mind of having 3. I slept and remember other game aht i was playing and there was 3 factions...
Problem there was that ALLWAYS 2 of them were allied vs 1.
why... well isnt it human nature to play as good as can? play safe ,play with power, not losing bad.
So iam telling you, if theres 3 faction same will happend there. why, because its posible.
for example, take current HS alliance HS could go to faction 1 and Dynasty to faction 2 when Bamf going to faction 3..
HS and Dyn know eachothers form long time and both mostlikely want cooperate against Bamf. now wheter it matter or not to bamf that 2 factions will aim only them, they gonna feel it each week, if not dayly. even that they strong enough to defend their cluster they dont have power to expand their territory because defending then coming harder vs 2 faction. Even when they can keep busting other 2 faction they might quickly seen against either ones fleet to hunt them.
This way HS alliance with seprated corps to two factions will gain rest of the server for their purpose, whether they help or not they going to determine rules of space, and when ever needed to jump corp to other faction if nesessary.
IF not HS doing this then its Bamf. why, because its human nature, you want max gains, you want it all, by all means, you want to be upperhand against your enemy.
even if has and bamf going to stay strckly in their own factions and 3th would be formed left overs, 3th faction is driven to corner where its options does not much differ from current situation, they have now labelled one of the factions and have to decide, which faction they want to help more? how they going to keep all corps if they can now choose weekly where to move? well, even if i cant speculate everything. Iam gonna feel that 3 is actually 2 or atleast same as current situation in grey.
4 factions? or 5 or 12, theres only be more diplomatic to create such peace treaties with other factions that its basically same than 3, with posibility to create unhealthly power alliance with more factions/corps in one side. besides in this community faction sides would go too small then.
By creating only 2 faction, there would be Clear, who is your enemy. and not accidentally ruin whole game making 2vs1 situation, because that is very posible scenario or atleast hard to avoid with all special rules. I
In 2 faction, when theres no alliance, your corp could still do your own things with selected corps far far away from rest of faction if you so choose. Only difference you will notice to current system that you have less enemies now. Or maybe enemies closer to your level.
Those who fear less diplomacy needed in future , i speculate,that your right. but i been wrong earlier too ;)
Bigger the better/funnier. now, read first line again.

Only two is just plain boring. Everyone only keeps talking of Hitsquad and Bamf, like those are the only options, so therefore we must move forward in only that direction! Sarcasm, if you missed it.
There is another server joining us in the expansion, too, that has a few folks. I'm not gonna speak for them, but if they are like me, there's a reason they aren't in Hitsquad or Bamf or, hell, even on the Unity server at all.
My understanding was we wanted the game to be better, to grow and add changes. Going to a two faction system seems like a backwards move to me. Forcing folks into one or the other because "that's how it's always been" seems stifling. I don't know about y'all, but I like options.

Ozymandias
We can figure out ways to limit vision without throwing out the idea. A spy in another corporation should at least need to be in the same solar system to get any details.
Corporations could also have the option to go "Privateer" to remain neutral in the greater conflict. Maybe Privateer corporations couldn't gain PvP rewards like Skulls, but also wouldn't give rewards if killed.
Garrison / Planet / Outpost deployment and busting should be more fast-paced and fluid. Removing the Credit cost to deploy would promote this, so people aren't losing much if busted. It would be more fun if territory control was constantly shifting, with busting and deployment happening constantly.
2 or 3 large factions will generate more teamwork and fleet PvP, which is probably the most fun part of the game. We can always experiment with more, but I think the game just naturally lends itself to two large Alliances. I'm not sure we gain anything by adding more.

going with the fast paced busting and redeploying would also mean the end of hcing cuz no one wants to hc without the feel of some kind of protection while they are asleep.

Grizellus
Only two is just plain boring. Everyone only keeps talking of Hitsquad and Bamf, like those are the only options, so therefore we must move forward in only that direction! Sarcasm, if you missed it.
There is another server joining us in the expansion, too, that has a few folks. I'm not gonna speak for them, but if they are like me, there's a reason they aren't in Hitsquad or Bamf or, hell, even on the Unity server at all.
My understanding was we wanted the game to be better, to grow and add changes. Going to a two faction system seems like a backwards move to me. Forcing folks into one or the other because "that's how it's always been" seems stifling. I don't know about y'all, but I like options.

i agree to a point. there should be 3 options and the privateer option. u will still get the big 2 but it leaves the option for an uprising and still gives ppl a Farmville option with privateer

I liked the idea of giving the underdog a bonus.
Maybe have that be the pirate option. Where everyone is against you.