Questions/thoughts about area control aspects of the expansion

Hey Ozy, you have mentioned the concept of controlling maps or controlling areas of space a few times so I was hoping you would share your ideas on the concept with us.
I can see this playing out a couple ways. Will it be a triangulating sort of control, so we position garrisons to increase areas controlled? Or will it just be a garrison radius of controlled space? Or will it be a creeping sort of control that increases the longer the garrison stays up?
In order to facilitate that type of play, will supers be able to deploy? Maybe even officers?
What penalties and bonuses will apply in enemy space and friendly space? Will there be daily bonuses for winning the control battle? Could the tallies for those bonuses be based not just on control at a certain time but instead total area controlled for a certain amount of time during the day? That would add a whole new element of competition to the game. Will control be by faction, alliance or corporation?
You've only mentioned this stuff in passing so no worry if you haven't worked it all out yet. It seems like it could be something that adds a lot to the game.

One corporation planet is allowed per Solar System. That corp's Faction (formerly Alliance) controls the Solar System.
Control of a Solar System imparts technology benefits in that map to all Faction members, and possibly cuts off benefits or blocks movement for the opposing faction.
For example, you might not be allowed to deploy Garrisons, Outposts, or Shipyards in Solar Systems controlled by the enemy faction. You also might not be allowed to use jump gates that connect to another solar system also controlled by that faction.
It isn't coded yet, and will require a lot of playtesting and feedback.

That sounds like a good starting point. Thanks for the update.

So i guess this is a metod to counter those massive Nano garrisons

sounds ok exept this part

and possibly cuts off benefits or blocks movement for the opposing faction.

I just dont see why we could not move in enemy territory? We have stealths for reason. We like to ambush and suprise opposition.
Sure you could set stronger radars i dont mind if its developed to highest to see ships with legendary stealths or even higher.
Or even let faction to slight controll of jumpgates, maybe set amount of ships able to jump simultaneously or have it ping when ever jg is used.
But blocking moves totally aint do much fun imho.

TSin
sounds ok exept this part

and possibly cuts off benefits or blocks movement for the opposing faction.

I just dont see why we could not move in enemy territory? We have stealths for reason. We like to ambush and suprise opposition.
Sure you could set stronger radars i dont mind if its developed to highest to see ships with legendary stealths or even higher.
Or even let faction to slight controll of jumpgates, maybe set amount of ships able to jump simultaneously or have it ping when ever jg is used.
But blocking moves totally aint do much fun imho.

With the blocking part, there could be multiple ways of getting to a solar system that is blocked off by another solar system, so blocking 1 path will make everyone else take a longer way around?
Maybe use a system where we pay to go through? ally may or may not get very small profits from it?
or could ''RJ'' in the solar system but again u will have to pay something.
Could even make a special type of gear being able to pass through blocked off solar systems.
I'm just spitting ideas

Player = anyone with an account
Corp = solo player or group of players (has a member cap)
Faction = single player, single Corp or multiple Corps maintained by players, NPC controlled (players may join as solo members)
50 solar systems
x amount pvp zones only (you cannot toggle pvp on/off)
x amount Boss Arena zone only (non pvp)
x amount NPC Faction controlled (npc planet in place)
If you intend to use access restrictions to Faction controlled Systems, I suggest you use the x amount systems to break up the other solar systems in such a way that players cannot run a monopoly on the free to capture systems
if the systems are on a grid for example: you could place a Boss encounter in each corner system with side gates (2) to adjoining systems
you could place pvp systems near the center (maybe combine 4 to make a massive pvp zone)
and you could use the npc factions as buffers between the free to capture systems
this would allow solo players to traverse the galaxy rather than be restricted to one or two systems
you may even toss in that if a player is in a npc controlled faction they would have unrestricted movement in player faction controlled systems (so if in the Privateer faction you could move around like a smuggler would) and only become pvp active if you attack a member of the controlling faction and remain so until you leave the system, dead or alive, (you could have the game issue an instant bounty on players who break out of non-pvp to attack someone) let the hunt begin, again, splash should not be active if pvp is toggled off,
not sure on all your specifics, just tossing out ideas, I cannot wait,
off-topic, will BD's still be part of tib-x, have you made that decision yet, if you decide to cash us out please do so at the player going rate, I would hate to buy 1k bd from a player at 5k each and only get back 4k when tib-x comes out,