Adverts and stuff

So... I've been looking at how the mainstream games weave ads into games without them being obtrusive. I think there are ways to make a modest income from free-to-play community without annoying the wallet community too much.
What about having daily player perks based on adverts - for example 2x XP for half an hour if you watch an ad. This would have to be done in a "safe" sector (e.g. Blue). There would be a limit on the number of adverts in a given timeslot and a limit to the number of individual perks available in a give time period.
Another though I had is that we could restore the original dura loss rules but allow the players to revert to the current (lower) dura loss if they watch an advert (on each death).
Finally - some games have a free currency that is farmed but the bank balance of that currency type is zeroed universally periodically (eg every 30 days). The cunning bit of this is that there are available perks in a "market" that has a limited stock. This means that players have to rush to farm enough to buy the tasty perks before others snap them up - the currency is also non tradable but the perks are. Ads could be used to accelerate the farm rate of this currency type, incentivising ad consumption. I like the idea of a twist where the prime perks for this "market" are PvP bonuses - starting an economy where free-to-play farmers profit from the wallet carnivores, driving a fresh dynamic. Ultimately this will improve revenues for spellbook, whilst not really annoying anyone all that much.
I appreciate the traditional player base might not love all of this, but this is aimed at securing the longevity of the game. It could also be completely ignored by a player who can continue with the existing game play, simply by choosing not to watch ads.

Watch an ad to get a 10% XP bonus or something for an hour could be interesting. I'll see what our options are.

Hi ozzy about the advertisement best ads on a game ive ever seen placed was *galaxy reaver* every 10 minutes or so a person click 1of2 buttons to watch 15-30 sec commercial for a random gear prize from one button and second buttton does a commercial 15-30sec and u get 2bd. Its none intrucive to game peeps.

if ppl say they dont support this they are just being selfish cuz a lil bit of advertising to make money isnt a bad thing esp if its like this where u choose to watch the add for a small perk. win win in my opinion

I'd watch an ad for an xp bonus. I'd watch 20 of em for a king point.

The monies raised are pretty puny... but it's free money right!
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/average-income-per-watched-video-unity-ads.323588/

Most ad programs and in-game videos don't give the developer much money at all. The "best" reason to use them is to help with new player retention, and ease the way into making them paying customers.

Amcilla
Most ad programs and in-game videos don't give the developer much money at all. The "best" reason to use them is to help with new player retention, and ease the way into making them paying customers.

How does making a new player watch a commercial help with new player retention?

They get something extra for "free" which is motivating.