Ship Garage

I have been giving the whole multiple ships on one account issue some thought. My understanding is that we will have pilot xp and ship xp. The issue that I see is this: If I have a level 200 account with 7 ships unlocked it would not be fair to give that player 7 level 200 ships in the expansion. I think a possible solution would be to retain the xp you have earned with all your current account, but in the expansion the xp would be applied to the pilot. We could retain similar level perks to the pilot as we have now. This would mean in the expansion the ship themselves would all begin at level 0. As we earn ship xp we would then be allowed to choose the new level perks for the individual ship. If it was done this way nobody would lose anything they have earned, and no one would multiply the amount of xp that have earned base on the number of ships they have purchased. One of my concerns is after the expansion is introduced, and my account is split into 3 ships that I use on that account, I will have to unbind gear from one ship to move it to the other. There are a few solutions to this issue as well. Gear could be bound to account and not to ship, or automatic unbinds when you transfer to tibx. Let me know your thoughts people.

Or maybe Ozy has already figured all this out? Idk

Super excited for the expansion, have a hard time believing anyone will stick around in the original universe. I would suggest using an update system similar to just about every other game. In most games if you have an outdated version they prompt you you must update the app to play. I think it's crazy to support on old version.

I do not like the idea of having player xp and than ship xp. I say let's keep it as it is... ships get no xp. Perks/Special abilities of the ship could imrove with player lvl

The issue is that an account with a termi unlocked and a carrier unlocked will be separated into to ships that a player can run at the same time. So how is the xp and handled? We split the xp so there is some on each ship? There is no way we can have the ship garage and have things the same. A current account at level 300 should not have between 4-7 level 300 ships in his or her garage. The xp should be put on 1 ship, but that makes things unfair when you compare a person that built an account with several ship unlocked, with another person that built several accounts each with 1 ship unlocked.

i thought ozy already had this figured out. on moving to tibx each player gets his xp(lvl) in 2 forms. pilot xp then the same amount of xp (+lost xp due to lvl pen) to be allocated to the players ships as they see fit. so u wont have 7 lvl 200 ships u would have like 225 lvls of xp to put into 7 different ships or all into 1 ship.
like me for example i have every ship in game minus flag sin and reaper. but i will only be putting xp into my carrier termi and maybe anni. so thats 200+ lvls worth of xp that i will spread between 3 ships instead of 10 ships

CapitalGains
The issue is that an account with a termi unlocked and a carrier unlocked will be separated into to ships that a player can run at the same time. So how is the xp and handled? We split the xp so there is some on each ship? There is no way we can have the ship garage and have things the same. A current account at level 300 should not have between 4-7 level 300 ships in his or her garage. The xp should be put on 1 ship, but that makes things unfair when you compare a person that built an account with several ship unlocked, with another person that built several accounts each with 1 ship unlocked.

I didn't realize the intent was to let player fly all his ships at the same time... Will we be able to run multiple accounts on same device? Because if that's the case, just imagine a player runnung 4 alts, each alt having all ships unlocked. 70 ship + super stack all dirven by 1 person. Am i missing something?

Yes, he is programming the expansion so you can run more than 1 ship at once, with just one client open. Paulie, you are confusing accounts and ships. Each player in the expansion will have 1 account with all theirs ships from all their accounts from the original TIB consolidated into a garage. You will be able to choose a few ships to run at once on one devise. So my CapitalGains account with 7 ships unlocked will have a garage of those 7 ships I can run. In addition my alt accounts will be consolidated into that garage as well.
Jperr87, I did read that at some point but it seemed that it was not set in stone. I do agree that would be a fair way to do it, although it does not clarify how the boe gear will be handled. As well as the computers and specials that will change to faction specific rather than ship specific. When my account gets split into different ships some of the bound gear will not be useful on those ships anymore. This may be a premature question. I think it is only reasonable to request automatic unbind of gear when ships get moved to the expansion. Or simply bind them to the account rather than the ship. As far as the faction specific gear goes it raises a few more questions. The termi/anni gear that I bring to the expansion, will they be pirate computers or wyrd computers? Will I be able to use my termi beam on my reaper? I'm sure these questions will be answered eventually, but sooner would allow players some time to move gear and plan accordingly.

Imo, xp should only apply to the pilot and not the ship at all, ships should require maintenance to keep them useable...
For example, driving a car... the longer you drive a car the better you get at driving cars in general, but the more a car is driven, the more broke down it becomes unreliable...

i agree gains. all bound equipment should get an auto unbind when we enter tibx that way we can re use them the best way possible without being forced to drop lots of credits/bd (if they stay in game) to be able to use the gear we worked hard to get for our alts which might not be useful anymore.
also i havent read yet that alts will be consolidated into our mains. if they are that will make things a bit more easier during the transfer otherwise there will be alot of mb that will have alot of work to do to re set their fleets for tibx