Servers Future

Hey Ozy, all Mods and players!

First of all, i want to apologize for my bad english. Pls dont insult me, english isnt my mothers language. I hope you all will understand what im saying.

Now my question is, what is the servers future , UNITY and GOLD, after tib expansion?
Are they goin to stay separate, 2 different servers, like now?
Or they goin to get merged , n be only 1 server?

I know UNITY players wants from you Ozy to merge GOLD with them, because they see GOLD only as food for them, more CPs.

But GOLD isnt ready yet.

1)Gold has only 1 garri XIV rank. Unity has maybe 15 XX garris. And who knows how many XV+.

2) Gold has no carriers, and thats huge disadvantage. Unity is full with carriers. Hell, even HS bust fleet was CARRIERs-TANK full fleet:D

3) thr levels. Levels are maybe the most important thing on TiB.
Gold has only 50 players lvl100+.
Unity has hundreds. Maybe thousands lvl100+.

4)the gear score.
Gold has only 13 ships with gear score highter then 3000 GS.
Unity has .... maybr hundreds or thousand of them.

Huuge disadvantage if we compare GOLD and UNITY.

I know maybe now all unity playerd will call me ,,crying baby,, but all im saying its true.

And Ozy, pls tell us clearly what is the servers future?

Thank you! TiB is great game! I hope we will be playing TiB many many more years!

Have a nice day!

Hi, Unity player here. I support a gold/unity merge. I do recognize that gold is far behind unity but I don't think that will be an issue.
For garrison ranks, TIBX will have factions, so gold corps can join a faction with Unity corps. So gold corps will not be alone and will be allied with lots of strong unity players. I think this would help gold develop. Lots of us sitting on XX garrisons want to tf but we don't have anything to tf. With a gold merge we will be helping our new faction members and this would help gold corps develop faster.
Additionally, its harder to find high level gear in gold. By merging with Unity, it would help gold players because they can get good gear for cheaper. For example, I've seen ulti hooks sell for 5-7k bds on unity whereas auging a hook costs like 11k bd which is what will have to be done in gold. So a unity-gold merge will help gold members develop faster. It will also get them into Unity pvp, which will get them CP a loooottt faster. This will also help gold players develop.
As for the level gap, again I don't think this is that much of an issue. When factions get added gold corps will be allied with unity corps. So I don't see how the level disparity will be an issue. I think your imagining when gold and unity merge that gold will be on its own and would be against all unity players. This is just not going to be the case. Maybe if alliances where still around this would be a problem because the unity alliances are all filled so it would be gold vs unity, but ozzy is adding factions which can hold as many corps as you want. So gold corps will be allied with other unity folks who can help them develop. So its going to be gold + unity vs gold +unity.
Not only that but pvp will be optional in TIBX. If you don't want to pvp you can just turn it off.
As for the carrier issue I do think that gives unity an unfair advantage and I think if they where to merge I would like to see carriers be allowed on gold for at least a few months before a merge is gonna happen.

We won't know any details until testing begins on the Expansion. There is still debate about merging the original game into the expansion, or keeping the original and running the expansion side-by-side.
We'll have a better idea when players get to play the Expansion and give their feedback.

Gold is a newer server. There is no way to address that imbalance short of playing longer. However, that's a diminishing return as the more veteran server has higher level gear at better prices because there is a greater surplus. You will never catch up unless you merge.
However, new ships are being introduced in the expansion. No server has access to them now. We all start at the same place there.
If you're worried about having a carrier in the expansion, start saving credits now and buy one when it opens. Your gear will work with it, as specials and computers will no longer be ship class limited according to what Ozy has said.

Hi, I am still very new to tib, so will try not to overthink my suggestions,
1. merge everything, there are 50 maps, so lots of room to mingle, explore, and build new friendships and teams.
2. copy player accounts only (with everything a player has: ships, credits, equipment ect) no corps, teams, alliances, garrisons, planets, this is a new universe, use a story line such as you were sucked into a black hole and emerge in unknown territory, everyone goes in with what they have on their back.
3. set benchmarks (you can lower/void these for the beta testers because they were backers), this will allow players time to explore the new changes before rushing in to join a faction, corp, team, for example you cannot create/join a corp for 30 days of joining tib-x, or you cannot create a planet, or venture into a certain map, benchmarks can be player level caps, time, or even require some sort of payment to a faction or maybe you have to defeat a certain boss in order to enter a new set of maps.
By setting benchmarks, it will add a little restriction to the players who have already reached uber status on tib, I am sure EVERYONE including the uber players will want to take a look around before rushing into something they may wish they had not after some time passes and the newness wears off. Of course I cannot speak for everyone, I am basing this off my previous experience from playing other games that like to toss out expansions like candy every two years.
off topic, will there be BD's in tib-x, I lost track on the subject and am looking for an update if there is one.
Darth

In response to OP.
Problems:
1. W3 D0N1 H4V3 C4rr13r5
2. 0uR G4Rr150n5 4r3 l0w r4Nk5
3. G0Ld Pl4y3r5 4r3 L0W L3V3L
4. G34r 5c0r3
Solutions:
1. You can get them for 15m credits off of a Gaia V planet. Literally just temp join an ally on unity that has one, buy one, ej then leave. Everyone not in a gaia V corp/ally does it.
2. Low rank garrisons? Merge. More players. More ships tfing your garrison. Problem solved. Side note: Garrison ranks no longer matter. Your XX is going to get rolled. Stick with an XV, cheaper to redeploy and still requires a decent bust fleet to take it down.
3. How is this an issue? Focus on 2 and 4. If you're worried about level, build an +xp% roider build. I hear V1s can be skulled. Chance at a BOE?
4. Two words: Unity's Market.
- Haidric