TIB-X update

Hi, Would it be possible to see some of the TIB-X content or maps, ship art ? Maybe an update on the beta release ? I hate to sound like an impatient child staring at the presents under the tree and wanting them now, but....

how about some myth busting, as there is a lot of talk but little facts.
Is there going to be only one server ?? (mods have said two in chat is that right)
Is tib going to carry on with Tib-x if so is there going to be an over lap or is tib-x a compulsory up date ??
How are you going to convert from 2 currencies to just one in Tib-x ?? ( the rewards for kick starter gave that away)
And thanks for all your hard work Ozzy. We know your working your socks off for the expansion and we are all very grateful.

The next kickstarter update in a few weeks should have some early screenshots. There hasn't been much interesting to show you guys yet because it's all network and server code.
There is only one server planned in the expansion. This might change if we have to accommodate more than 2,000 concurrent online players.
We haven't decided yet if the original "vanilla" TIB will continue side-by-side with TIBX. If I do my job right everyone will want to play TIBX. We'll talk about this more after you guys test the expansion.
There will be a BlackDollar-to-Credits conversion. I don't have details on the rate; we'll figure that out after testing as well. It will be favorable to players and not stingy.

So ((IF)) we are merging with unity are we going to have the chance to get carriers so we can gear up ready ?

Thanks Ozy,
I look forward to the update.

Thx Ozy for the update!
And what's BlackDollar-To-Credit Conversion mean?

TheMightyL
Thx Ozy for the update!
And what's BlackDollar-To-Credit Conversion mean?

From the Kickstarter info it sounds like there will only be 1 currency in TIBX. No more BDs - Credits will be the only currency. So those with BDs in TIB will have them converted / added to their credits once TIBX is officially live and a players transfer over.

iTiB
So ((IF)) we are merging with unity are we going to have the chance to get carriers so we can gear up ready ?

As far as anyone knows i don't think this is going to happen. I don't see the point in merging them if ozy hasn't decided if it will be a 'forced' merge into tib-x yet, having an extra merge which will make a lot of gold members quit seems pointless and counter-productive.
If there is not a forced merge into tib-x then a merge could happen between gold and unity but that would be a long way off.
On currencies, it will be great to have 1 (or maybe 2) currencies, currently we have...
Claim Points
Reward points
Combat Points
Skulls
BDs
Credits

edgelore

From the Kickstarter info it sounds like there will only be 1 currency in TIBX. No more BDs - Credits will be the only currency. So those with BDs in TIB will have them converted / added to their credits once TIBX is officially live and a players transfer over.

Ty edgelore, The reason why I asked this question was because I thought ozy was keeping BDs in the game...yes they can be annoying time-to-time, but would still like to have them in game.

TheMightyL

Ty edgelore, The reason why I asked this question was because I thought ozy was keeping BDs in the game...yes they can be annoying time-to-time, but would still like to have them in game.

my problem with bds is that when you farm, sell resources, you recieve credits. You rarely get bd drops, unless you invy (sometimes i just want to farm). With credits, you cant aug gear, you can buy gear from ah or buy mets but thats about it. I be wanting to aug gear so i would need to trade the credits for bds, thats hard to do because you need to find someone trading bds for credits. MOST people dont do that. They save up bds for themselves too. Im sure many others have this issue. So if we take away bds and have credits only, that would eliminate this issue.