Expansion Updates

I'll try to keep you apprised here of any recent developments, outside of our Updates on tib-x.com.
The ship modeling and artwork is largely done, and has been done for a while (work started for TIB2 prior to the Kickstarter, and was re-purposed to TIB-X). Ruinzone even made a cool ship-designer tool that lets us build interesting ships lego-style!
Ozymandias has spent months writing and re-writing the TIB server code from Java to C#. This step was anticipated to be the most time-consuming one. He's also creating a real "server," as the existing one is rather janky and has been a source of many back-end issues and limitations (e.g. paused...saving).
The new item types (shields, batteries, weapons, drones) are accounted for, but the specific item aren't in yet (e.g. there's no "Heavy Shield V-6" yet). Those items do exist in spreadsheet form, though! Mythra will be codifying those in the near future.
All of the new ships are in code-wise, with their accompanying bonuses.
We have a WORKING game server, complete with 45 interconnected maps, all populated with NPCs that are moving around and doing their own thing!
Following some real-life issues we've had to deal with over the past few weeks, Ozymandias has now started the process of building the new game client. In the nearish future we'll be sharing with you guys some more specific details (and hopefully images) with what we're coming up with.

I see a new game on spellbound podcast ...

malxenos
I see a new game on spellbound podcast ...

The group working on the VR game is not associated with the Infinite Black development team. It's being published under Spellbook.
I work on TIBX all day, ever day. It's coming along well, with a lot more features than originally planned.

How soon is beta testing ready?

Ozymandias

The group working on the VR game is not associated with the Infinite Black development team. It's being published under Spellbook.
I work on TIBX all day, ever day. It's coming along well, with a lot more features than originally planned.

Let me restructure my comment here . As you may know many TIB players are concerned about this new game that has been published by or under SB. Realistically we understand SB doesn't need to tell us anything. But from our point of view it's weird .. We have been wating for updates /content reguarding TIBX for many months and many times it has been pushed back and we are given the same reply . Now all of a sudden SB drops a VR game that was seemingly on the Hush Hush. Normally when SB drops games we hear about it ? So collectively we are wondering what the ****? Where did the funding come from for a VR game ? Did this VR game effect TIB development? We have been chatting all night about this and folks are trying to understand it . I understand you can't please everyone needs for TIBX but people are getting restless and ducking out of TIB entirely. You did say something to the effect of that "thoes who pledged to the KS get to be part of the development of TIBX" but thus far save for one or two twitch casts months ago , it's been silent ? A bi weekly update would be nice? Keep people intrested. Something. Dropping this new VR game really spooked TIB players . The general feeling is "wtf". Anyway again i know you don't owe us anything explanation on VRboxing . But people are indeed left in wonder .

Ozymandias

Exactly what I was curious about. Thanks!

Amcilla
I'll try to keep you apprised here of any recent developments, outside of our Updates on tib-x.com.
The ship modeling and artwork is largely done, and has been done for a while (work started for TIB2 prior to the Kickstarter, and was re-purposed to TIB-X). Ruinzone even made a cool ship-designer tool that lets us build interesting ships lego-style!
Ozymandias has spent months writing and re-writing the TIB server code from Java to C#. This step was anticipated to be the most time-consuming one. He's also creating a real "server," as the existing one is rather janky and has been a source of many back-end issues and limitations (e.g. paused...saving).
The new item types (shields, batteries, weapons, drones) are accounted for, but the specific item aren't in yet (e.g. there's no "Heavy Shield V-6" yet). Those items do exist in spreadsheet form, though! Mythra will be codifying those in the near future.
All of the new ships are in code-wise, with their accompanying bonuses.
We have a WORKING game server, complete with 45 interconnected maps, all populated with NPCs that are moving around and doing their own thing!
Following some real-life issues we've had to deal with over the past few weeks, Ozymandias has now started the process of building the new game client. In the nearish future we'll be sharing with you guys some more specific details (and hopefully images) with what we're coming up with.

Ozymandias

Ummm...OK then!..

Thank you about the updates.
What about the merge?

Thanks for all the hard work , I enjoy both Rings of Night and T I B , and it's hard for me to decide which game to log into . Being such a big fan of both I'm constantly looking for updates on the expansion. Thanks for giving the insight .

Solarstudd
Thanks for all the hard work , I enjoy both Rings of Night and T I B , and it's hard for me to decide which game to log into . Being such a big fan of both I'm constantly looking for updates on the expansion. Thanks for giving the insight .

Been hearing that RON may merge into TIB-X, any chance it will happen?
...And yes...I know most of yall don't like RON...but a merge would at least put the players outta there misery in a nearly dead game with no updates.