The Help For the Revival of Tib, and the stop of a shutdown thought

im my last few weeks of playing my most favorite game the infinite black i have noticed a few things that are missing that can help the player base increase and keep the current player base from degrading. one of these items are advertisement for the game its self, the mods can give links to the game for signup bonuses with a cap obviously. but lets say 1 person invites a friend when that friend gets to lets say 15 the person who invited them to tib would gain a bonus for helping player base would just be a referral link. another one of the items is a sign on bonus for people who sign in every day the more u sign in the better the reward capped also. another item can be events other then on main page and alliance/corp events something like weekly events that would reward items, exp: Weekly reward= prec holo xv objective kill 4000 weak invaders and 750 elite enforcers, or daily missions like Daily reward = ledg autocannon x objective kill 5 of any stronghold,

let me know your guys thoughts on this i think it would help player base and increase things to do in the game other then pew or rifty for gear

Let's do the time warp agaaaaain!

Lets spam Reddit with recruitment threads for our corps. The players will come running seeing all the activity.

The problem isn't getting new players. The problem is most of the new players quit once they find out how much it costs or how long it takes to be competitive. When you can't keep new players it's time to look at your business model. The game is dying a slow death and still nothing changes. Look at what happened when steam entered the picture, hundreds of new players for a week then they all quit.

All "things" die. Some would say a "slow death" is ideal depending on your point-of-view and past experiences.
I don't know much but I do know that people have been claiming this game to be dead or nearly dead for at least the last 5 years. Some take a break, perhaps a long one. Others quit, or claim that they are, only to return later. I have actually quit this game twice (once for more than 2-1/2 years) but find myself playing daily again for going on a year now.
What does all this mean? Hell I don't know. Like I said. I don't know much. All I know is that I keep logging in everyday and finding something fun to do. If it wasn't still fun, I wouldn't keep doing it.

The idea of login bonuses has been kicked around many times before iirc,many yrs ago the 1st time it was mentioned..u guys should know that giveaways are not very frequent and I for one don't count x2 BD sales as giveaways when they cost what they do..Tbh it's always frustrated me the lack of interest in keeping players happy Spellbook seem to have...or not have...I've just returned after around a 4 yr break and it's disappointing to see that absolutely NOTHING has changed other than the names..Have the devs even considered how much their in game currency costs??…$10 for 100 and you get 1 RP for your purchase...10 RP gets a flayer..$100 for a mid size ship in my opinion is ridiculous..you have a lot of long term players and a few that spend a hell of a lot of cash on a...lets face it...a throwaway game...how about actually looking after them instead of just thinking of new ways to get them to spend more BDs to have to purchase more..Spoellbook give away very little compared to other devs...even compensation for server downtime is never given unlike almost every other maker..sorry if I sound harsh cos I actually love the game and have played since there was only a red server but login bonuses and or rewards should be implemented into the game imo

Login rewards are exploitable, as people can create multiple accounts. It's just not going to happen.

Amcilla
Login rewards are exploitable, as people can create multiple accounts. It's just not going to happen.

His rant was not just about login rewards though. It was more about the game being stagnant and not offering anything to keep new players from leaving.
Personally I'd like to see the events being something other than 2X BD sales and/or increased XP and a better chance of good drops. And those drops are found in invys which no new player can take on by themselves. You need a group and usually the player with the best AH gets the loot. I think the events should be something that even new players can do by themselves. This is probably a stupid idea, but I'm throwing this in : An event where you hunt just pirates. And there should be different leagues with a reward to people who becomes first in their league and moves on to the next league. Like most other space games. For example, VEGA CONFLICT is a boring clash of clans like game set in space, but I found its events to be top notch.

Sigyo

His rant was not just about login rewards though. It was more about the game being stagnant and not offering anything to keep new players from leaving.
Personally I'd like to see the events being something other than 2X BD sales and/or increased XP and a better chance of good drops. And those drops are found in invys which no new player can take on by themselves. You need a group and usually the player with the best AH gets the loot. I think the events should be something that even new players can do by themselves. This is probably a stupid idea, but I'm throwing this in : An event where you hunt just pirates. And there should be different leagues with a reward to people who becomes first in their league and moves on to the next league. Like most other space games. For example, VEGA CONFLICT is a boring clash of clans like game set in space, but I found its events to be top notch.

i agree with this, top notch game idea, less events is tib atm is what it feels like.
add maybe a "TOTALLY" new events "EVERY" week or so, where u can gain a good sum of moneys or gears, exp, or gear parts/ship parts when u finish the event, could have new ships that can only be unlocked by events and not be tradable. also add poker holdem texas.
The events should be different, like new npcs for a limited time, or ai player or soemthing but im sure u guys are working on that in tibx or soemthing

Sigyo

How does the person with the best ah get the loot. First time laying tib?