BR mode

As many already know there is a clear issue among the players with the tech being used in the BR. Mainly drawing out the game a lot longer than most want to wait. Removing the tech from BR seems to be a common idea from what I’ve seen in server and among ally chat. Something else that could be done is to make Mets less available, this will force players to actually fight for Mets rather than hiding with a stealth or running away with a skip or n-drive or just flying around picking up Mets till the creep kills the last opposing player. Mainly trying to shorten the matches so people don’t have to wait as long in between fights. This is a common problem already viewed by players that have played BR, the two last players aren’t fighting. They just met heal till the other dies from the creep. One other idea could be the gear/resources are destroyed by the creep when it overlaps the sector, this would cut down on available resources and shorten match times as well. Just throwing ideas out there, positive input welcomed/other ideas.

I'm one of said players who has been using the strat mentioned above. I recorded a playthrough and the game was over 30 minutes long, 20 minutes of it was me and another guy with the same build looking for unused mets in the creep and healing with them. The whole map is covered in creep but people can still survive for quite a while on it. If you have the correct build the creep is not that scary to navigate.
Banning or nerfing tech will not be enough. I won a few games with +160 met repair builds. The most effective way to stop this boring strat is to make mets and res despawn when in the creep. I would recommend it despawning over a minute or so cause sometimes people get kills when in the creep and they may want to sift through dropped goods.
Another method is to have creep damage continuously increase over time. the 1k creep damage is just not enough to fend off the strat
Also, battles should not run 24/7 imo. I made like 1k bds from battles using the OP strat just today. Host a battle every few hours or something. Maybe every 12 hours host one with bigger entrance fees and bigger rewards.
Also, even with the 25 met drop on kills I still don't feel it is enough incentive for people to engage in fights. Maybe buff that a bit or increase cp on kills by 20-30%.

Sounds good. Will introduce a fix.

I have no issue with BR being continuous, mainly due to the fact this is a global game and if you start limiting BR to certain times people may not be able to enter.
The fact that the reward for winning is based on the number of entrants i think mitigates the OP reward for winning. You are basically betting against everyone, backing yourself to win.
The OP strategy, i agree, will need closing off.
Maybe try having the creep kill you after being in it for 3 seconds. Keep the creep the same at the beginning until you are down to 25 participants and then have one less non-creep sector than participants until you have a winner.
This will force people to occupy the same sectors and should lead to more pvp, and remove the OP strategy above.

Maybe we could launch one battle every hour, on the hour instead?
I'd like to have large battles with higher entry fees -- Maybe on weekends or something?

I'm fine with a Battle every 5 hours, though if the cost goes up could the rewards be for the top 20 players instead of only top 5?

Yeah I agree with themightyl. The big entrance fee battles should have top 10 prizes or something. Host 2-3 each day in the weekend so people in all timezones can participate. Maybe one every 8 hours or every 6 hours?

randomly assign players into corps and do not let them leave

Just another was for multi boxers to get free stuff. Sucks needs to be took off game. Not fair for 1v1 if u got some in battle with 4 ships. Stop putting cheap in the game. Why u have lost 90% of the population. And what's up with the expansion you were supposed to have over a year ago? Here it is like 15 months into it and all we seen is screenshots.....

dcube28
Just another was for multi boxers to get free stuff. Sucks needs to be took off game. Not fair for 1v1 if u got some in battle with 4 ships. Stop putting cheap in the game. Why u have lost 90% of the population. And what's up with the expansion you were supposed to have over a year ago? Here it is like 15 months into it and all we seen is screenshots.....

You ever do anything but whine dcube.