BR mode

dcube28
Just another was for multi boxers to get free stuff. Sucks needs to be took off game. Not fair for 1v1 if u got some in battle with 4 ships. Stop putting cheap in the game. Why u have lost 90% of the population. And what's up with the expansion you were supposed to have over a year ago? Here it is like 15 months into it and all we seen is screenshots.....

...Thats not how it works. And Ozy is taking his sweet time yes...tho at least WE ARE getting a update...we could be like RON and HOD...Lol

I'm working on anti-collusion mechanics today.

So I keep hearing players wanting a final sector left uncreeped, maybe leave 40/40 without creep over lapping it and then have creep damage increased to 2k per hit. That will force players into to safe zone and then they will have to fight it out. Possible idea could be to make the creep instant kill any ship that enters it once the creep has reached the blue zone, then players wouldn’t be able to enter the creep and look for Mets and draw out the match longer than it needs to be.

Maybe we could launch one battle every hour, on the hour instead?
I'd like to have large battles with higher entry fees -- Maybe on weekends or something?

Once a hour sounds great, Iam trying to play it in times when not many online. so waiting in queye half hour is not my think.
Weekends prolly more active, but why need bigger rewards, same people there anyway, unless u do that kind event every 4h hour at weekend.
Players luring and dragging others into the creep in late game and so creep get many kills there. creep def should eat all items /mets what it gets, but perhaps could also eat 20% ships metals from storage each jump in there.
concept is nice, so theres a lot new items it could drop. But also i dont like players spend whole day owning it and discard main game activities. Could demand tickets to play and could buy only 10 each day. could give tickets also from bd buys. Also could earn free tickets from every 1-2h played.

Coming soon:
Super Royale every 4 hours (25 bd / 125,000 Credits Entry Fee)
Mega Royale every 12 hours (100 bd / 500,000 Credits Entry Fee)
Ultimate Royale every 60 hours (500 bd / 2,500,000 Credits Entry Fee)
Tournament Royale every 160 hours (1000 bd / 5,000,000 Credits Entry Fee)
In these game modes:
- The creep is slower and more metals drop
- The top 10 players win a prize, instead of the top 5.
- The prizes are all a split of the entry fees, so the more people who play, the larger the pot.
- 5 players required to start instead of 10. If not enough players queue up, it will refund and start a normal round.
- A new Tournament leaderboard counts special event wins.
The :BATTLE command gives a countdown for each mode and alerts will let you know what mode is currently running.
We'll also try to live stream the larger ones on SPELLBOOK.TV
Other changes:
- You can now swap gear with an enemy in the sector
- EP overflow and resource overflow tests happen after a gear swap, so you won't dump resources and items when swapping gear anymore.

BR should be a once in a while thing. TIB doesn't have enough players left to run 2 different games at the same time. It's nice to see new content but this has ruined TIB, you log in and it's hard to find a rifty anymore. The only plus I can see so far is farming has become safer.

Liking the idea of this whole Battle Royale thing. TiB defo needs more advertisement and better player guides to start with very less are players in game who go for specific sets which work well... imo it would be better to keep newbies away from the whole BR thingy as they would simply spend their time and Credit / BD on this and as they lack knowledge of game mechanics and sets would quit eventually.

With only an average of 15 players playing BR at a time...I don't see how that is killing TIB...Tho even if it was, the faster one is now only every 4 hours, so should have no problem...even if there was one.

3qualiz3r
BR should be a once in a while thing. TIB doesn't have enough players left to run 2 different games at the same time. It's nice to see new content but this has ruined TIB, you log in and it's hard to find a rifty anymore. The only plus I can see so far is farming has become safer.

Less than 5% of the average online population is playing BR, maximum. I'm not sure it's impacting things as much as you might think.
I do have a bigger concern though with it detracting from other parts of the game in general, but it might also be attracting and keeping more players around. It's hard to say just yet.

Why can't we set up one last extra kickstarter and focus it just on new players and advertisement which could be key to making a tib a success.
Maybe new tutorial guides (ones which people understand), Also a heap of advertising on facebook,twitch,twitter any platform we can get too, why not reach out to Europeans you never see them play much on here i feel like ever since started this game has always been restricted to America.