BR mode

samson
Why can't we set up one last extra kickstarter and focus it just on new players and advertisement which could be key to making a tib a success.
Maybe new tutorial guides (ones which people understand), Also a heap of advertising on facebook,twitch,twitter any platform we can get too, why not reach out to Europeans you never see them play much on here i feel like ever since started this game has always been restricted to America.

Money isn't the issue with advertising. The problem is the client.. It's confusing, unfriendly, doesn't work particularly well, isn't visually attractive, and too many things are through chat commands.
My goal with the expansion client is to make something visually attractive which helps marketing, and has a good new player experience.
We've put over $20,000 into advertising in the past two years, and it never pays off. Typically we get about 1 download per $1 and only 1:100 of them stick around to play... So we're paying about $100 for a real new user. It's just not economically viable, at least with the current game.
What matters 1000x more than advertising is positive reviews, and word-of-mouth.
That's why it sucks every time a player who likes the game decides to give us a negative review (like lots of people still playing have). They're just killing the game they enjoy, and not fixing anything.
Our rating on Google Play was tanked by an alliance who was unhappy about some minor issue two years ago. I don't even remember what it was because it got changed a day later, but they did serious and lasting damage to the game -- We were dropped from Google's top game list, and saw a 90% decline in new users, all because some Alliance leader thought destroying our rating was a good idea. They were directly responsible for 2 employees losing their jobs because we couldn't afford them anymore, and we had to shift focus to Heroes of Dire to generate a new revenue stream.
If you guys want the game to survive, the best thing you could do is encourage corp mates to review the game. We don't give any rewards or gifts for positive reviews, other than not going out of business.

Ozymandias

Money isn't the issue with advertising. The problem is the client.. It's confusing, unfriendly, doesn't work particularly well, isn't visually attractive, and too many things are through chat commands.
My goal with the expansion client is to make something visually attractive which helps marketing, and has a good new player experience.
We've put over $20,000 into advertising in the past two years, and it never pays off. Typically we get about 1 download per $1 and only 1:100 of them stick around to play... So we're paying about $100 for a real new user. It's just not economically viable, at least with the current game.
What matters 1000x more than advertising is positive reviews, and word-of-mouth.
That's why it sucks every time a player who likes the game decides to give us a negative review (like lots of people still playing have). They're just killing the game they enjoy, and not fixing anything.
Our rating on Google Play was tanked by an alliance who was unhappy about some minor issue two years ago. I don't even remember what it was because it got changed a day later, but they did serious and lasting damage to the game -- We were dropped from Google's top game list, and saw a 90% decline in new users, all because some Alliance leader thought destroying our rating was a good idea. They were directly responsible for 2 employees losing their jobs because we couldn't afford them anymore, and we had to shift focus to Heroes of Dire to generate a new revenue stream.
If you guys want the game to survive, the best thing you could do is encourage corp mates to review the game. We don't give any rewards or gifts for positive reviews, other than not going out of business.

As soon as the new game comes you will see a major change in activity and eventually the amount of people paying and joining.. atm everything is to quiet needs that big update to install competition and thrill and opportunity. I for one know alot of people who are waiting for that update and as soon as it comes will be here . Many of those people currently play a game called aqual which is similar to this game .. I and many others have suggested this game to them but to really get popularity in the game again we need that update soon .

Good reply ozy and everything you said is 100% true, I always thought that the reviews we had on tib were good compared to other games. But oh well theres always people who spoil it for others.
I think what also could be done though is too spread it onto the social media platforms like they do with other mobile games, I am guessing that it is a cheaper and faster way of spreading the word about the game or does it not work? We all want it too be a success as much as you i mean most of us been playing since the start. If we could get more Europeans playing i wouldn't have to stay up till 4 am playing my favourite mobile game that could fix an inactive issue for gmt timezones.

Also who was the leader that destroyed tib ?

samson
Also who was the leader that destroyed tib ?

Alliance

Xariol

Alliance

If you look nearer the bottom of ozys post he says an "alliance leader".
#specsavers

samson

If you look nearer the bottom of ozys post he says an "alliance leader".
#specsavers

if you think about it. it would take more than one person changing reviews and more than one person telling other people to change theirs
so... alliance

There is a bunch of repeat one star reviews from multiple people.

There needs to be an amount of time that BR resets simply because not enough people want to play. No one needs to sit in queue for an hour waiting. Thanks.

samson

I think what also could be done though is too spread it onto the social media platforms like they do with other mobile games, I am guessing that it is a cheaper and faster way of spreading the word about the game or does it not work? We all want it too be a success as much as you i mean most of us been playing since the start. If we could get more Europeans playing i wouldn't have to stay up till 4 am playing my favourite mobile game that could fix an inactive issue for gmt timezones.

I don't know what would encourage us Europeans to play more, language barriers perhaps? (Dedicated Servers for Polish/Romanian/Russian/Portugese?) but many MMO games will be dominated by North America.
I agree Social media is always an excellent way to advertise more focused, and cheaply than other methods (I know a guy i will be speaking to now)
On Topic, BR mode, as a new player I'm not interested in playing at the moment, as I'm always looking to save for the next bit of gear, those few thousand credits are too valuable to me to gamble with, if there will be more hardcore BR matches, perhaps a softer fluffier one, lower risk, lower reward? Perhaps a few thousand entry, and a Pacifier as a reward? Being serious though, I'd spend a few thousand to play, just for fun, and maybe keep a few Mets or chance of finding a BD in game?
Anyway what I ill put in a review, and say here, is, as a pretty new player, a couple of weeks, the biggest Strength TIB has is its community. Apparently smaller than it used to be or not, I find many friendly, and a core of regular players. TIB can be criticised on a few things, but I have played games with better Graphics, Storylines, UI, all similar to TIB, but unless you're going to pay through the nose for the privilege or a device that has the top of the range Graphics set up, or play solo, TIB has been enjoyable to play, even if it is a bit frustrating seeing so much potential it could have.