Why half of TIB's playerbase does not support schoolyard pvp

Hello, I'm speaking on behalf of the main majority of dynasty leads when I make this post. I've also recieved pms from venom leads saying they do not support schoolyard pvp eighter.
Mind you, I participated in 3 schoolyard pvps so I am familiar with how they work. So claims I am too close minded to even try are wrong. I used to be one of the only dyn leads who supported it. After listening to my fellow leads arguments against it though, I changed my mind. I came in with an open mind and got my mind changed through listening to arguments. So the idea that I disagree just because of some tribal thing to disagree with whatever hs does just cause they are hs is wrong. I came in with an open mind.
Let me start by introducing this question that is the core of the issue: What keeps the alliances in game balanced?
The answer is cp. As a long time driver I know this very well. I use cp all the time to negotiate for my alliance when I feel is necessary.
If my alliance is down by 20 I will ask hitsquad to drop. Lets be honest here: hitsquad only drops because they know I will end pew the MOMENT I feel they are being dishonest. I can give a crystal clear example with me ending a scheduled pew scheduled a week in advance on round 2 because a hs driver refused to drop. Tons upon tons of hs QQ in server chat. But almost magically since then in the past 2 months there have been no issues whatsoever with them when I asked to drop to keep things balanced. Why? Not because hs is being generous. Because I used cp as bargaining power to get what I want. And all alliances are free to do this.
Using cp as bargaining power is what keeps the alliances in the game balanced. Its done so for years now. If 1 alli gets too big, the other allis will not pew with them and they will not get cp. Thus there is pressure on the alli which is too big to split up so fvf will happen again.
In comes schoolyard pvp. Here is my stance on it. I'm 100% FOR schoolyard pew under 2 conditions. EIGHTER
1. Both big allis are balanced OR
2. Schoolyard pvp happens as long as no 100% repair events.
Let me detail why I'm against it if these conditions are not met. Lets go back to my point about cp being used as bargaining power for the smaller alliance. With schoolyard pew, you take away the smaller alliance's ability to negotiate completely. Why should hs drop numbers if they know they can just pew themselves and get cp that way? There is no limiting force to 1 alli becoming bigger than all the others. Unless your someone that supports a completely unbalanced alliance dynamic with no limiting force or downside to smaller allis, then
Now, if there was no 100% repair event, the bigger alli can pew themselves but that comes at a cost: gear durability loss. And the reason I say big alli is because 90% of schoolyard pvp is hs. I've been in it 3 times. The limiting force that prevents 1 alli from being too big is that alli will take a huge amount of dura loss if this is how they get their cp.
I've heard people argue that all can join so it benefits everyone equally. If only more dyn joined and it was 50/50 then everyone would benefit equally. I don't buy it. This argument sidesteps the issue. This argument would be 100% correct if schoolyard pew is the only pew. The issue is that in regular non schoolyard pews, it takes away the smaller alli's bargaining power. Why should hs listen to my requests in regular pvp if they know they can get fast cp in schoolyard pew? The answer is that its in hs' best interest not to since they are the bigger alli. Remember my previous example asking hs to drop. ONLY reason they listened is because I denied them cp. But with schoolyard pew they would get cp elsewhere and would not have to listen to my requests. So smaller alli gets no bargaining power anymore and there is no limiting force stopping an alli from growing too big and disrupting alliance balance.
If anyone in hs cared about server balance they would agree with what I was saying.
This argument doesn't take into account that this throws off balance that keeps alliances from getting too big.
Let me be clear about what I'm not saying: I'm not saying hs purposely did this for a power grab. I know that's not the case. I had tous begging me multiple times to join dynasty so he could pew Xan. Lol. So some of it was honestly because people wanted to have fun and switch stuff up. I recognize that. That's one of the reasons I orginally joined. It's fun to switch things up. That's why I'm not 100% against it. I think schoolyard pew is fun. But it needs to be balanced so all allis benefit equally from it.
Like I said, I'm not completely against it. As long as the 2 conditions are met I believe we all can enjoy schoolyard pew while keeping the balance that keeps one alli from getting too big.
Why should people care about my rant? I'm an old pvp driver and I am VERY familiar with bargaining with enemy drivers. And I also speak for the majority of dynasty leads. I'm in our group chat and 95% of our leads are against schoolyard pvp for the reasons I gave. Venom alliance has pm'd me too saying they discourage people from joining schoolyard pvp too.
Mods, if half of your playerbase doesn't like an idea, maybe you should hear out their point of view too? You only heard 1 side of the story when you had hs pming you falsely claiming both allis came together for this event. I've been in schoolyard pew, its 90% hs. And even if it was balanced, it would still benefit the big alli more.

You could argue cp is not a limiting force for allis because the bigger alli can get cp from hunts/busts. I don't agree with this argument. The fastest way to get cp in game is through pvp. So while this claim is correct in that denying pew doesn't completely stop the bigger alli's ways to get cp, it stops the main way for the bigger alli to get cp. As for busting its true busting is a quick way to get cp, but only the top 1% can bust. So busting is just a fringe case that's not relevant for the majority of the alli. Same with defending too.

Would Dynasty participate if CP were disabled for the event?

Amcilla, I can speak for myself and say that I would personally. I dunno about other leads here. Amcilla remember I'm not against trying it. I just want to make sure everything stays balanced.
I think schoolyard pew could be a ton of fun if it is handled correctly.

Amcilla
Would Dynasty participate if CP were disabled for the event?

The main issue here, is if hs is allowed to just do this whenever they feel, there will be no negotiating for smaller alliances to get pew.
The only way to satisfy the problem imo, is to only allow this type of pew on occasion then make it against rules to do it without sanction, (as it is technically just bypassing to no farming your self for cp rule anyway.)

Disabling CP from kills makes sense - it prevents any allegations of cp farming

I think this event is a bad idea that removes what power smaller allies have for fvf, the ability to choose to stop it. Killing ones own allied ships for cp used to be something people got sanctioned or even banned for, I fail to see why a event that supports that would be allowed. Most mmo games have a timer when you leave a clan and join a clan so you can't get benefits for 24 hours, such a timer would eliminate people killing their own for cp. It was clear from general chat today that only one ally supports this event, why, because it benefits them the most. So while removing cp solves that issue it doesn't solve the issue of the other half of the server who wishes to continue playing tib the normal way.

I was going to put an alt in each stack because why not

If you disabled any gains from these events and it was a community driven activity I would support 100%. No CP and does not count on leaderboards. I would be all in. It would at that point be just for fun and I am all about fun XD

That's a good idea Snot.