Why half of TIB's playerbase does not support schoolyard pvp

If I remember correctly from what Ozy has said, the TIB concept comes from a game called Tradewars. In being that it was not designed to be 100% PvP. There's nothing wrong with that.
There are several awesome games designed for 100% PvP. CoD, Battlefield, PUBG, a few more. They are all awesome and if u are looking for 100% PvP I'd recommend u play those to get that rather than TIB.
Truth is, there's no way in-game players can have 2 balanced teams for the entire weekend. This will lead to reshuffling that takes time. It seems hours of time. It just do make sense to sit for 2 hours, have 10 minutes of pew, and then be done. This is how School pew has played out so far

samson
Its a weekend event its not just designated for hitsquad anyone can join and anyone can drive. Griz no offence but youll never have CP power until tibx comes with factions and even then if anyone actually gets along with you.
If it was a dynasty idea i guarentee there would be no QQ.

I want that guarantee in franked bonds!

Kungfupanda, I already addressed your point in my original response and you failed to rebut my claim about this throwing off small alliance balancing issues.
Your distracting from the point this has nothing to do with individuals this has to do with throwing off alliance balancing dynamics that have existed in the game for years.
If your the top dog alliance that comes at a cost, and the cost is its harder to get cp. The more powerful you get the more other allis will not pvp with you and the less targets for you to kill during hunts.
I'm not compaining hs is top dog. Good for you all. But like every other alliance in the past you have to deal with the downsides of being top alliance. I'm complaining when systems are suggested that curb the balance put in place to keep allis from getting too strong and making the game unbalanced.

I'll say this. If hs is so concerned about FvF being fair, they should do what every other alliance has done in the past when things got inbalanced: split up. That's what dynasty corp did when bamf joined hs.
I doubt hs will do it and fair enough, no one willingly wants to make their alli weaker. This is why we have the CP problem in place to make things more balanced.
Right now the market is flooded with cp from all the pews. Maybe in 2-3 months when there is less cp from pews hs will take my offer more seriously. We shall see.

Gaining cp is the one reason anyone will how up for fvf events period. Removing it will ruin the event. This is them thinking up new ways to ruin the event. Let's not allow that to happen.
If they don't want to participate then fine that's on them.
This event will greatly help new players or players in dire need of cp to get a terminus ship in this event alone..

jackl6 why do you think your alli is the only alli who supports it? I already told you why. You didn't address any of my points at all.

I dont understand your points trilo what does one weekend of fun a 3 day event going to change any of the dynamics? The game has been inbalanced since day 1 thats not our problem Ozy should of fixed that problem at the start.
This is suppose to be a community event 2 drivers from any alliance pick the exact same numbers to battle it out for just 3 DAYS everyone benefits from it. Its not just hs we are killing anyone who joins a team for fun and an event which we dont tend to see much of anymore.
Theres no thinking or qqing about it either turn up and participate or dont you can still do riftys/invys/hunt venom. Whatever happens the ones that do participate will enjoy it regardless and thats why half of them havent commented on here.

Samsonite
1. Im not completely against schoolyard pew. So I dunno why your arguing with me like I am.
2. Just cause game was not perfectly balanced does not mean we shouldn't try to keep the game from getting even more imbalanced
3. This is now gonna be the 4th time we doing schoolyard pew in the past 2 weeks. So its hardly a "one time event" like you suggested.
4. Your portrayal of the events is dishonest. All of the schoolyard pvp events are 90% hs. I was in 3 of them. I know.

If this was an event that benefitted everyone then why is hs the only alli who supports it? Venom and dyn do not support it.
The answer is simple. The event does not benefit everyone equally.

So one good point I have heard (and possibly the only one that makes sense) is using cp as a bargaining chip to keep things somewhat balanced.
Please stop with the HS is the only alliance that supports this. The server is HS vs Dynasty. Venom is and always will be by themselves and for themselves and should have no part of this conversation. You also assume in this argument that HS alliance is for it just cuz they are an alliance. Keep in mind that multiple corporations in each alliance (if not all of the corporations) have been in each other’s alliances. This has nothing to do with alliance affiliation.
How many of your friends have gotten bored and stopped playing? I can answer that for myself and it’s a majority of my friends. 80% of my old corp mates don’t login. This is just an idea to have some fun. Maybe more people will login.
Throw out cp for kills and let’s play for bragging rights. Why all the arguing? Why not have a community event? A server wide event. Dynasty, throw in a garrison and get a driver but then let’s split the server. A weekend event is much more doable than saying, “just split up the allies for balance.”