Why half of TIB's playerbase does not support schoolyard pvp

This is how most FvFs go - Round 1: 100v70; ask HS to drop alts, Round 2: 70v70 (ish); lose coz they have more mains in stack, call a GG in server; everyone's salty. Schoolyard pew eliminates the number imbalance and people who solo on TiB or are in a small corp/alliances can join for CP. This pew is the best idea I've seen to solve the biggest issue of FvF, the numbers. It's just a pure and straightforward way to get FvF going.
The bargaining for CP stuff, server imbalance, etc are a completely different issue which requires corp reshuffling or capping 5-6 corps in one alliance which no one is ever willing to talk about tbh. (Hopefully) I speak for everyone who doesn't care about power struggles - Don't ruin schoolyard pew by mixing up these topics, please.

Steelix
This is how most FvFs go - Round 1: 100v70; ask HS to drop alts, Round 2: 70v70 (ish); lose coz they have more mains in stack, call a GG in server; everyone's salty. Schoolyard pew eliminates the number imbalance and people who solo on TiB or are in a small corp/alliances can join for CP. This pew is the best idea I've seen to solve the main reason FvF is stopped, the numbers. It's just a pure and straightforward way to get FvF going.
The bargaining for CP stuff, server imbalance, etc are a completely different issue which requires corp reshuffling or capping 5-6 corps in one alliance which no one is ever willing to talk about tbh. (Hopefully) I speak for everyone who doesn't care about power struggles - Don't ruin schoolyard pew by mixing up these topics, please.

Yep, I just wanna play cuz it's fun lol, couldn't care less about the rest of it, I enjoyed it so thats all I really care about.

Zeus484
If I remember correctly from what Ozy has said, the TIB concept comes from a game called Tradewars. In being that it was not designed to be 100% PvP. There's nothing wrong with that.
There are several awesome games designed for 100% PvP. CoD, Battlefield, PUBG, a few more. They are all awesome and if u are looking for 100% PvP I'd recommend u play those to get that rather than TIB.
Truth is, there's no way in-game players can have 2 balanced teams for the entire weekend. This will lead to reshuffling that takes time. It seems hours of time. It just do make sense to sit for 2 hours, have 10 minutes of pew, and then be done. This is how School pew has played out so far

Zeus, I haven't seen you in a single schoolyard fleet, so you can't possibly make a credible statement on how long it takes to rebalance if numbers and/or firepower get misaligned.
It literally takes less than 2 mins. Lol

What I don't understand is how you think that the hitsquad alliance is the only ones who will benefit from this.
Let me explain how this works.
Everyone leaves Corp and enters a single sector.
Now everyone is a privateer.
Teams are picked one by one until the teams are filled
Each team will Consist of a mixture of players from all alliances.
Many will bring alts to the teams.
A player with alts will have him or herself and their alts on the same team. This will prevent the violai of self killing.
Neither team will earn skulls towards their home alliance because neither team will be in an alliance.
The only thing you can earn is cp when your stack makes a kill.
This benefits you and everyone else in your stack.
So it would behove the individual player to be in stack with their alts. As many as you can safely control properly because you don't want to have an unexpected manned alt that sits there and wastes a rescues time.
This benefits everyone not any single alliance.
This allows the weak to gain strength..
This allows any player who doesn't have much or whom can't afford a terminus ship to buy one without purchasing black dollars and buying it from another player... There are some in game who don't buy BDS so this is a very good opportunity for them to make that happen.
Everyone is encouraged to join.
Numb skull pride is the only thing keeping people out of this.
You've experienced the school yard fvf and you like it trilo. I know you do despite the 180 degree flip you made the other day.
But I get it the fear of reprisal is strong.
The people spaming sc though saying this is bannable lol please at least educate them so they understand it's not self killing if all of your ships are on the same side. You can't kill your own ships that way.
The fear for the little guys and gals breaking gear was removed via lowered dura loss and the event repairs to follow.
Let the little guys earn up too where they normally would have zero chance of earning real cp..
Sure they go on hunts but never do they get a shot at what could easily be a 60k+ cp weekend provided enough people join.

jackl6
What I don't understand is how you think that the hitsquad alliance is the only ones who will benefit from this.
Let me explain how this works.
Everyone leaves Corp and enters a single sector.
Now everyone is a privateer.
Teams are picked one by one until the teams are filled
Each team will Consist of a mixture of players from all alliances.
Many will bring alts to the teams.
A player with alts will have him or herself and their alts on the same team. This will prevent the violai of self killing.
Neither team will earn skulls towards their home alliance because neither team will be in an alliance.
The only thing you can earn is cp when your stack makes a kill.
This benefits you and everyone else in your stack.
So it would behove the individual player to be in stack with their alts. As many as you can safely control properly because you don't want to have an unexpected manned alt that sits there and wastes a rescues time.
This benefits everyone not any single alliance.
This allows the weak to gain strength..
This allows any player who doesn't have much or whom can't afford a terminus ship to buy one without purchasing black dollars and buying it from another player... There are some in game who don't buy BDS so this is a very good opportunity for them to make that happen.
Everyone is encouraged to join.
Numb skull pride is the only thing keeping people out of this.
You've experienced the school yard fvf and you like it trilo. I know you do despite the 180 degree flip you made the other day.
But I get it the fear of reprisal is strong.
The people spaming sc though saying this is bannable lol please at least educate them so they understand it's not self killing if all of your ships are on the same side. You can't kill your own ships that way.
The fear for the little guys and gals breaking gear was removed via lowered dura loss and the event repairs to follow.
Let the little guys earn up too where they normally would have zero chance of earning real cp..
Sure they go on hunts but never do they get a shot at what could easily be a 60k+ cp weekend provided enough people join.

Duuuude I'm looking forward to a 60k cp weekend lol

I get it, your comments about it only being good for one Ally. That's your opinion and entitled to that.
The only way it would benefit any one alliance more so than another as a whole is if one alliance is keeping their members from joining but in the end who is to blame for such a thing? You guessed it... That alliance who can't swallow their pride long enough to have some fun.
This is after all an event where everyone is welcome to join big or small new or old poorly geared or heavily geared. An event where major alliances are left at the door.
This event should not be changed from the original post with the exception of removal of Nova's as well. Because there will be trolls who aren't part of the event trying to disrupt it in any way possible. Other than that yis good to go.
With this being the first semi official event like this it shouldn't be altered. It need to run as a base line. Who knows maybe things in the next one can be changed slightly. But as it stands it's good to go.
Have fun all. That's what we are all here to do right?

No, I just see Trilo leave and 2 hours later there is about 5 minutes of pew. Have at it. I won't be joining.