schoolyard thing

Just use battle royale code to make schoolyard pew.

1. Everyone stripped naked and toss into lvl 100 flagship (or give them all a standard set minus specials)

2. Randomly put in to one of 2 corporations

3. some gear in sectors n such same with mets.

4. everyone moves at same speed so anyone can drive.

5. could put some random gear into garrisons for driver, maybe some other randoms specials tech/hook etc...

Get like a 2 minute time to form up and drive around looking for gear to get ready when it starts.

That would be fair.

oh and make it a special event thing only so it doesn't totally kill regular pvp.

This would be a problem imo,
What happens when one corp gets all the tib drivers or all the techs and all the hooks?
What happens when some people who don't play nice go in and steal all the gear that is intended for drivers to be able to drive and don' t want to share?
I could go on and on about this type of issue, but if gear isn't allocated to people who know how to use it, the pew is pointless.

same shit can happen as is. provide ideas to improve it or go play whatever game you actually play cause you don't play tib.

I think this idea is interesting. Szer is right that there could be issue with balancing due to randomness, but think of it like this: sometimes the randomness hurts 1 team, sometimes it hurts the other.
So I feel like overall this idea is fair and I'm down to try it.

We had spoken to spellbook about something similar to this. Which ozzy had been working on in the past which is team br. Problem is
1. Teams are random so no way to balance.
2. Many will still not participate becuz of reasons (same as now)
3. During these team BRs it leaves alli clusters defenseless. Which is why we asked for schoolyard pew to be set up the way it is.
4.it will take just as long for fleets to be set up and one may be ready before the another. (Another balance and time issue)

So basically this idea is the same as schoolyard pew just with more issues and more problems open for the event to ruined by dynasty. I say that because dynasty has tried to ruin just about any and every event that has come out of this game thus far.

Oober
We had spoken to spellbook about something similar to this. Which ozzy had been working on in the past which is team br. Problem is
1. Teams are random so no way to balance.
2. Many will still not participate becuz of reasons (same as now)
3. During these team BRs it leaves alli clusters defenseless. Which is why we asked for schoolyard pew to be set up the way it is.
4.it will take just as long for fleets to be set up and one may be ready before the another. (Another balance and time issue)

1. its random. every ship could have all the same gear except some specific stuff in their garrison that can be shared out. or found in their start sector.
2. its a sandbox . some people don't want to play it fine. make it more desirable so people will want to.
3. while the event is on disable GB in regular tib.
4. so schoolyard is faster because people already have their gear. which can be anything which isn't terribly fair to the new people everyone claims to give a shit about
nice thing about random is nobody gets a set advantage.
Could set it up so you have
O-G-G
where O is an empty sector full of specials/gear and then filler garrison and main garrison
That way you all pop in. people pick their gear. then form up and drive out.
Both teams get same gear. same number of same level ships and can decide how to use it.
Everyone moves the same speed. Follow whoever and head out. Split up if ya want.

Xariol
Just use battle royale code to make schoolyard pew.
1. Everyone stripped naked and toss into lvl 100 flagship (or give them all a standard set minus specials)
2. Randomly put in to one of 2 corporations
3. some gear in sectors n such same with mets.
4. everyone moves at same speed so anyone can drive.
5. could put some random gear into garrisons for driver, maybe some other randoms specials tech/hook etc...
Get like a 2 minute time to form up and drive around looking for gear to get ready when it starts.
That would be fair.

I like the Team BR idea, honestly. Mythra did leak that Ozy had previously been working on a code for it.
I don't see the random gear set thing working... Maybe if he did the lvl 100 titan thing for all participants and had pre-set gear selections as roles: say you get 1 driver, X amount of bfg, X amount of hook, X amount of beam, X amount of ram queued into one round per side.
We wouldn't even need garrisons. There was a mod idea of having two blue sectors on either side of the map for respawns/regroups.
Run matches to a set number of kills or time them... Team with the most kills wins.
The only issue there is that the more work Ozy has to do on it, the less likely it'll come to fruition.

Xanathos

I like the Team BR idea, honestly. Mythra did leak that Ozy had previously been working on a code for it.
I don't see the random gear set thing working... Maybe if he did the lvl 100 titan thing for all participants and had pre-set gear selections as roles: say you get 1 driver, X amount of bfg, X amount of hook, X amount of beam, X amount of ram queued into one round per side.
We wouldn't even need garrisons. There was a mod idea of having two blue sectors on either side of the map for respawns/regroups.
Run matches to a set number of kills or time them... Team with the most kills wins.
The only issue there is that the more work Ozy has to do on it, the less likely it'll come to fruition.

That could work. Would be easier for him to just randomly change a bunch of stuff about tib. Make some guns do weird stuff. How some gear works. Don't even tell the server. Let us figure it out through trial and error. Just to shake things up.
The real problem is that people are giving up and moving on and its leaving the tib die hards sitting there going , well shit, now what do we do.
Have an event where he just goes in and does something like pick a random underused gun and buff it to damage tanks. Or a gun that if you fire it at a nova it heals it if you critical hit.
Hell make thorium armor do some random shit. Don't want to know. Would be fun as hell to find out. Heck make hardcore ships get a huge buff. So you could put common gear on a lvl 30 hardcore ship and have it hit like a lvl 300 in ulti stuff. Downside is same as HC now. Lose all levels and whatever else you got on. Then put a bunch of common 1% specials in garrisons.
Leave the random changes on for a couple days see how it goes.
Everyone is stuck on standard pew and how things have always been.
CHANGE ANYTHING, CHANGE EVERYTHING!! Drastic times call for drastic measures and more of the same in a different package isn't going to cut it.