My Thoughts on Schoolyard

I do not see an issue of schoolyard pew to begin with. This game has been stagnant for the past couple months; farming, invying, hunting rinse repeat, nothing more and its gotten boring even fvfs have died down. neither alli is attempting a full roll anymore.

As one of the Dynasty Alli Leads ▪ I fully support the idea of school yard pew. ▪

It is something new to the server and will bring the fun back to the game for those who really enjoy the PvP aspect of tib. Especially for the allis who are very small and never PvP, they can join in on the fun and FvF instead of farming/invying 100% of the time. It also balances out the two sides so we dont schedule pew days in advance, show up 100 v 60, ask to drop, still get our asses whooped, then GG in server after round 2. Its good for everyone participating in it and keeps the game alive.

I get Trilo's point on bargaining power, but here's my argument. Before school yard was introduced, we tried to bargain hs to drop ships. We still lost to them and end pew. Yes, its nice to have the bargaining power, but it seems its not even working to help our performance in FvF.

Best way for us to solve our ship problem is to get more ppl in our alliance. Yes, that would mean get Venom in Dynasty. Get Furys Honor in Dynasty. But with the huge difference in the way Dynasty and Venom are with leadership, i dont see that happening.

Asking HS to split their alli would be petty. Why would they do that on our terms? It is our job as underdog alliances to increase members and activity, but if we cant do that, we fail as alliances.

HS has built themselves up from 3rd alli, to 2nd, to 1st with outstanding organization, communication, outsmarting their opponents and just never giving up. Its still possible for an underdog alliance to build to the top.

I read somewhere that HS would benefit the most from school yard cp wise.. well, lets put it this way

Before the mods even introduced this as an event, HS was already doing schoolyard pew by themselves after they got the okay/support from Mythra. (Tous's screenshot). We are fortunate enough that HS wants to include us and Mods want to do this as a weekend event. If we are going to dismiss the schoolyard idea and try to get the event taken down, HS probably will continue to do schoolyard pew by themselves as its still supported by mods.

☆The more we are against it, the more they "benefit" from it☆

Either way everyone participating benefits but im sure HS is more than comfortable to continue this by themselves.

Im also 100% certain that a few people from Dynasty/Venom will join HS whenever they do schoolyard pew because they just simply want to pew and enjoy Tibs PvP portion of the game. Schoolyard looks like its going to be a new feature to tib.. which our last feature was BR and BR is shut down atm. I'm just happy that we have ppl that are still trying to make tib better and the mods are working with them to make it happen. If yall cant accept schoolyard pew then tib is officially half dead.

Imma take part in it till it stops happening all together ya know? I enjoy it, I'm not even in it for the cp lol, I just do it cuz my friends are takin part in it and tib is fun when ya playing it with ya friends lol

Hahaha...dynasty an underdog alliance? Thanks for the chuckle.

Grizellus

The only ones chucking are are at you not with you lol.

Grizellus

My point with that is it is quite clear that HS is number one and Dynasty is number two. Its a fact, and there have been many times we pew out numbered to HS. We even had your alli join us so we can even the numbers. That makes us including Dynasty the underdogs against HS.

IQUEI
I do not see an issue of schoolyard pew to begin with. This game has been stagnant for the past couple months; farming, invying, hunting rinse repeat, nothing more and its gotten boring even fvfs have died down. neither alli is attempting a full roll anymore.
As one of the Dynasty Alli Leads ▪ I fully support the idea of school yard pew. ▪
It is something new to the server and will bring the fun back to the game for those who really enjoy the PvP aspect of tib. Especially for the allis who are very small and never PvP, they can join in on the fun and FvF instead of farming/invying 100% of the time. It also balances out the two sides so we dont schedule pew days in advance, show up 100 v 60, ask to drop, still get our asses whooped, then GG in server after round 2. Its good for everyone participating in it and keeps the game alive.
I get Trilo's point on bargaining power, but here's my argument. Before school yard was introduced, we tried to bargain hs to drop ships. We still lost to them and end pew. Yes, its nice to have the bargaining power, but it seems its not even working to help our performance in FvF.
Best way for us to solve our ship problem is to get more ppl in our alliance. Yes, that would mean get Venom in Dynasty. Get Furys Honor in Dynasty. But with the huge difference in the way Dynasty and Venom are with leadership, i dont see that happening.
Asking HS to split their alli would be petty. Why would they do that on our terms? It is our job as underdog alliances to increase members and activity, but if we cant do that, we fail as alliances.
HS has built themselves up from 3rd alli, to 2nd, to 1st with outstanding organization, communication, outsmarting their opponents and just never giving up. Its still possible for an underdog alliance to build to the top.
I read somewhere that HS would benefit the most from school yard cp wise.. well, lets put it this way
Before the mods even introduced this as an event, HS was already doing schoolyard pew by themselves after they got the okay/support from Mythra. (Tous's screenshot). We are fortunate enough that HS wants to include us and Mods want to do this as a weekend event. If we are going to dismiss the schoolyard idea and try to get the event taken down, HS probably will continue to do schoolyard pew by themselves as its still supported by mods.
Either way everyone participating benefits but im sure HS is more than comfortable to continue this by themselves.
Im also 100% certain that a few people from Dynasty/Venom will join HS whenever they do schoolyard pew because they just simply want to pew and enjoy Tibs PvP portion of the game. Schoolyard looks like its going to be a new feature to tib.. which our last feature was BR and BR is shut down atm. I'm just happy that we have ppl that are still trying to make tib better and the mods are working with them to make it happen. If yall cant accept schoolyard pew then tib is officially half dead.

You hit the nail on the head, man. Thank you.

The fear of reprisal for joining in on the event needs to end.
Threats of not being allowed back into the alliance after the event is over it petty af....its a game meant to be fun.
When certain people go off the deep end on a power trip they become toxic to their Corp their alliance, and the game as a whole. Y'all know who I'm talking about. hopefully a vote is made to remove said bad apple from the group so the rest can enjoy the game....
Thank you for speaking up!
Maybe now others will voice their real opinion or terra will gain a lot more members lol

I have had others come to me and voice their interest, but are afraid of being banned and removed.
I posted to ask if this was true or false, and the post was removed .. so ... guess that someone didn't like that question being asked in an open forum setting.
I do hope strongly that we can all come together and do something new (edit: new to Unity, it was done on gold). I'll follow any driver, I'll happily fly with any rescues and do my best to save any ship that is in my charge. And I will do so with glee -- as Trilo can attest to, having been both a driver, and rescue, in schoolyard fleet with us.
I am just sorry that fear corrupted the fun and I hope that those who want to not participate can stop pulling down those that do.
Respectfully,
Inara/Hermia

IQUEI

IQUEI

ILY

LMAO... I remember a time when bamf rolled Dyn and HS every day and we joined forces and now... Dyn split because why? HS invited the very corps that had harassed us for months/years. The tides in this game change. It is the natural order and to disrupt that with a separate game model that provides benefits without the grind and work that makes it worthwhile. If that is the case then maybe SB needs to work on an new non alli related corp.less game. The natural order of things is people are forced to fend and defeat the enemy. It has always been this way and to change that is to truly destroy what TIB is. Good luck with that. I wont take part and will do everything I can to prevent it. Ban me if necessary but I will fleet against every schoolyard that contains any rewards.