My Thoughts on Schoolyard

Trilo
You all talk about "togetherness" and bringing the server together all this shit then spread fake rumors and lies towards dyn leads and expect us to join in on "togetherness" stuff? No way.

I'm starting to get the vibe that the entire community despises change at its very core and use any bs excuse necessary to make sure nothing changes. Ever. That post almost makes it seem like you were all for the schoolyard thing till you saw Hermia's post.
TiB community can't even handle the change in the way same things are done. Imagine the salt when new things are introduced on TiBX.

Yall should go play ron then........yall f - in crybabies

Steelix
Imagine the salt when new things are introduced on TiBX.

It'll be fun times.
There are some radically different mechanics in the expansion, but it will ultimately be a better game. There's 8 years of feedback and player concerns behind the updates.
We're considering removing micro-transactions and making TIB a standard "pay once, play forever" game. We're working on that conversion for Heroes of Dire now, and will do the same for TIB if it goes well.

Ozymandias

It'll be fun times.
There are some radically different mechanics in the expansion, but it will ultimately be a better game. There's 8 years of feedback and player concerns behind the updates.
We're considering removing micro-transactions and making TIB a standard "pay once, play forever" game. We're working on that conversion for Heroes of Dire now, and will do the same for TIB if it goes well.

Good luck with that, I can already picture reactions now lol

OMG that’s a hideous idea Ozy (I’m normally a fan of your concepts). It reeks of you trying to cash in and will do untold damage to the player base - please, I explore you... don’t.

GreenGrouch
please, I explore you.

I'm gonna assume you meant implore, but reading it as explore makes me laugh, so thanks for that lol.

GreenGrouch
OMG that’s a hideous idea Ozy (I’m normally a fan of your concepts). It reeks of you trying to cash in and will do untold damage to the player base - please, I explore you... don’t.

They need to make money on this if it flops all of it is done probably get binned and have nothing left worth playing. We want it too last for another 8 years+ with constant updates!
All you lot do is complain about anything and everything if Ozy said you won the lotto youd complain it wasn't enough money.

samson

They need to make money on this if it flops all of it is done probably get binned and have nothing left worth playing. We want it too last for another 8 years+ with constant updates!
All you lot do is complain about anything and everything if Ozy said you won the lotto youd complain it wasn't enough money.

Normally I’m very supportive of Ozy / SB but when I think something is really bad I need to speak up.
And yes, god damn auto correct grrrr.

fatpreston
LMAO... I remember a time when bamf rolled Dyn and HS every day and we joined forces and now... Dyn split because why? HS invited the very corps that had harassed us for months/years. The tides in this game change. It is the natural order and to disrupt that with a separate game model that provides benefits without the grind and work that makes it worthwhile. If that is the case then maybe SB needs to work on an new non alli related corp.less game. The natural order of things is people are forced to fend and defeat the enemy. It has always been this way and to change that is to truly destroy what TIB is. Good luck with that. I wont take part and will do everything I can to prevent it. Ban me if necessary but I will fleet against every schoolyard that contains any rewards.

Dyn corp spliting from HS was their own decision. BAMF joining HS wasnt brought up till little after Dyn left. Understandable that 1 corp joining an alli made 3 left.. (EF, Murder, Terra), but there was a time in red server when Murk and Murder Inc were arch-enemies for the longest time. If i'm not mistaken, wasn't Murder and Murk both in HS alli for awhile at the same time? Wasnt HS and Dynasty arch enemies in blue server? Yes, corps can and will be enemies with other corps, but the beef doesnt last forever in most cases. Sometimes enemy corps need to team up to take on the common enemy.
School yard pew would not exactly be the only way to pew. It'll be a way to do it for scheduled pew, but lets say HS has a hunt group out. Dyn decides to fleet up and hunt down HS hunt. Those two hunt groups collide and that can result in an non-schoolyard fvf that way.

Ozymandias

It'll be fun times.

Personally, I would ask that you wouldn't do this. A lot of us have paid y'all a ton over the years via microtransactions. I would argue that you would be taking a lot of your revenue away by doing away with microtransactions. Also, on another note, if you implement the "pay once, play forever" thing for tib or the tib expansion, would the people who have already given y'all money via those microtransactions, or via kickstarter (for tibx), have to buy the game?... or would they be "grandfathered" in already?