My Thoughts on Schoolyard

SpeciesX
Personally, I would ask that you wouldn't do this. A lot of us have paid y'all a ton over the years via microtransactions. I would argue that you would be taking a lot of your revenue away by doing away with microtransactions. Also, on another note, if you implement the "pay once, play forever" thing for tib or the tib expansion, would the people who have already given y'all money via those microtransactions, or via kickstarter (for tibx), have to buy the game?... or would they be "grandfathered" in already?

I don't have any details about what that conversion might mean. Nobody would ever lose anything, however. If anything your stuff would become much more valuable.
Free-To-Play games with microtransactions are not as popular anymore. It's hard to attract new players. Most people assume it's abusive "buy 8 crystals to play another 10 minutes" and won't download it.
Paid games also remove a game developer's incentive to create mechanics that might be bad for you, but good for the bottom line. It guarantees our focus is on making the absolute best game possible without any consideration of what might that might do to BlackDollar sales.
We had a really good experience putting Virtual Boxing League on Steam as a one-time paid game. It changes how everything is approached from mechanics to marketing.
For TIB it wouldn't happen any time soon, if ever. We'll see how the expansion does first, as well as the Heroes of Dire paid conversion.

Ozymandias

I don't have any details about what that conversion might mean. Nobody would ever lose anything, however. If anything your stuff would become much more valuable.
Free-To-Play games with microtransactions are not as popular anymore. It's hard to attract new players. Most people assume it's abusive "buy 8 crystals to play another 10 minutes" and won't download it.
Paid games also remove a game developer's incentive to create mechanics that might be bad for you, but good for the bottom line. It guarantees our focus is on making the absolute best game possible without any consideration of what might that might do to BlackDollar sales.
We had a really good experience putting Virtual Boxing League on Steam as a one-time paid game. It changes how everything is approached from mechanics to marketing.
For TIB it wouldn't happen any time soon, if ever. We'll see how the expansion does first, as well as the Heroes of Dire paid conversion.

Well good luck with it! I'll still play tib cuz if I quit after spending 5 years of my life playing this game I'd have nothing better to do lol

Kiwiborn96
Well good luck with it! I'll still play tib cuz if I quit after spending 5 years of my life playing this game I'd have nothing better to do lol

There's plenty of things out there you can do lol. I aswell played the game for 5+ years straight, but as my total play time in tib deminishes over-time, i've gotten motivated and inspired to start a couple projects ;)

IQUEI

There's plenty of things out there you can do lol. I aswell played the game for 5+ years straight, but as my total play time in tib deminishes over-time, i've gotten motivated and inspired to start a couple projects ;)

Lol I know theres better things to do but I suck at staying motivated haha

THIS hole weekend event is a dictatorship . Fight hs way or no was and its bs . Both their fleets were even with ours and the want to merge when we show up to join and my group of 40 with 100 ships .real sportsman ship like . SO THIS GAME ALL ABOUT HS AND HOW THEY WANT IT DONE we get it u all the boss of tib rgr

badbeeson
THIS hole weekend event is a dictatorship . Fight hs way or no was and its bs . Both their fleets were even with ours and the want to merge when we show up to join and my group of 40 with 100 ships .real sportsman ship like . SO THIS GAME ALL ABOUT HS AND HOW THEY WANT IT DONE we get it u all the boss of tib rgr

your just mad u lost and are missing out cause u won't join

would make a whole lot more sense to scrap the whole schoolyard 2 garrison garbage and just make the whole server 1% dmg on death and 3x cp.
this would be a good event that would more fit what this event is claiming to be. "fun for everyone"
whole server
1% dmg on death
3x cp
no gb on whole server for duration of event
no strikes for duration of event
no novas for duration of event
everyone gets to farm up massive wads of cp until its pretty well worthless and no reason to qq.
you could fight outnumbered and so what if you die 75 times. woopity doo.
it removes the political nonsense from the whole event.
want to make it more interesting than cap all black sectors at 20 to 30 ships.

spitfire
your just mad u lost and are missing out cause u won't join

Lost to a fleet of 100 I'm not mad hard to beat 100 ships with 40. Could of been a fun fight all 3 fleets were even for most part but no he way or no way.
I'm mad cause it's a dictatorship its ur way or the highway and that's not how a pew game works. Who's this event hurting the hole server cause its 50/50 hs support dynasty dont .
Let's make sure China loans us soldiers in the next world war so it's a fair war ok .

Everyone was welcome to participate, and nobody lost anything by choosing not to.
Let's all relax and enjoy life.

Xariol
would make a whole lot more sense to scrap the whole schoolyard 2 garrison garbage and just make the whole server 1% dmg on death and 3x cp.
this would be a good event that would more fit what this event is claiming to be. "fun for everyone"
whole server
1% dmg on death
3x cp
no gb on whole server for duration of event
no strikes for duration of event
no novas for duration of event
everyone gets to farm up massive wads of cp until its pretty well worthless and no reason to qq.
you could fight outnumbered and so what if you die 75 times. woopity doo.
it removes the political nonsense from the whole event.
want to make it more interesting than cap all black sectors at 20 to 30 ships.

You know that sounds great. But from experience dynasty won't fight outnumbered. No matter how much deaths dont matter. So if you get make that happen. I would be for it. Complaints are fleets are too lopsided and SY pew is a great solution to that. And it gets the whole server involved not just the two big allis.