Positive Experiences on Schoolyard PvP

Just thought it would be nice create a thread showing the positives from the ones joining in on the event. If you didnt participate or dont have anything nice to say please dont post.

It's great, I had my first time driving an fvf stack during one of these, and even if I got my ass kicked and was panicking the entire time I had alot of fun lol, I've been rescuing during them too and learning to do that, I'm just enjoying it all :) being in discord with a bunch of people is just a nice little extra for it.

I didn’t think I would care for it. It was fun having even stacks and different targets to shoot at. I had not left HS corp since we did joint ops with Bamf alli when dynasty ruled the game. I can’t wait to see how the game evolves on Tibx.

When I was mainly playing on Gold Server, it got so bad at the end before the merge that we had no choice but to School Yard FvF. The server was dead otherwise. Once everyone on Gold knew a merge with Unity was inevitable, the SY FvF seemed to build camaraderie that became lasting bonds despite the different Corps and Alliances. Many of us wanted to keep playing together even after the merge and we have done so as a result of those early Gold Server SY FvFs. That experience was extremely positive at that time.
This time it is different. The biggest difference is that there is only one server. Everyone playing this game is on this one server. My initial reaction to introducing SY FvF now on Unity was that it would further discourage traditional Ally vs. Ally FvF so I was not a proponent. However, when it became evident that one of the premiere alliances would no longer adhere to that tradition, I changed my view quite abruptly. All who participate seem to have fun whether an old school player or a brand new player. All are welcome to join. One effect is team building even if you go back to another team when it's done. The other effect is that the server stays active which is something I think all who are still playing want.

This just in "cat is pleasantly surprised to find their food bowl full of delicious treats".

For me, I had a shiny awesome time!
I got to train a brand new, never before done-it Rescue! We got to talk gear and mechanics, teach movement and theories, and why you do this or not that; and better yet, I had the chance to take a new Rescue out for some pretty great practice. A few more times, and I am sure they will be ready to fly from the nest on their own! I can't wait to have more techs show up that want to try rescuing. In my humble opinion, its one of the more difficult game mechanics to master, but so so so rewarding... like I don't know why anyone would do drugs. Its such a high, swooping in and knowing that you saved a ship!
I realize most of ya are happy with the whacking but for me, its about the saving... and I can't wait to see who I get to Rescue with today!

Super Awesome...
Getting to see new guys step up to the next level gaming like learning to rescue, drive etc. This just means the fun wont be limited with only those usual ppl leading stuff after the event is over, thats more ACTIVITY .. something TIB needs dearly.