Free to Play vs One Time Paid

Its always hard to judge when one cant see the final product, but...

I would be very cautious towards going to a one time paid game for TIB. One of the entire points of TIB is that you always have something to work for.

Maybe i want a new rescue set. Maybe i want a drivers set. Maybe i want a beam set. Etc etc. In a game where you pay once, normally these gears take a lot less time to acquire.

The reason i keep coming back to TIB is that there is always something to work for. Always a way to get better. I would hate to get bored because there is literally nothing to work towards.

If you are concerned about it being unfair to the players lower the cost of bds. For instance. If i spend $60 (the cost of a brand new video game) And you give me 750 bds. Yeah. Im going to think you screwed me.

In the end its possible you guys have a vision for this one time pay thing that i cant see. Maybe its the right choice for dire even.

Cluub
Its always hard to judge when one cant see the final product, but...
I would be very cautious towards going to a one time paid game for TIB. One of the entire points of TIB is that you always have something to work for.
Maybe i want a new rescue set. Maybe i want a drivers set. Maybe i want a beam set. Etc etc. In a game where you pay once, normally these gears take a lot less time to acquire.
The reason i keep coming back to TIB is that there is always something to work for. Always a way to get better. I would hate to get bored because there is literally nothing to work towards.
If you are concerned about it being unfair to the players lower the cost of bds. For instance. If i spend $60 (the cost of a brand new video game) And you give me 750 bds. Yeah. Im going to think you screwed me.
In the end its possible you guys have a vision for this one time pay thing that i cant see. Maybe its the right choice for dire even.

i dont think there was any mention of making tib a one time pay game.
if i read it correctly ozy was making the other games in spell books collections a one time pay.

If we ever made TIB a paid game, it would be more like $4.99 app store and $19.99 on Steam.
You'd still have all the same challenges and goals, but the items, experience, ships, and corporations would be earned through effort only. It keeps a lot of people from playing the game when they see you can buy good items etc.
This would be a long ways off. The expansion is going to be free-to-play, and would have to bomb pretty hard through 2019 for me to consider it.

Ozymandias
If we ever made TIB a paid game, it would be more like $4.99 app store and $19.99 on Steam.
You'd still have all the same challenges and goals, but the items, experience, ships, and corporations would be earned through effort only. It keeps a lot of people from playing the game when they see you can buy good items etc.
This would be a long ways off. The expansion is going to be free-to-play, and would have to bomb pretty hard through 2019 for me to consider it.

Fair enough. Thank you for the response ozy.

@ozymandis
I get it that you want to generate upfront revenue ozy I really do.
But the thing is with microtransactions and cellphone games and some PC games. They are the lifeblood that keeps the game funded over time.
Say we have about 300 active and I mean actually active players in game.
300 x whatever you post the game for sale at.
Great that's upfront money and cool and all that but when that money is gone? Going right back to square one trying to figure ok out places to make money.
Not you or myself or anyone else wants to see the game go under due to financial's you know..
Instead offer some sort of non game breaking premium service perhaps or dont do away entirely with a premium currency.
You can still have it as you like with the whole augmenting with credits. But find a new reason or something for a premium currency that wont be game breaking. Giving those the option to continue support
Maybe something like a monthly supply of super charge, mindsurge, accell, tactics with x amount of personal repairs on gear sort of thing.
Need to be concerned about constant residual income to keep the lights on.and staff paid with medical n all that stuff..