To Ozy in regards to the current event plz read

I think there needs to be a good middle-ground. Maybe when doing this event, make the XP boost for ALL invasions.

Maybe it's not a solution that everyone would love, but I think it works. The pvp and risk aspect would stay true for high level players because of the superior rewards rifty provides, while still giving newer players a nice boost. There are other options too, such as giving higher drop rates for black space in addition to a slightly nerfed rifty boost, or having terraforming bonuses (to help younger corps). I understand that this event has made rifty and pew a lot of fun, but all players need to be accounted for. Too many young accounts are alienated by these kinds of events.
Also, thanks TheMightyL, nice to hear that a stronger player understands how it is.

Thanks for the feedback. Will see what tweaks we can make.

ryry20

I think there needs to be a good middle-ground. Maybe when doing this event, make the XP boost for ALL invasions.

Maybe it's not a solution that everyone would love, but I think it works. The pvp and risk aspect would stay true for high level players because of the superior rewards rifty provides, while still giving newer players a nice boost. There are other options too, such as giving higher drop rates for black space in addition to a slightly nerfed rifty boost, or having terraforming bonuses (to help younger corps). I understand that this event has made rifty and pew a lot of fun, but all players need to be accounted for. Too many young accounts are alienated by these kinds of events.
Also, thanks TheMightyL, nice to hear that a stronger player understands how it is.

Xp boost in all invasions won't help you as much as you'd like. It tends to end up with massive amounts of "high end" players swarming the black invasions for profit. Then the hunts in those invasions pretty much keep any little guys down.
Then for the same reason as stealth required or you're shown in rifty you'll need that for black invasions even more. That or you end up with the people logging in their 20 ship fleets to do them.
Pretty well any event that we've had in the past ends up exploited by the "high end" guys and the little guys complain.
The current state of tib is pretty slowed down. Pew is few and far between, GB is pretty well a garbage fest that requires star ports for any amount of success. Never mind the high end guys or the little guys.
Just throw some damn server side surprised changes in that shake things up. Just for a week event even. Boost the hell out of some things(guns/hulls/specials), make certain areas of map 1 sec movement.
Let people use black dollars to buy alliance wide stealth for 24hrs (or even just make hyper drive act as stealth when its on). Then people could use neutron drives and run fleets without needing a carrier driver.

Ok well why not open the xp boosts to not just rift.. regular invasions as well.. you can get by with a 5k uncommon hull in an invasion that you find off a regular noc or on the ahs for 5k credits... but of course having the same xp difference between rift and black space...