Advanced specials rebalance

Ozy.

You seem well at work with tibx. In the mean time can we get some rebalance of a few specials that go unused. Here are some suggestions to toy around with:

Advanced shields: This might be a very useful special in busts if it protected from novas of similar ranks. So a rare shield would protect from a rare nova. A new arms race for better novas and shields would likely emerge.

Advanced propulsion: i have two suggestions for this special. One is to lower the speed cap of a ship with this equipped by .05 seconds per rarity. At rank ultimate a ship could naturally achieve 1.7 speed. Comboed with neutron drive a ship could be 2.0. On the otger hand perhaps it would benefot if it could avoid ram and strike stun. An interesting counter to those mechanics

Advanced construct: This really just needs more xp gain. Give players a way to get a lot more xp at the expense of a damage special. My thoughts here were 7% xp per rank. Also more options to get a lot of xp besides just roided. Although roiding would still be king.

Perhaps tibx sees some rebalance of these items and tgese suggestions are useless. Anyway. Hope you will consider.

Those are really good ideas^. I bet it would be quick to implement as well.

Yeah pretty decent ideas.
Maybe have construct give an extra Xp bonus in invasions.
Have shields give more stun/grap resist and up thorium armor as well. Then you could have decent stun resist builds.
Could help contribute to making gb less stupid by tackling the fundamental problems. That is... Defense dmg is greater then most busters can overcome without tank. As well as without deflector you get beam failed.
Could even just give shields a chance to deflect Nova blasts back at side that set them off. Base it on rarity.
So some smart ass wants to spam Novas in fleet they're gonna have to worry about it hitting an adv shield and bouncing it back at their whole stack.
Like nova goes off does 15% dmg depending on rarity of shields it can bounce back 15% to 90% depending on rarity.

It would introduce some life back into the game. The shield specifically would add some dynamics to busting if they offered some nova protection.

Xariol
Yeah pretty decent ideas.
Maybe have construct give an extra Xp bonus in invasions.
Have shields give more stun/grap resist and up thorium armor as well. Then you could have decent stun resist builds.
Could help contribute to making gb less stupid by tackling the fundamental problems. That is... Defense dmg is greater then most busters can overcome without tank. As well as without deflector you get beam failed.
Could even just give shields a chance to deflect Nova blasts back at side that set them off. Base it on rarity.
So some smart ass wants to spam Novas in fleet they're gonna have to worry about it hitting an adv shield and bouncing it back at their whole stack.
Like nova goes off does 15% dmg depending on rarity of shields it can bounce back 15% to 90% depending on rarity.

I like the rarity thing. Could work similar to the interaction between scout and stealth.
Something needs to change in relation to garrison busting and novas is the key element. The fact that an A class bust team can barely kill an xi Garrison with our losing almost all ships says something about the balance of the special. Full busts now only happen 90% of the time when nobody is on and this is good for nobody.
I don't think directly nerfing nova is the answer. The ideas presented by club and others are grea. I hope they're considered.

Nuclearblitz

I like the rarity thing. Could work similar to the interaction between scout and stealth.
Something needs to change in relation to garrison busting and novas is the key element. The fact that an A class bust team can barely kill an xi Garrison with our losing almost all ships says something about the balance of the special. Full busts now only happen 90% of the time when nobody is on and this is good for nobody.
I don't think directly nerfing nova is the answer. The ideas presented by club and others are grea. I hope they're considered.

I disagree. I find the balance of the garrison engagements good overall. If you dont like novas there is a build for you to not get novad. All I am looking to do is add more use to our existing specials.

Cluub

Then you sir are clueless about garrison engagements.

0.0 them fighting words...

Sad we have to talk like that. XX garrisons are supposed to be hard to take down with active defenders.
Im sorry dyna is unable to figure out how to get through an XX garry. We arent having too much trouble over here at TheHive.

I thoroughly enjoy these ideas.