Old players

I've been keeping up with the forums in anticipation for TIB-X. Just wanted to let you know there's players who don't currently play that are still looking forward to it, Ozy. Hope everything is well.

From what I've been reading, garrison defense is overpowered again because of 1hp novas? What's so different now? I haven't logged in or been in a bust for a long time, so if any active players could update me I'd appreciate it.

UnseenReign
From what I've been reading, garrison defense is overpowered again because of 1hp novas? What's so different now? I haven't logged in or been in a bust for a long time, so if any active players could update me I'd appreciate it.

Unless there's a sp on the garrison, or the entire alliance is asleep, XX garrisons are impossible to roll right now.
A volley of 5 back-to-back novas can kill any bust fleet with 4-5 non nova ships. If the bust fleet is anni nova heavy, they are susceptible to beams. If bust fleet uses a normal 8k-9k carr nova, they get popped by bfgs and 10k-12k hull carr nova, the damage requirement is so absurdly high that you need to be lvl 270/280+ and depending on the ram fleet composition, still fail. There is just no winning.

Steelix

Unless there's a sp on the garrison, or the entire alliance is asleep, XX garrisons are impossible to roll right now.
A volley of 5 back-to-back novas can kill any bust fleet with 4-5 non nova ships. If the bust fleet is anni nova heavy, they are susceptible to beams. If bust fleet uses a normal 8k-9k carr nova, they get popped by bfgs and 10k-12k hull carr nova, the damage requirement is so absurdly high that you need to be lvl 270/280+ and depending on the ram fleet composition, still fail. There is just no winning.

Holy shit someone else that gets it.
Defense has been overpowered for a long time. Only reason some busting still goes on are enough people have said "screw it" to tib that levels and experience have to recoup.
I don't know about anyone else but I like tib. Would be great to see current version of it get some fixes. Maybe they work, maybe they fail.
Put some of the easier ideas ad from tibx into current tib to test. Anything would be good.
Still a big fan of level capping bust /defense.
Remove the extra plats and disable strikes and nerf Novas on gb.
Lvl 100 busters and 150 defenders would be fun. Would eliminate tanks just because they wouldn't do enough dps. Make calling shots a thing.
Maybe it works maybe it sucks. Who gives a shit at this point, it would be fun.

I love tib too. Can't remember the last time a cluster got rolled. It became a stalemate.

Old player here. Gave away several level 100+ accounts over the years. I still check the forums for new content that might come out. So far seems like the same old grind. Kind of miss it, but I'm not willing to start over for no new content.
I hope ozy puts out a refresh soon. I got way more gray hairs now than when I started playing lolz

Steelix

In these scenarios we're talking full ultimate busters failing? If so, that's a major flaw and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Not being able to roll a rank XX garrison isn't fun, especially when there's way more of that rank nowadays. Why was the suggestion section of the forums taken away? Even with TIB-X coming, there's still problems in the current game. I'm sure Ozy has things rebalanced for the next TIB, but problems in this one are discouraging PvP, from what I hear.

I don’t appreciate being called old.

It can be done, people just are not doing it...

Current state of tib sucks. Ozy could make it better but chances are low. Im down for change if it makes things fun but comes down to something happening.

Waiting for tibx...... good luck.......its a myth and all kickstarter backers got scammed