GB FiX - The dead horse

Ok. Back to the idea i been refining for months.

#1. Make novas on GB only do damage if they're gear score is really high. I'm talking putting out 150+ cp a kill. go ahead and defend with ulti geared novas.

2. Make the intradictor randomly fire off a hook with its stun. This hook knocks the special of the ship being shot down to common(or disable it). Heck have it do 2 ships at once.

Now, if the busters have a tech they can remove the hook icon but it doesn't disable the effect only time does that.

Or

The defenders could fire off random hooks to confuse the busters.

Would add a whole new level of effort to GB. If it disabled then you could stun a deflector or pop a tank ship or any number of things.

Defense would be a fun challenge again.

and hey, if some dingus wants to keep spamming novas. at least the busters get a bunch of CP for their time and dura

I'll admit it doesn't really address that defenders are still overpowered.
Might have to remove the extra plats from XX garrisons.
Strikes are already limited so shouldn't need to use them. Will just require extra effort on busters part to get in.
Could even add a skull perk that blankets your busters with a hook icon on initial trigger of a garrison to help mask the intra. That way defenders would have to read the chat log to see who is actually intra stunned :)

Generally speaking, as long as it's defended by roughly equally geared team, defence sould win imo. But a single player w alts throwing in novas shouldn't be able to stop a full bust team. My thoughts are try dropping nova damage on garri engagements by 50%, and maybe that it only effects current hull (not max hull).

Eros
Generally speaking, as long as it's defended by roughly equally geared team, defence sould win imo. But a single player w alts throwing in novas shouldn't be able to stop a full bust team. My thoughts are try dropping nova damage on garri engagements by 50%, and maybe that it only effects current hull (not max hull).

True defense is still overpowered. This would at least allow a decent chance to bust and require little changes. Given that game population is down it could help.
Maybe make the adv specials be unaffected and maybe even boosted on bust could help.
Adv muni and elec get a small dmg boost for busters.
Adv construct, shields and propulsion get their stats increased on bust by quite a bit.
Heck even boost tech special by a bunch for busters.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm sure that the problem stems from there not being enough defensive options for ships. We got gambit hulls and crit dmg, but never got other options for adding more hull, besides the adv cons. Evade isn't strong enough for what attackers are facing, and even maxing your hull hardly gives you a chance to survive a volley.

Now imagine adv construct or prop or shields with 2x stats. That might do it

might be a bit much on adv shields. maybe a percentage increase.
ulti shields
+2 eq points
+350 hull
+7 evasion
-10.5% dmg reduction
17.5 stun/grap/crit/splash
even just double those resists. make hull bigger. just on Gb. would make it a useful special and could be done server side.
ulti construct with
+4 eq points
+21 res cap
+1001 hull
+7% xp gain
knock the +hull up to 4 or 5k on gb (have all bust ships heal to full and bonuses kick in on initiating hit)
could also make adv propulsion a real option
+2 eq
-1s move
+7 evasion
+50.4 stun and grap resist
have stun resist and grap resist (could also be intra special nerf resist with grap resist) go up
so people could try and build for grap/stun resist and have it be effective. let you hit close to 100 stun resist without losing all your damage.

The issues will continue no matter how we change it...just scrape the dam failed mechanic. The original system worked. Now its just garbage.

Doberman
The issues will continue no matter how we change it...just scrape the dam failed mechanic. The original system worked. Now its just garbage.

Best suggestion all month.

TheMightyL

Best suggestion all month.

That's what i thought, elite ranks was a mistake, strikes were a blunder.