:strike L

I said this long before and I know people still primarily use this as a an easy method to win vs a bigger or better fleet. Right now the easiest way to hunt is have a few beams in stack, stun 4-5 ships for 12-14 secs, drop a strike, then fire bfgs. This is just so broken. It has gotten to the point where your rank in corp matters more than your skills. If you have a stack of 10 really well geared and skilled people but are officers, there is no way they can beat just 1-2 guys running at them with a stack of 10 and launching a stun-strike-bfg combo.
Strikes were first made as another means to defend cluster, back then, everyone agreed it was so overpowered that you never had to leave your rifty to defend, drop 5 strikes and any bust fleet would die. So, strikes were nerfed on GB but.. they retain their godlike powers on random skirmishes. Safe-sectors where you can't drag ships out of were a godsend in a inv. Could save your stack by ej/cj and healing the bfg volleys. Now if you ever try to ej on a hunt fleet, you are just dead to strikes.
There was once a time when you shoot beams on flayer techs or their beams, then, juke the rescue till the ship dies. Landing a perfect SS on the driver then, ''collect'' scattered ships to one sector that try to run after driver is popped was difficult but super fun. Killing 4/7 ships in one stack was just so satisfying, Constantly switching status effect (hook/beam) ships' targets was a must. People actually fought outnumbered coz they trusted their rescue skills enough that worst case scenario, they lose 1 ship. Now, every one just runs even when they are evenly matched.. coz strikes are coming. Dropping a strike when you're about to lose, as soon as you engage to keep enemy on defensive or after a stun just takes the fun out of it.
Ozy, I remember you saying you don't get why people were complaining about a new feature in the game. Well, this feature is just way to overpowered. Right now, the only counter to strikes is if they drop 1, you drop 2. I'd say just remove it, but... everyone is too used to abusing this and won't agree. Can we please at least nerf it?
If even that's not gonna happen.. at least color-code the damned thing. Red icons is enemy, blue/green icons is friendly. That's not difficult to do at all.

I agree here. Strikes suck and are one of the few game mechanics that turns content into a leisurely walk in the park. Problem is, that it's become such a widely used command that the only solutions I can think of is either apply the nerf it has in garrison engagements to everywhere, or just eliminate the :strike L command entirely. At least make people type out the coordinates instead copy-paste spamming them.

Compared to Novas strikes are nothing. Xx garri only has 5.
Unless gb gets fixed strike l is just fine.
It let's small guys getting jumped by some dick heads have a chance to get away.
Plus you're one of those mostly carrier guys. So just deal with it man. You just want easier targets.
This is the same as when people would qq about how they can't get people that logout to avoid death.
Don't want to get stunned and killed, move away from the strikes or wear a deflector so you don't get stunned.

Xariol
Compared to Novas strikes are nothing. Xx garri only has 5.
Unless gb gets fixed strike l is just fine.

I'm not talking about novas coz sane people don't carry 5 nova alts with them while farming or hunting. Pleeeeasssee don't make this post about GB, GB is so broken I have no clue how to even begin to fix it. And till it's fixed, I don't really care about it anymore. As far as I'm concerned, once you deploy a XX garry, it's rooted on the map and stays there for the end of eternity. Strikes are the bane of random PvP atm. And 5 per corp is plenty to ruin pvp for an entire day.

Xariol

It let's small guys getting jumped by some dick heads have a chance to get away.
Plus you're one of those mostly carrier guys. So just deal with it man. You just want easier targets.
This is the same as when people would qq about how they can't get people that logout to avoid death.

What are you talking about? Your entire argument makes no sense...
First of all, ''small guys'' can't use strikes. Also, it's the other way around. The dickheads use strikes to kill small guys. And I'm speaking in a general sense. I'm not just talking about me getting striked. If someone strikes me, I can strike back. They made me superofficer.. for some reason.. anyways.. The strike war that ensues is the problem. Win or lose that strike match, it's not fun for either side. That's my point.
What are you talking about me wanting easier targets? Removing strikes will make it harder for me and everyone else. Instead of passively typing :strike L and merrily going back to our cluster talking about who killed what and how much cp we got, I actually have to fight to get kills. Same goes for everyone else. Everyone has to earn the CP.

Xariol

Don't want to get stunned and killed, move away from the strikes or wear a deflector so you don't get stunned.

I want strikes gone to improve hunts or 20v20s.. I don't think running away counts as PvP...
You know when you randomly run into a similar sized stack and you just brace yourself.. Those 2.5 seconds just before one of you jump out, you frantically fire your status eff ships and check each other's gears. Or... as a rescue.. when a big stack jumps you, the stack manages to get safe but 1-2 ships are left stunned/rammed behind and you have to rescue against a hook/ram heavy hunt stack?
In both these scenarios.. right when the adrenaline kicks in.. someone always drops a strike. TiB is a PvP game. Do you really not see this as a problem?

Alone
The only solutions I can think of is either apply the nerf it has in garrison engagements to everywhere, or just eliminate the :strike L command entirely. At least make people type out the coordinates instead copy-paste spamming them.

I'd love to see it removed. Nerf is fine too, but making ppl type the cords..ehh.. sure it'll be awkward at first, but you'll get used to it, so it's not really a solution.

Steelix

I'd love to see it removed. Nerf is fine too, but making ppl type the cords..ehh.. sure it'll be awkward at first, but you'll get used to it, so it's not really a solution.

Ya, the :strike L suggestion was more or less a half concocted idea that came about at 1AM. I'd much rather see them removed or nerfed as well to promote more fights in pvp situations, instead of the now normal, "Oh shit, they dropped a strike. Drop one to counter and gtfo." Would bring pvp back down to be determined by the individuals in each stack's actual skill instead of who can type the strike command fastest.

Removing strikes won't fix PvP. PvP ends in about 2 seconds with or without strikes.
Removing them wont help the little guys either.
Not having access to strikes because you're a "little guy" is no excuse. Your Corp should be able to help you. I frequently will drop a strikes to help a small stack of little guys in my Corp that are getting jumped. It gives time for a rescue to get there.
The game is so far out of whack right now strikes are the least of anyone's worries.
If you weren't flying around with a big hunt stack of carriers most of the time sniping farmers I might take your "oh poor PvP" stance a bit more seriously.

I'm against usage of strikes outside of defense purposes for which it was brought in to balance in the first place.
It feels great to rack in good cp with them, but there's no skill involved as said in op.... I mean its was addictive when killing entire rifty stacks with 2-3 skip ram bfgs, a cpl weeks ago even a hc died to strikes alone, which is not fair imo.... So there's not much skill involved in this.
Either restrict them to garrisons alone orrr just remove them.

Kiljaeden
I'm against usage of strikes outside of defense purposes for which it was brought in to balance in the first place.
It feels great to rack in good cp with them, but there's no skill involved as said in op.... I mean its was addictive when killing entire rifty stacks with 2-3 skip ram bfgs, a cpl weeks ago even a hc died to strikes alone, which is not fair imo.... So there's not much skill involved in this.
Either restrict them to garrisons alone orrr just remove them.

Until 1 hp Novas are fixed shut up about needing them for defense.
Second most hunt stacks insta pop driver and kill entire stack with or without strikes.

Xariol
Removing strikes won't fix PvP. PvP ends in about 2 seconds with or without strikes.
Removing them wont help the little guys either.
Not having access to strikes because you're a "little guy" is no excuse. Your Corp should be able to help you. I frequently will drop a strikes to help a small stack of little guys in my Corp that are getting jumped. It gives time for a rescue to get there

You forget, Xariol, that not all have the luxury of strikes. Gotta be deployed for that...and have a XII + garrison. You assume all do.
For once, I agree with Bash (aka Steelix, for those who don't know). The art of real battle has been lost in this game due to strikes. Used to take some skill to kill a stack. Now it's whoever has the most strikes.

Grizellus

You forget, Xariol, that not all have the luxury of strikes. Gotta be deployed for that...and have a XII + garrison. You assume all do.
For once, I agree with Bash (aka Steelix, for those who don't know). The art of real battle has been lost in this game due to strikes. Used to take some skill to kill a stack. Now it's whoever has the most strikes.

Nothing stopping you from deploying. Work on your politics.
They don't want it gone to help the "little guy" they want it gone so that when they jump the "little guy" they don't get their assess handed to them.