:strike L

I wouldnt mind removing strikes or reducing their impact. You dont really need them and it just makes the game unfun. I mean sure it helps out the smaller guys but there are no small guys. Strikes are just as annoying as novas. Both of those need to be removed imo or changed.

I used to hc bait in grey and did a strike-bfg combo with just 1 ship killing cp worthy players on occasions before i went awol.
We should all atleast agree here that thats dumb for 1 ship to be able to do that with 1 strike lol

If strikes were originally made to help defend garrisons, why not make it to where you can only throw strikes on allied garrisons?

Xariol

Plus you're one of those mostly carrier guys. So just deal with it man. You just want easier targets.

Xariol
If you weren't flying around with a big hunt stack of carriers most of the time sniping farmers I might take your "oh poor PvP" stance a bit more seriously.

Xariol

Nothing stopping you from deploying. Work on your politics.
They don't want it gone to help the "little guy" they want it gone so that when they jump the "little guy" they don't get their assess handed to them.

Why is everything so personal with you? Look at it from a broader perspective. You can't seriously tell me you don't see strikes as a problem. All your argument is based on 'you're wrong because you suck and I don't like you' or just entirely incorrect.

Steelix

Why is everything so personal with you? Look at it from a broader perspective. You can't seriously tell me you don't see strikes as a problem. All your argument is based on 'you're wrong because you suck and I don't like you' or just entirely incorrect.

Nah you don't suck.
My perspective is this. The game population is down. We can all agree on that.
I've recently got a whole bunch of people who like to mostly farm back into playing. Their biggest issue was that they couldn't do an invasion or farm without getting killed. Strikes allow you to avoid being wiped out every time you go out to farm.
As the population declines further you'll need them more. Plus you can just move to avoid them. If you're stunned. well damn you lost some stunned ships. unless they know how to bd heal.

IQUEI
If strikes were originally made to help defend garrisons, why not make it to where you can only throw strikes on allied garrisons?

That would just make defense OP again.
Which would rehash literally every damn argument over these topics the last 3 years. Tib needs the zenith of it's evolution, in Tibx. Not steps backwards.

Alone

Which would rehash literally every damn argument over these topics the last 3 years. Tib needs the zenith of it's evolution, in Tibx. Not steps backwards.

if thats the case then lets stop discussing on ways the game needs to be fixed and wait another 2 years or a decade for tibx to be released.
Every little tweak then all hell breaks loose.
Here, lets now be realistic, is Ozy even going to make the changes we are speaking of to the current game? I personally doubt it.

Xariol

I've recently got a whole bunch of people who like to mostly farm back into playing. Their biggest issue was that they couldn't do an invasion or farm without getting killed. Strikes allow you to avoid being wiped out every time you go out to farm.
As the population declines further you'll need them more. Plus you can just move to avoid them. If you're stunned. well damn you lost some stunned ships. unless they know how to bd heal.

That makes no sense... You're telling me that you'll avoid death against a hunt stack with beams/hooks/bfgs and 2-3 techs just coz you strike? No.. what actually happens is the hunt crew drops a strike. If you try to save the stunned ship, tech dies. If he manages to drag the driver once and strikes, everything dies. You find a dead end and try to ej? Death. You play the cut-your-losses tactic and leave stunned ships and run, he's gonna follow the driver till he stuns/ rams half the fleet, slowly drag them to 1 sector and then strike.What are you gonna do with your strike? Dps them to death? They can easily tank 1-2 strikes.
On the other hand, if there was no strike, the newbies could slowly learn about safe sectors, learn to self rescue, bd heal when needed and survive. If they do everything right, and don't get top asap'd 1 ship might die to first drag coz they're not prepared. And that's it.

Alone

Busters best move eight now is watch a team of defenders too accustomed to nova def fail hard. Lol

Steelix

That makes no sense... You're telling me that you'll avoid death against a hunt stack with beams/hooks/bfgs and 2-3 techs just coz you strike? No.. what actually happens is the hunt crew drops a strike. If you try to save the stunned ship, tech dies. If he manages to drag the driver once and strikes, everything dies. You find a dead end and try to ej? Death. You play the cut-your-losses tactic and leave stunned ships and run, he's gonna follow the driver till he stuns/ rams half the fleet, slowly drag them to 1 sector and then strike.What are you gonna do with your strike? Dps them to death? They can easily tank 1-2 strikes.

This isn't a hypothetical to me. Corp actually has a rifty survival plan in place. It works. Hell it'll keep 5 ships alive vs 17. Might even get kills.
Rifty stacks tend to be beam heavy.
Hunt stacks tend to have more ships to try and save from a counterstrike.
Hint: don't drive with a tech.