:strike L

Xariol

This isn't a hypothetical to me. Corp actually has a rifty survival plan in place. It works. Hell it'll keep 5 ships alive vs 17. Might even get kills.
Rifty stacks tend to be beam heavy.
Hunt stacks tend to have more ships to try and save from a counterstrike.
Hint: don't drive with a tech.

Hmmm...rifty survival plan..? i dont think that works as you say.. I've been witness to have seen two three super+ carrier skip Ram bfg's with :strike L, wipeout entire rifty teams with continuous strikes in what we used to call a strike dump. Your beams hooks nothing will help there.. driver can wear watever specs he wants, doesn't save the ships. Rifty stack can strike how much ever they want in defense, wont even scratch the attacker.
Just trying to say how the command is OP not the actual strike.

Kiljaeden

Hmmm...rifty survival plan..? i dont think that works as you say.. I've been witness to have seen two three super+ carrier skip Ram bfg's with :strike L, wipeout entire rifty teams with continuous strikes in what we used to call a strike dump. Your beams hooks nothing will help there.. driver can wear watever specs he wants, doesn't save the ships. Rifty stack can strike how much ever they want in defense, wont even scratch the attacker.
Just trying to say how the command is OP not the actual strike.

Again. Straight up had this happen to rifty team I was driving. At the end of it the attackers lost 11-0. Just need to be aware of your invasion and keep yer guys notified of procedure. Need to also not run too many of your own ships. So bring friends to rifty. :)

IQUEI
if thats the case then lets stop discussing on ways the game needs to be fixed and wait another 2 years or a decade for tibx to be released.
Every little tweak then all hell breaks loose.
Here, lets now be realistic, is Ozy even going to make the changes we are speaking of to the current game? I personally doubt it.

Good, you should doubt it. Ozy has had all game mechanic info for the longest. He knew years in advance that eventually high leveled carrier tanks would be the beginning of the actual endgame in this sandbox mmo. Every single mechanic and piece of gear with the exception of non garrison engagement strikes has a hard counter.
I don't want Ozy to fix the current game, because there is really nothing to fix. There are strategies that are yet to be adopted just waiting for the day when enough people figure them out.
If/When TibX comes there will be new things to learn and tinker with. Until then enjoy Tib for what it is right now, or don't. Free will is wonderful.

It’s funny how we would defend any game mechanic that we think it benefits us personally. At least drop the ‘it benefits the little guy’ line.

Coming from someone who has always used the dirty strikestunning strat, I agree its overpowered and needs nerfed. With that being said, as long as it is in the game I'm going to do it because if I don't others will still use it and thus put me as an unfair disadvantage.
With that being said, I tend to only use it to hunt hcs or people who are trying to jack my invys

Xariol

Again. Straight up had this happen to rifty team I was driving. At the end of it the attackers lost 11-0. Just need to be aware of your invasion and keep yer guys notified of procedure. Need to also not run too many of your own ships. So bring friends to rifty. :)

How are you still not getting it.. If you killed the attackers by fighting them, that would be something else. You typing :strike L 5 times and saying, "Bois we killed 11, they suck". That's just not pvp. How is that fun to anyone?
What I wanted to see was strikes barely doing dmg and stunning for 6 secs elsewhere. And inside the scanner range, it can do the same damage as it does on GBs currently. Gives a new threat going to enemy yard. And you get a little advantage if you manage to hit someone with strike instead of completely wiping the opponent like it does now.

Steelix

How are you still not getting it.. If you killed the attackers by fighting them, that would be something else. You typing :strike L 5 times and saying, "Bois we killed 11, they suck". That's just not pvp. How is that fun to anyone?
What I wanted to see was strikes barely doing dmg and stunning for 6 secs elsewhere. And inside the scanner range, it can do the same damage as it does on GBs currently. Gives a new threat going to enemy yard. And you get a little advantage if you manage to hit someone with strike instead of completely wiping the opponent like it does now.

No you don't get it. Was a hunt stack geared to kill. Came at a much smaller stack that was prepared. End result was their dumb asses getting killed.
If it wasn't for strikes it would have been. Farmer stack gets wiped out. The end. Farmers try again. Get wiped out. They quit. Dipshit hunters qq nobody left to play with.

Gee, how unfair farmers have a chance to defend themselves. Don’t they know thier role as cannon fodder!

They easy counter to strikes is don't be in the strike zone. Also, the amount of them you can use is limited. Adapt and work around them. You're looking to make it easier for yourself to drive around and kill targets. With some of the ships around today geared with pimped out gear and high levels its super easy to smoke a whole stack off. Couple splash beams and splash hooks and you're set.
Just learn to deal with them. Sure they can ruin pvp, but so can novas. Either agree to not use them at the start or get used to it.
Have i been wiped by them? Yep. Have i wiped people with them, yep. All i'm saying is strikes are the least of the problems tib currently has.

You just made my point clear. Some dumb weak farmers killing a hunt stack that is geared to kill just coz they passively type strikes.
And farmers don't get wiped out without strikes. If your "rifty survival plan" taught newbies how to rescue and run to dead ends or change targets on stuns or hell, manage to drag the driver once, no one dies.
You're trying oh so hard to make it seem like strikes are made for the good guys to fend off the big bad wolfs. My entire point was strikes are so OP that 1 strike pretty much ends the fight. Offensive or defensive. They damage too much.