:strike L

Steelix
You just made my point clear. Some dumb weak farmers killing a hunt stack that is geared to kill just coz they passively type strikes.
And farmers don't get wiped out without strikes. If your "rifty survival plan" taught newbies how to rescue and run to dead ends or change targets on stuns or hell, manage to drag the driver once, no one dies.
You're trying oh so hard to make it seem like strikes are made for the good guys to fend off the big bad wolfs. My entire point was strikes are so OP that 1 strike pretty much ends the fight. Offensive or defensive. They damage too much.

You can't just drop strikes and destroy a hunt stack. It requires skill.
I just watched 3 boxers run 20 ships (that you are part of) harass a group of people all morning.
Running to a dead end to jump doesn't cut it anymore. Even without strikes, people can't afford to jump ships like they're going out of style. Nor can they compete against a stack of 20ships that can pop 7k hull with 2 or 3 ships.
You're trying really hard to make it so you can terrorize a dying population game.
I totally see how unfair it is to you and the bankai clones

I got no interest in this convo, but i think you havent seen 2-3 ships wipeout rifty teams... I wont put out the names of who drove those rifty teams out of respect, coz they did the best they could, all im saying is that the command is powerful.
Its happened 2-3 times over, whether you agree or not.

Kiljaeden
I got no interest in this convo, but i think you havent seen 2-3 ships wipeout rifty teams... I wont put out the names of who drove those rifty teams out of respect, coz they did the best they could, all im saying is that the command is powerful.

Sure, I haven't seen 2-3 ships do it, but I've seen 2-3 individuals do it.

Anywho, removing strikes entirely just allows the players who want to play risk free; do just that.
You want to stay in the comfort of fleets, so be it; but the risk should always be those who wear rams and strike who are willing to meet you.

Xariol

You can't just drop strikes and destroy a hunt stack. It requires skill.
I just watched 3 boxers run 20 ships (that you are part of) harass a group of people all morning.
Running to a dead end to jump doesn't cut it anymore. Even without strikes, people can't afford to jump ships like they're going out of style. Nor can they compete against a stack of 20ships that can pop 7k hull with 2 or 3 ships.
You're trying really hard to make it so you can terrorize a dying population game.
I totally see how unfair it is to you and the bankai clones

Strikes make it 690% easier for me and the other ''bankai clones''. And now you say how much skill typing :strike L takes.. smh. I mean, have you seen a strike dump hunt? 2-3 ships. Not boxers. *2-3 Ships* putting on skip ram and killing a rifty stack with just ram+strikes just before nano? That's how overpowered strikes are.
Running to a dead end means all you gotta do is tech 1 volley. Max a hunt stack can pop is 2 or 3 ships. If they strike tho.. everything's popped. And the argument was actively fighting so it's fair to everyone. Stop with the BS argument about how you're saving noobs with a strike and it totally makes the game population go up. On the other hand, hunters can strike and wipe a stack easy.
What you or I do, and how hard you're trying to make it seem like strikes are the savior of tib doesn't matter when you consider the entire game. The fact that 1 strike can totally wipe a fleet of 20 farmers with little to no effort shows how powerful strikes are and how much it requires nerf.
If you wanna resort to personal attacks... I could totally argue that you're trying really hard to make it so your matter inverter x and 11k hull with no damage output whatsoever is still viable. ''Strikes aren't overpowered coz I help noobs with my 'rifty survival plan' and they form a hunt stack, so their point is totally worthless.'' Bwahahahhaha.
I can now see why people told me there's no point in talking to you and if something helps you, you'll make up any half-assed argument to try to win.
The point isn't who uses a strike. The point is how 1 strike can easily kill a stack. *Any* stack. A farm stack, a hunt stack, a stack of people carrying your book of Rifty Survival 101. Everything dies.
With that said and how no dev responded either ways, I am done.

Kiljaeden

Not saying it doesn't happen. Just saying that it isn't unavoidable.
I've seen a 20 invy stack get wiped out without strikes and with. If 2 or 3 ships wipe out a rifty team. That rifty team deserved to be wiped out. There is no call for that.

Steelix

Strikes make it 690% easier for me and the other ''bankai clones''. And now you say how much skill typing :strike L takes.. smh. I mean, have you seen a strike dump hunt? 2-3 ships. Not boxers. *2-3 Ships* putting on skip ram and killing a rifty stack with just ram+strikes just before nano? That's how overpowered strikes are.
Running to a dead end means all you gotta do is tech 1 volley. Max a hunt stack can pop is 2 or 3 ships. If they strike tho.. everything's popped. And the argument was actively fighting so it's fair to everyone. Stop with the BS argument about how you're saving noobs with a strike and it totally makes the game population go up. On the other hand, hunters can strike and wipe a stack easy.
What you or I do, and how hard you're trying to make it seem like strikes are the savior of tib doesn't matter when you consider the entire game. The fact that 1 strike can totally wipe a fleet of 20 farmers with little to no effort shows how powerful strikes are and how much it requires nerf.
If you wanna resort to personal attacks... I could totally argue that you're trying really hard to make it so your matter inverter x and 11k hull with no damage output whatsoever is still viable. ''Strikes aren't overpowered coz I help noobs with my 'rifty survival plan' and they form a hunt stack, so their point is totally worthless.'' Bwahahahhaha.
I can now see why people told me there's no point in talking to you and if something helps you, you'll make up any half-assed argument to try to win.
The point isn't who uses a strike. The point is how 1 strike can easily kill a stack. *Any* stack. A farm stack, a hunt stack, a stack of people carrying your book of Rifty Survival 101. Everything dies.
With that said and how no dev responded either ways, I am done.

First off. I don' t have an 11k hull matter inverter x setup. I do have a 7.5k or so 2.0 matter inverter set. Still crits for around 1500.
That's part of the 2.0 setup i made up so i can go out and help guys getting jumped by the poor hard done by hunt stacks of 20 ships run by 2 or 3 boxers. The ones who can't properly defend against strikes.
I'm not making up any of these stories. You guys don't like strikes because it stops your boxer stacks from having free reign over the game. You can hit and run all day long without them. For the most part by the time anyone gets a stack together to fight back you're parked in grey.
Strikes add a bit more of a challenge to a game. Adapt to them or die.

Nah strikes make it alot easier xariol, all you need to do is have it pretyped on an alt hit enter then its done. That ain't skill in any form.

I don't like strikes, never have. me personally, i want it removed entirely.
1. strikes are OP?
One center'd strike drops hull down to 900 ish hull and 2.7k ish REGARDLESS of hull amount. bigger the hull more penalized by strike, unlike novas
once one strike hits, u can pretty much 1 shot people. Don't get me started when 2+ strikes hit.
I used to drop 5 strikes asap when i top asap someone near hc... as a joke, usually i would kill everyone easy
2. Countering strikes?
Only way to counter strikes is apperently to avoid the strikes zone..
Novas can be countered by not shooting the nova (takes skill), wearing a nova, killing the nova by ram leaving,
also novas don't hit as hard as strikes do, so usually the fleets can "tank" the novas a fair bit before it just ruins pvp
i'm not trying to promote novas or anything, i just see the argument that strikes and novas are alike, which they are not.
Sure novas can ruin pvp, but iv seen strikes ruin pvp far more
3. strikes help pvp?
There's been numerous times when iv seen driver's don't pvp because of strikes and novas, i myself have been one of them especially when outnumbered.
There's been times i was doing pvp/fvf and i was driving good the whole time, but lost, because strikes just kept being thrown. couldn't of driven any better, and prob would have won, yet i dismissed fleet because i litterally couldnt jump in and fight the enemy stack because it was one strike after another. Yes i could of called in some strikes, but its not the pvp i like, and prob many people too.
4. strikes help the small guys?
LOL
iv only see vets use them in self defence,
5. strikes take skill?
Sure, Stun, Strike, Shothold... the 3 S's,
Back in the day, there were new carrier drivers, trying to learn how to drive, timing jumps, calls for asaps. bfgs trying to sync shot for a focused kill, grapples scrolling fleet, targeting gud targets, some random guy playing sb while shooting his beamer acc... was fun days for 20 v 20
6. the game has bigger problems, strikes are broken but not worth talking about because gb
sure GB might be broken , but strikes are still a problem regardless of how big or small it is, lets face the issue instead of saying ''omg gb is more broken fix it first''
7. i put it in number points because i can't organise my argument any other way because me lazy,
anyway i dont like strikes, which is pretty obvious, if it cant be removed, which i really want it removed. Atleast nerf the dmg to the same amount when you shoot a strike on engagement.

Oook. If you make it so novas can't go off from deflected damage bounced at them then that'd be one thing.
If you were going to nerf them at all. I'd make it so the strike damage landing ony hits hard in the middle. Then just have stun if caught in the outskirts of it. So yeah. Just move out of the way. Completely valid tactic. Tech through it.
Strikes are way less overpowered then 2 guys with 20 ships showing up and insta-popping a driver and killing the rifty stack. Also, you're limited in the number of strikes you get. You could keep hunting all day with those 20 ships being a dick.