Encourage activity?

Dear Ozy,

We all know TIB needs activity and events. Otherwise it seems the participation is fading away even more. So yes, it is great to have xp, drop and cp events.
However, we also see that the server is currently kind of unbalanced in participation and levels. Especially if it comes to end-game activity like busting and defending clusters of XX garrisons. If you then have a 3xcp event for busting flanking that by free 100% repairs, then busters will just be coming back wave after wave. So in the end, it’s about 10 Players gaining massive amounts of cp within a few days (some say more than 80k cp in 3 days) whereas many more people fading away in activity because they are fed up with constant busts, undeployed garrisons or simply the unbalanced experience it is right now. Oh and those few people benefiting, they even do not need to spent anything, the can sell the cp on bm for a small fortune.
Ok, so what could be a solution?
First, no repairs, then in the end killing ships will matter again.
Second, think about bust mechanics, like if a garri was defended successfully add more time for every ship that has been killed before a next attempt can start.
And all in all, try to make events a gain for everyone, not just a few selected top notch players.

Thanks for considering my 2 cents.

SkyWombat

Yea, I’ve got to say I agree. Some kind of mechanic to slow the relentless harvesting of CP (or at least make it more challenging for the busters) is a good idea

Dear shortsighted nitwit,
The repair events being gone will in no way stop you being rolled daily. Not will getting rid of 3x cp for garrison engagements.
In fact they will increase the rolls of everyone because as soon as all novas are worn down to stealable then carrier tank busting will become rampant once more.
Nobody is becoming rich off these rolls and in fact most busters are offering highly discounted or free terms and elites to members.
As for your idea of making the timer higher for ships killed, brilliant, ozy implement this already existing mechanic immediately.
In the end the current problem being faced by the defending alliance is lack of participation. They need people to give a shit and defend. There is literally no reason they can't pop a bunch of 11 or 14k ships in novas attacking them.
Instead of getting their defense sorted they have instead opted to not deploy and deprive their members of daily repairs from nano and farming perks. That's a basic lack of leadership.
Making people give a shit to play and defend is on that alliance sure but also mostly on the lack of any decent changes being made to tib aside from "tibx is coming" which at this point who cares.
Change something. Make people want to play again. Go look through forums there are dozens of ideas.
You don't have to worry about game shitting out from the changes at this point, we're already there.

GreenGrouch
Yea, I’ve got to say I agree. Some kind of mechanic to slow the relentless harvesting of CP (or at least make it more challenging for the busters) is a good idea

It's already challenging and would be next to impossible versus a decent defense team

heres my advice,help your allies
pvp us so we wouldnt have to roll ya and actually attempt to pvp not just say go in for 3 rounds and GF that provokes rolls more often
stop running, you guys hunt a lot and just hide after you guys get chased, like whats the fun in that... their should be a high penalty for that itself
help your noobs, i just saw a noob talking in server chat rather then farm, leads even chatted in server chat and one said 'let them have tib and we will have RL' thats some encouraging words from an alliance leader to get your alliance motivated to play, you need to do more team building activities and trust so you guys wouldnt be in this position

Your alliance has the ships/levels/gear to defend your cluster. It isn't Ozy's responsibility to reverse the 6 months of shit leadership you guys' have. It isn't the lack of content that has made your best defenders not give a shit, it is the community in the alliance that you all have created.

Today you are the ones with the numbers, so can rant sanctimoniously about the lack of apparent competition - probably made all the more salty by Murder not deploying.
The point we agree on is the lower level of participation. When busting there is the opportunity to arrange things in advance and ensure the numbers and quality of players are online. When defending it’s a reaction to events and often by the time the right players are available it’s too late.
This lower level of participation is what gives rise to the need for rebalancing... a year ago it was easy to find 10 elite defenders at short notice, now less so.

GreenGrouch
Today you are the ones with the numbers, so can rant sanctimoniously about the lack of apparent competition - probably made all the more salty by Murder not deploying.
The point we agree on is the lower level of participation. When busting there is the opportunity to arrange things in advance and ensure the numbers and quality of players are online. When defending it’s a reaction to events and often by the time the right players are available it’s too late.
This lower level of participation is what gives rise to the need for rebalancing... a year ago it was easy to find 10 elite defenders at short notice, now less so.

I'm aware getting defenders is tough. It's also far from impossible.
Main thing is game needs to change. Been saying it for years now. More than enough good ideas out there.

As someone whos part of the dyn bust team, our team didnt come to be overnight. it took months of getting people to level and to make nova sets. While many in dynasty are busy leveling up and busy building bust sets, im not sure what murder alli has been doing the entire time. Sure you can argue its mika carrying. but that doesnt account for everything. multiple members have upgraded their ships to proper bust gear and many are reaching the lvl 300 threshold to carry their own weight. You can remove the 3x cp, we were busting before that event. You can keep using 3x cp as a reason for killing the game.

We appear to agree that lack of participation is the problem.
It would be completely wrong to think that the leadership of either alliance isn’t aware of that and doing its best to encourage all involved to keep participating and involved.
A point was always going to come in the decline of TIB when the allies were not in balance which would then threaten to precipitate a steeper decline in participation.
It kind of doesn’t matter why we have reached the point we have. Go ahead and keep rolling garrisons and overpowering pvp if that’s what you makes you feel good. But recognise that will inevitably drive the the weaker alli into asymmetric tactics, which in turn will drive players away from tib and hasten the decline.
Maybe it’s time that the folks who can see beyond simple tribalism actually tried to pull to together and save the game we all love.
Or perhaps that’s asking too much.
WTN
PS been here a bunch of years and yet I rarely get moved to participate in forums because they just trollfests and do no good. At this point I’m willing to try anything to save tib.