New skull items

Could we have special storage items now be skullable items? Not sure what goes into this on a developers side but would be nice. Thanks.

Guess ozy doesn’t read these anymore. Shame seems he gave up on the small community he still has.

Make them claim items. Non boe only.

We're looking at adding the Limited Edition holds to RP/Skulls/Loot Drops (rare, from bosses)

Please no, those items were promised for KS backers only, having them available to everyone makes them you know, not limited edition storages.
Now I would not be surprised if it does happen, anything that takes less than 5 mins to code in and creates $$$ for SB is normally the only things that gets added these past years.
How about.
New Map Layers.
New NPC Factions.
New Equipment.
New Ships.
Balance tweaks would be great also, the game sure needs it, PvP/PvE needs separating, that way you can Balance PvP and not have PvE affected at all, or Balance PvE and not have PvP affected.
Things we do not need.
Elite points.
PvP focused stuff, i.e. strikes/shows.
More rehashed stuff already in game packaged up slightly different with a bow on it.
Game has too much focus on PvP and people wonder why the player base has dwindled, theres no room for growth, map feels to small when you can be shown and 15 odd secs later a 20 stack of skipped ships insta pop the first 3 ships.
People wanted more PvP and so more PvP stuff got added, balance is way off and the game has suffered for it, short sightedness.
The Infinite Black is a space game, its suppose to feel vast, its the opposite, people should be working harder for kills.
1. Add more map layers.
2. Remove some stupid stuff like strikes.
3. Remove or change :show amount to 50bds.
4. Remove Tractor Beam ability to stun in PvP ONLY (do this and people wont be running carrier fleets and the other ships will be useful again)
5. Remove Rams, create a command that takes the ram in your inventory and replaces it with whatever special you want of equal rarity/ship class. :ram munitions or :ram grapple etc... (such a bull special requires 0 anything for it to stun someone, dont even have to shoot.)
Balance changes will need to be made after certain changes of course. Busting is one of those that would need to be addressed if you removed strikes, it needs addressing regardless though.
Thats my take on what I think will help TIB grow again.
I'm expecting a lot of downvotes on this post, mostly those who love nothing but PvP I bet, those same people who made the game what it is today :)

ISHADOWI

How about.
New Map Layers.
New NPC Factions.
New Equipment.
New Ships.
Balance tweaks would be great also, the game sure needs it, PvP/PvE needs separating, that way you can Balance PvP and not have PvE affected at all, or Balance PvE and not have PvP affected.
Things we do not need.
Elite points.
PvP focused stuff, i.e. strikes/shows.
More rehashed stuff already in game packaged up slightly different with a bow on it.
Game has too much focus on PvP and people wonder why the player base has dwindled, theres no room for growth, map feels to small when you can be shown and 15 odd secs later a 20 stack of skipped ships insta pop the first 3 ships.
People wanted more PvP and so more PvP stuff got added, balance is way off and the game has suffered for it, short sightedness.
The Infinite Black is a space game, its suppose to feel vast, its the opposite, people should be working harder for kills.
1. Add more map layers.
2. Remove some stupid stuff like strikes.
3. Remove or change :show amount to 50bds.
4. Remove Tractor Beam ability to stun in PvP ONLY (do this and people wont be running carrier fleets and the other ships will be useful again)
5. Remove Rams, create a command that takes the ram in your inventory and replaces it with whatever special you want of equal rarity/ship class. :ram munitions or :ram grapple etc... (such a bull special requires 0 anything for it to stun someone, dont even have to shoot.)

Add more maps...YES
Nerf specials to become farmer friendly... NO
Remove or costup shows... NO
The more you make the game farmer friendly the more they tend to bot with a free run, that can't happen considering the reputation of some corps.
Strikes and elites were a bad addition that destroyed gb which i agree.

Thanks for your post. Could finally see what a PvE player thinks of the game. I can kinda see your perspective now. TiB is supposed to be PvP focused. But hey, if it's mixed, I'm fine with that! But the things you described makes killing people so much harder. To the point where hunting won't even be fun or profitable tbh. Can't just make the game cater to just PvE peeps, needs balance between PvP and PvE. I'd say we need something that makes it harder to find someone but death would have a bigger impact and more profit off of it. That seems like a good compromise imo.
Map, shows and death

People like hating on RoN but, they did so much right there tbh. The layered map felt so good moving around in and that combined with no cost for jumps made the map feel so much bigger. It felt like you were jumping from one region to another through a wormhole! Faster movement and gun fire made the game feel so much more fluid. Hell, if TiB's gameplay felt that fast, I think people would drop some alts. Idk about others but I definitely wouldn't run 7 accounts. Still need 2 different speed caps like we have now tho, since people outside US can't go 2.0. Like if I wanted to run 2 secs, I'd have to put on a skip, do :Speed 1.7. Coz SEA gets 250-300 ping. Server's on the other side of earth. Right now to go 2.5, I have to cap my speed at 2.23, lol.
PvP toggle, different PvE map or any other way of separating pvp and pve would completely ruin this game tho.. Bots and crap.. What Holden said. Also.. This game was advertised as a pvp game. I still don't understand why people choose to just farm.. Alone.. In an invy.. On a PvP based MMORPG. But hey, that's your opinion, I guess. Can't force anyone to like something.
New content - Factions and ships and gear rework

Regarding elites, maybe removing it'll help? Idk.. I have no opinion on that. Definitely need another cp sink.

Need to do something about all carrier fleets before you do anything about strikes. Can outfit carriers with way too big of guns. Throw some beams on those carriers. Suddenly if you don't have a carrier or a deflector you're just a sitting duck. Stun/strike kill is still used. Strikes are also a decent counter to the massive carrier fleets. I can see why certain people would want them gone. Their group stack of 20 carriers becomes nearly unstoppable.
Which brings back to, why do you need carriers, for the deflectors and ability to used a different special. Why?
Because because beams are insanely overpowered. Hence shadows suggestion to nerf beams in pvp sounds like a good idea to some. However, then you end up with those same people with pimped out carriers switching to termis and making massive gun termi fleets. Which is even more OP.
The balance of specials in the game is a giant shit show. The pvp guys want one approach, the pve guys want another approach. Both very calculated to make one or the other have the advantage.
So don't plan, don't think it through.
Make a shit load of changes to the game, random ass stuff. Don't tell game what they are. Add them slowly over period of a couple weeks, running a 1% dmg taken even the whole time.
Adjust things that aren't used or change specials a bit. Make rams stun for different durations/dmg based on rarity. Ulti rams stunning for 3, prec 2.5, leg 2, ur 1, rare .5, uc .5(no dmg on uc ram).
Buff the much maligned thorium hull. Crank its resists.
Adv shields are just gathering dust, crank up their stats, same with adv propulsion.
Also, none of this Tib-x stuff. Nobody is here begging for tibx.
Then make limited storages a claim points thing, 40k claim points for non boe. You want em, you buy bds, the game needs to make money. Heck, add waas to the mix for 60k claim points. Then make waas do something else too. have them activate loot pinata on npcs if they get kills. (like the boss reaper/king/enforcer event)
Novas, they're dumb, only justification for them at this point is to counter high lvl carrier tanks. Make them not work at low hull on gb. Then make the intradictor cripple the stack if they come in too many carrier tanks or too many of any special. At the same time remove the extra plats and strikes. Built in analysis function call it. Intradictor analyzes them and counters them with 30 second splash stuns.
Then turn back on the nova resistance thing you had on before, where instead of chaining you build resistance to them and they do nothing.
The main thing is, change stuff. Don't need to tell us what. let us figure it out. Subtle stuff would be fun. Have it so first alliance to figure out the latest change wins some skulls.
I'm aware that unity client is a shit show. So keep stuff server side.
change starports so they don't heal you on an enemy garrison.
should be incentive to deploy your XX garrisons too. the perks are meh at this point. Give extra repairs to the G5 for XX's deployed. Another 1 or 2 repairs per XX that are up at HC.

Heh... Idk which part looked calculated to you. Was just pointing out the logics of why some of the things he said was wrong. And I genuinely don't care about strikes on my fleet atm, coz I have carriers. The only way entire stack gets striked is if I get top ship dragged. And making a big mistake like that, I deserve the strike. I was saying that from a farmer's perspective. Tbh if I wanted to use shows and strikes when hunting, I could. Would make my life easier. It's an advantage for me.. And I'm arguing against it. Coz it sucks the fun out of pvp. :-|
That was for termi farm stack's benifit. Like plz, let me know 1 way to counter a stun-strike-bfg bs. Coz I couldn't figure it out and moved to carriers. Because you personally did that to me before when I had termi stack. Would skip up and come with your 1.5k critting set just to stun strike. I don't see you trying that now that you can't pull that off. So you know what I'm saying is right. Why argue for arguement's sake?
And stuns aren't OP, stun strike is. Throw your best ulti gears on a beam ship and a hook, go to a rifty and shoot the npcs. And see for yourself which special is triggered more. Splash/grap/hit 90/90/60 or splash/stun/hit 90/43/60.
And you rant about carrier fleet and you want ram nerfed? Like... Do actually believe in that logic? Coz if you do, I don't see a point in arguing with you. You don't need to disagree with every post on forum made by other ally people just for the hell of it. Seesh...
Other things about changing stuff randomly, that'd be utter chaos, would be fun. But the changes need to be subtle. Big changes like the Garry changes wouldn't be taken well. Tbh any change to gb won't. It's so broken at this point that it needs to be redone from scratch. And that'd mean a huge meta change in gb and defence gears. The QQ would get real. Tbh I have no idea how to deal with gb. That is why I intentionally stayed away from this topic. But what you said about the intra stunning same special ships... I doubt anyone would ever manage to roll an xx Garry even with a C tier defence if that was done.
On another note.. Why was :combat invasion removed anyways? It was a fun tactic during rolls. I don't see how that was harming the game.

Steelix
Heh... Idk which part looked calculated to you. Was just pointing out the logics of why some of the things he said was wrong. And I genuinely don't care about strikes on my fleet atm, coz I have carriers. The only way entire stack gets striked is if I get top ship dragged. And making a big mistake like that, I deserve the strike. I was saying that from a farmer's perspective. Tbh if I wanted to use shows and strikes when hunting, I could. Would make my life easier. It's an advantage for me.. And I'm arguing against it. Coz it sucks the fun out of pvp. :-|
That was for termi farm stack's benifit. Like plz, let me know 1 way to counter a stun-strike-bfg bs. Coz I couldn't figure it out and moved to carriers. Because you personally did that to me before when I had termi stack. Would skip up and come with your 1.5k critting set just to stun strike. I don't see you trying that now that you can't pull that off. So you know what I'm saying is right. Why argue for arguement's sake?
And stuns aren't OP, stun strike is. Throw your best ulti gears on a beam ship and a hook, go to a rifty and shoot the npcs. And see for yourself which special is triggered more. Splash/grap/hit 90/90/60 or splash/stun/hit 90/43/60.
And you rant about carrier fleet and you want ram nerfed? Like... Do actually believe in that logic? Coz if you do, I don't see a point in arguing with you. You don't need to disagree with every post on forum made by other ally people just for the hell of it. Seesh...
Other things about changing stuff randomly, that'd be utter chaos, would be fun. But the changes need to be subtle. Big changes like the Garry changes wouldn't be taken well. Tbh any change to gb won't. It's so broken at this point that it needs to be redone from scratch. And that'd mean a huge meta change in gb and defence gears. The QQ would get real. Tbh I have no idea how to deal with gb. That is why I intentionally stayed away from this topic. But what you said about the intra stunning same special ships... I doubt anyone would ever manage to roll an xx Garry even with a C tier defence if that was done.
On another note.. Why was :combat invasion removed anyways? It was a fun tactic during rolls. I don't see how that was harming the game.

You got targeted because you ran non stop hunts ganking farmers. Using the popular tactic of hit and run. Only counter, even now is to quickly assemble a fleet skipped or already have a fleet out and ready. Which is why I did . I'd sit near alli invasions and wait for farmer to get jumped and respond. Rarely did I skip cause its too costly.
I'm saying the only way to find any balance at this point is throw changes at everything. See what works and what doesn't.
Who cares if the changes aren't taken well. They're tests. Chaos will settle to new tactics, new gear builds. That's what tib is about.
Remove redeploy costs for event. Let people go nuts with it. Try new tactics. The same old meta is boring as shit.
1. Disable the nova defense meta.
2. Eliminate strikes on gb and the added extra Plats.
3. Make intra nerf car tanks with long stun if more than one.
4. Make subtle changes till a balance is found.
5. Refund deploy cost to corp bank when it drops.
6. 1% death for event duration.
And the linking clusters by dropping invasions was dumb. You'd have people complaining they weren't getting enough cp and needed schoolyard pew. While at the same time spending over 200k cp to grief other alli by linking their clusters together.