Thanks for Whatever You Did to Balance the Game Last Weekend

Hello Spellbook!

I'm not sure if you still read the forums or not, but I did want to throw a quick shout of "Thanks!" your way. For what, you ask? For the mysterious behind the scenes tech balancing act you performed.

Some reading this may be thinking, "Damn. Griz really is getting old and is off his rocker. There was nothing special about last weekend." Let me assure you, friends, that there was. I don't know what, exactly, and even though Vikings had more ships at times, there was a definite difference in the hook captures achieved by both sides. It made for better pew all around and was the closest we've come in many months to what pew of old felt like.

We need more balancing like this to keep the game fun. Feedback from both sides was extremely positive and we achieved the most activity seen in a good long while. So whatever you did, keep it up!

You forgot the part where your ally was up over 20 ships every single pew.... but right that’s why you did well......yet your ally still broke but ok griz. You guys did well Cuase you put aside differences and merged to be a real ally for one weekend.
Is nice to see them work on the game. Maybe we can get new content to bring people back soon. Plus balancing the tech spec over nerfing good techs is the right play so it’s not a bad change compared to the alternative.

If balancing is meant to further reduce the skill ceiling of the game, might aswell remove the custom applied nerfs on certain players to balance the field more evenly.

Schaefer
You forgot the part where your ally was up over 20 ships every single pew.... but right that’s why you did well......yet your ally still broke but ok griz. You guys did well Cuase you put aside differences and merged to be a real ally for one weekend.
Is nice to see them work on the game. Maybe we can get new content to bring people back soon. Plus balancing the tech spec over nerfing good techs is the right play so it’s not a bad change compared to the alternative.

The fvf i was in on Sat was even at around 45 v 45 and k/d was fairly balanced. I don't know what changed but it's been awhile since fvf looked like that. Nothing has radically changed in how we fleet over here, but instead of a few bouts of killing one or none, hooking nothing, and losing multiple...things were even. Both sides had graps, pulls, kills, pulls from rescues etc. Having 20+ ships more in a fvf is a great sign people were enjoying it again, and more were joining. I don't see why it won't continue that way, i know it was fun for our crew. Yall seem to have noticed something too, mind sharing? Seems something with techs was done