Copyright & Permission

I love that people are developing lore and fiction around The Infinite Black -- That's one thing it has always really lacked.
There were some questions about copyright, and also I'm probably legally required to give permission to use our intellectual property.
The Infinite Black is a registered trademark and copyrighted by Spellbook Studio, LLC. All rights are reserved. This includes all content within The Infinite Black, such as names, characters, equipment, ships, places, sounds, images, and other media.
You have permission to use any of these without reservation, except for commercial gain, or where it might cause harm to the game, Spellbook, staff, or other players.
We do not claim ownership of, and are not responsible for, any literature submitted by users. We might, however, use submitted literature in our game and on this website. By submitting your writing, you are giving us permission to use your work without reservation or compensation.
What this means:
1) You are free to use references and copyrighted content from The Infinite Black in your writing.
2) You do not have permission to use copyrighted content if you intend to make money from it.
3) You may not submit content which might harm someone, such as writing a nasty story about a player to insult them.
4) Spellbook does not own your writing. You own it, and may do with it as you please, as long as that doesn't involve making money or causing harm.
5) We might use your story as "official" lore by publishing it in-game and elsewhere, without any guarantee of compensation.

Hey Ozy, you don't mind if I use you as a character for my lore do you? Got this great idea for my story and I think you might like it when I introduce it. :)
~ConquerX

ConquerX

Hey Ozy, you don't mind if I use you as a character for my lore do you? Got this great idea for my story and I think you might like it when I introduce it. :)
~ConquerX

Technically it is not a name created by ozy

WhiteLance

ConquerX

~ConquerX

Technically it is not a name created by ozy

Works for me. Thank you

Thank you for this, Ozy! This really unfetters the process and will let folks feel free to be truly creative. Between this and that big BD "carrot," I think you're going to see a lot of real high-quality work (some's already been posted) come out over the next several weeks.

Hi Ozy,
You may have thought of but you should also check content. To make sure it did not appear elsewhere. Otherwise you might be the one in the copyright dilemma. A double-check just to be certain

5) We might use your story as "official" lore by publishing it in-game and elsewhere, without any guarantee of compensation.
As a rule, a community such as this won't "compensate" anyone for material used. But, generally, attribution is given. That is, someone writes an awesome story, you pick up on it, and incorporate some of it into your game. Somewhere in the credits lines, the author's name should be mentioned.
What you have posted appears to conform to creative commons licenses - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license
I started reading some of the CC licenses, but I'm not a lawyer - so I'll stop looking, LOL.
It's safe to say that most people would like to be recognized if they make an important contribution. That's the only point I'm trying to make here. ;^)