Houston We have a problem

OK here is my problem. I have been playing the game a while a d like love it. The problem I am having is I log in a new ship on the servers and start running around. I make my first kill in grey and the message comes up you are experienced captain and this area is for new pilots. I get experience for the kill but no resources.

Norgog
OK here is my problem. I have been playing the game a while a d like love it. The problem I am having is I log in a new ship on the servers and start running around. I make my first kill in grey and the message comes up you are experienced captain and this area is for new pilots. I get experience for the kill but no resources.

Yep. That's how it's supposed to work. Can only have so many new ships. Otherwise people would just farm grey forever with no risk.

Xariol
Norgog

Yep. That's how it's supposed to work. Can only have so many new ships. Otherwise people would just farm grey forever with no risk.

So a level 0 shuttle has to go to black in order to get any resources?

Norgog
Xariol
Norgog

So a level 0 shuttle has to go to black in order to get any resources?

From wiki
Experienced Captain
In order to help preserve the in-game economy several checks have been implemented to determine whether your character is truly a new player or is an "Experienced Captain." Players that are labeled an "experienced captain" cannot earn resources or experience in Grey Sectors. A player will be deemed an "experienced captain" if:
His character reaches Level 15
His character is associated with other characters that have earned Levels between 0 and 15.