Lag spikes lately.

Hello all,

I keep getting lag spikes on the game regular disconnect issues, I have done all the necessary things(reset router,change wifi channel etc) my connection is 50mps fibre optic way more than enough to play tib smoothly.

But its still going on spikes going from -1 upto 5340ms a few in my corp are having same problem so i it cant be my connection beeb playing for 6 years with no problems on same connection. Only until recent is there anything else i can try?

Could be your tablet/phone, try getting a new internet box or a new tablet/phone and try to get rid of some extra stuff in the background (such as open windows or something running alot of internet) and try to turn off some stuff in TIB settings, such as combat flash, space background, etc.
And one quick question if a SpellBook mod/ozy sees this, will there be a new stronger server system in TIB-X? To get rid of some lag, cuz during FvFs lately we have been getting some pretty good numbers, and it can get pretty laggy, will this happen in TIB-X?

But the thing is when i ran a internet speed test where i am only one device connected i am getting download speed of 12mps and a upload of 10mps. Surely in anycase thats more than enough to run tib on 2 or 3 devices.

If you have any other internet options at your friends house or at a family members house, try there internet and see if it lags, if it doesn't lag its your internet, and if it does lag its something wrong with your tablet/phone.

I have a samsung galaxy s6 phone, and a samsung galaxy tab a6 nothing but tib downloaded on there. If its because of the tablet or phone then maybe on the playstore put device is not compatible and save me a few british coins.

samson
But the thing is when i ran a internet speed test where i am only one device connected i am getting download speed of 12mps and a upload of 10mps. Surely in anycase thats more than enough to run tib on 2 or 3 devices.

Look at your router. Somewhere, there should be an option to limit bandwidth. Depending on your router, you may be able to limit bandwidth to each machine on your network, or limit bandwidtch according to a daily schedule. Just find that page.
Look at your maximum UPLOAD bandwidth. That number has probably been automatically generated according to the connection routine with your ISP. It's a negotiated number. Oftentimes, that number is simply to high.
Take that number, (in your case, something close to 10 mbs) and multiply it by 80% or .80. Enter that new number for upload limit, and save. Depending on your router, you probably want to reboot now. Don't worry about download speed, it is the upload speed that causes cache bloat.
You might also look at QOS settings. I created a special QOS rule for TIB - you may want to do the same.
Good luck!