Heroes of Dire LIVE!

Will upgrading fighter rarity be available?

Aceman
Will upgrading fighter rarity be available?

It already is. At level 20 you can Ascension your fighter. This returns him to level 1, upgrades his rarity by 1, and gives him 0.1 to all stats.

Daft question from me... what exactly is fighter 'rarity' if its not just his stats? I understand that Ascenscion will +0.1 all stats, and I think that's a great idea, but what does it mean to 'also' upgrade his rarity? Besides, there are only four rarities and you could ascend 50 times. I had imagined fighter rarity was just based on some statistical property (probably average, but maybe peak?) of their stats.

Gilgamesh
Daft question from me... what exactly is fighter 'rarity' if its not just his stats? I understand that Ascenscion will +0.1 all stats, and I think that's a great idea, but what does it mean to 'also' upgrade his rarity? Besides, there are only four rarities and you could ascend 50 times. I had imagined fighter rarity was just based on some statistical property (probably average, but maybe peak?) of their stats.

Increased rarity of fighters changes the range of stat rolls. For an example (Not what it is, just for demonstrating purposes), a Common Fighter Stats can range from -1 to 3. While an Uncommon Fighter can range from -1 to 4. So your chance to have higher stats are increased by rarity, but doesn't mean higher rarity will be better as you can get a random rolls that are low. But you can go to your fighter settings, and re-roll your stats, with a chance to get better rolls from higher rarity fighters.
Hope this makes sense, the system is probably more complex than what I explained, but it gives you the general idea of how it works (I hope).
Also there are currently six rarities of fighters (May change next patch) and items:
R1: Common
R2: Uncommon
R3: Rare
R4: Heroic
R5: Legendary
R6: Ultimate

Basically what Langor said. Once we get the wiki up there will be more detailed information.

One question about the ascension, if the stats are re-rolled after an ascension, is the +0.1 still applied?

SomeGuy
One question about the ascension, if the stats are re-rolled after an ascension, is the +0.1 still applied?

Yes, ascension bonus and relic enhance bonus get re-applied after the re-roll.

There's a re-roll associated with Ascension? Hmm, can see some QQ there.

Gilgamesh

I think the ascension buff gets added on always gilg, for example, you ascend and are now a level 1 with 0.1 added across the stats, you reroll and still get the 0.1 added across the stats. Atleast I hope that's what ozy means, if it means on average you get a chance of 0.1 higher for each stat than a normal reroll then that's going to suck.

Gilgamesh

No, there is not.
"ascension bonus and relic enhance bonus get re-applied after the re-roll."