Average Joe

Hello,
I read that you will be removing Common Fighters from being able to be Hired. I am not sure this is the right route to take. By removing Common Fighters all you are doing is making the new common fighter become Uncommon Fighters. Why are you removing Common Fighters? Is it because they are worthless? I'd like to think that removing Common Fighters is a Band-Aid fix for an unbalanced system. Lets look at making them more valuable to the player (Additionally, for the F2P players also). Once again, there are many ways to do this other than just removing Common Fighters to have Uncommon Fighters be the new "Common Fighters." Here is my suggestion:
The current hire system is a lottery, just like the loot. But if you don't like your loot you can either scrap it or sell it on the market. Right now, Fighters can only be dismissed. Lets add a base Silver value to fighters. One that is under the player market value, but doesn't unbalance the Silver Sink from hiring fighters. As fighter storage space is limited, this will alleviate the core costs of Hire and Disband. There are many other factors that come into play, but not going too much into detail here. Replace "Disband Fighter" with "Release Fighter" to return some Silver back.
"Release" Fighter (Silver Price)
R1: 1,500
R2: 2,000
R3: 2,500
R4: 5,000
R5: 10,000
R6: 20,000
Non-Human: X5 bonus
The second system is what will actually make R1's not so bad for the F2P players who cannot hire a ton of fighters. Changing how Ascension works based on rarity. There is no need to have a Common Fighter level all the way to 20 to Ascension to become an Uncommon Fighter. A Common Fighter isn't really worth much now, but you should be able to quickly change him to an Uncommon Fighter within an hour of playing, if you want to keep him (Which many F2P players are forced to do.) As Fighter rarity increases, it takes much longer to Ascension. And the minor 0.1 stat bonuses, will be worth while for taking the long route of increasing a once no good Common Fighter to a higher tier in rarity. If someone now Ascensions a Common Fighter all the way to R6, he has earned 0.5 stat bonus for all the effort, while not being stuck with a Common Fighter.
Ascension (Level Required to Ascension by Rarity)
R1: 4
R2: 8
R3: 12
R4: 16
R5/6: 20
(Note: For people who do not know what the current Ascension does, Once a Fighter hits level 20, you can reset him to level 1 to increase his rarity by one, and his stats by 0.1)

They aren't removed -- They just aren't generated from the Hire Fighter button.
Mostly the reason was user perception and early signs of hostility. Someone mentioned they were upset about "wasted" money on hired fighters. I want it to feel like you're getting an upgrade. Getting another Common fighter just feels bad.
I'm open to making more adjustments to fighter acquisition. There needs to be ways to get them in-game besides hiring. Probably the quest system.

Ozymandias

I'm open to making more adjustments to fighter acquisition. There needs to be ways to get them in-game besides hiring. Probably the quest system.

How about mercenaries asking to join the cause when you hit a special title milestone? Or an ascension book collection you can get as drops?you need all 20 volumes to increase the rarity of a fighter, so the books don't take up twenty spaces in the inventory they can be displayedone as ascension tomb 4/20. You can get uncommon/rare/heroic/legendary and ultimate ascension books.

Ozy - another option other games use is you can have different options when hiring a fighter. For example:
Hire Fighter (800 silver): chance of R1-R4, with appropriate % chance of each
Hire Mercenary (1500 silver): chance of R2-R5, with higher % chance of getting R3 and R4 than default option
Hire Champion (5000 silver): chance of R3-R5
Or something like that.
Also like the idea of being rewarded fighters, or a "hire fighter token" that you can use after completing certain quests, DM events, etc.

Maybe provide a fighter equivalent to the crafting system. Give ppl a lvl 1 common, non levelable, non rerollable fighter for a cheap price. Just so they can populate the game and get their farming up to speed.

There needs to be ways to get them in-game besides hiring. Probably the quest system.

totally agree here.
quest ,or also after "boss" fight, (those who have guards) ,these could give you a fighter card, Let say that you need 5-10 cards to summon one fighter.
Either cards are universal or designated as class type cards.
Making this you give another GOAL for us to play ,collecting figters, not just buying.