New XP Formula

The original XP formula was designed before Ascension existed, so Level 20 was considered the "end game".
This is no longer the case. 10x Ascension + Level 20 is now the "end game" for a highly dedicated player.
Reducing XP requirements also makes the game more friendly to new and casual players, who can then participate in Guild PvP.
The XP formula will be reduced with the next update and applied to all fighters retroactively.

1 500
2 1,000
3 2,000
4 4,000
5 8,000
6 14,000
7 22,000
8 32,000
9 44,000
10 58,000
11 74,000
12 92,000
13 112,000
14 134,000
15 158,000
16 184,000
17 212,000
18 242,000
19 274,000
20 308,000

Seriously, who the hell thumbed this down? Some people just wanna watch the world burn! lol

Can we have it so that xp can stack. Ie progress to 616k xp. Ascend and still be lvl 20?

MidDawn
Can we have it so that xp can stack. Ie progress to 616k xp. Ascend and still be lvl 20?

the going back to lvl 1 on ascend is, something i realy like. it forces, you to plan ahead, keep good low lvl gear for future use, play multiple squads to have other squads take over as high lvl guild defenders when the top ones ascend.
its add a whole different strategic layer and forces you to plan ahead , spread xp around multiple squadsinstead of just rushing a few asap.
so just make, sure you got stacks, at different lvls, and dont ignore lower lv ones. when your mains are near lv20, mske, sure others, are at 18, 16, 10, 5, etc.

this is good.
And yet I still wonder why do limit of 10 for ascensions?
so, we hop back to lv1 a bit sooner... Item bank is still too low and too costly for this all ;)

TSin
And yet I still wonder why do limit of 10 for ascensions?

Imagine joining a new game and challenging other low-level players, except they do 10% more damage than you, have 20% more health, and evade 50% of your attacks.

I agree with ozy here, my initial reaction to the new formula wasnt good, and while this change hits me in the pocket due to me having decent rarity fighters for sale its clearly better for the game and makes it less daunting for new players, it even gives more value to uncommon non humans everyone can hire, the distance between hiring them and hitting ascension is shorter.
There needs to be ceiling to stats, the stats need just a slight margin to make a huge difference, which is why rerolling fighter stats to squeeze that extra 1 stat out is so important to some.

Imagine joining a new game...

Firstly, from this line i assume you have no intentions to open new server when game is ready. I hope iam assuming wrong.
New players want to start quite same line than others . so you need new servers to start when game is ready.
Opening new servers every 4-6 months will help you keep more people playing .
not many gonna stay here if they joining up after one year, difference is huge by then. Direct new players for new upcoming servers.
And for those view points i dont see reasons to have unlimited asc.
Down side is that old servers dying slowly, That happening most games. but then you could add new events. X-cross servers guild wars...
Perhaps this is another tib after all. u will face same problem here. how to get new players blend in smoothly.
Another has 5000 silver and another has 100mil silver and very rare items and know all little details what arent mention in guide or maybe not even wiki.
So balance for new players never meet if u dont open new servers.
Sometimes i feel that you should hire few cheap chineses to coding to help you and your right hand. =)
sorry, just thinking out loud my vision.

Retroactive sucks

Hmm, very interesting. My top fighters are well over the new lev 20 level already, but despite this I think it makes sense that ascend takes you back to level 1 - there's got to be a sacrifice / risk associated with it (guilds will want to always have some lev 20 fighters available to defend in PvP). When do you think this update will be coming in?
I really hope we do NOT have separate servers, and I think ascend is a good way to keep the challenge for new players surmountable.
One minor point though... lev 20 fighters have, on average, a ton more hit points than lower level, but about the same dps. This means that fights just take longer for the same outcome... I wonder if you could consider increasing the dps with level a bit (more)?