Common Crafting

Ozy, is it possible to also have the old common crafting option for 100 silvers back plz.?
Its like more than 2k silvers to get the recipes to craft common now, I used to run different sets of commons for different types of npcs and the market isn't much sufficient either, i hope some ppl miss it as well, would love to have that option again, ty.

I really didn't like that system. It made it less fun to discover a good item, like a haste or healing staff, because you could just create one at any time.
The new crafting system probably needs some adjustments -- Like maybe it needs to be easier to create common gear?

It's hard to judge how hard crafting will be until we have a few uncommon crafters for the player base to understand how hard it actually is to increase crafting mastery. if crafting uncommons costs 5x as much as commons, but only gives +2 skill mastery - everyone will purely craft only commons until they can craft R5 or more, so I hope the cost-reward goes up as material requirements increase - enough so that each craft is on par - or slightly better then previous rarity.
As it is, commons are a tad difficult to make - but thats simply because we only have 30 - 50 players online throughout the day, and only 5 of them are selling materials. once steam release and market has larger player base, and all the newbies getting mat drops, it would be the quickest source for them to make quick silver of existing players. market price will drop because materials will flood in, and therefor make crafting reasonably cost effective for a short time.
I'd leave it be and see how the player base grows. if it doesn't grow, perhaps cutting back material requirements a tad would be kind.

Ozymandias
I really didn't like that system. It made it less fun to discover a good item, like a haste or healing staff, because you could just create one at any time.
The new crafting system probably needs some adjustments -- Like maybe it needs to be easier to create common gear?

Yes Sir..atleast for the time being, a drastic reduction in the requirements for common gear would be helpful or id say do away with the gem requirements for commons at best which are slow regen and are hard to find, not permanently but for time being till steam player base settles to see a flooding resource market.
The main disadvantage i felt on the loss of common crafting was my option to do quests which require low rank weapons, hell i even try low lvl deities with that just for fun, succeded once too, kinda have to forget those now without 100 silver commons. Thnx for the consideration ozy, cheers..

So I can now craft uncommon items and what I learned (I don't think this is on wiki anywhere?) is that crafting uncommon gives same +1 skills benefits as crafting uncommon. So I thought, aha, I'll craft commons to get my skills up still. But this petered out (slightly randomly) when my skills got to around 50 (actually they variously stopped at 49, 50 or 51), and now I guess I HAVE to craft uncommons to skill up to rare.
All of which I think is reasonable, it would certainly be silly if you could become a master swordmaker by crafting lots of shit knives, I'm just checking (Oz?) that this is right? Its all a voyage of exploration..

Yes it has dimishing returns.... I think it feels about right atm....i just got to the point I can craft 1 rare item.....its not worth the cost atm, but then again its only been 4 days and it should get harder...... feels about right atm.... grindy and a money sink lol

Skill Difference <= 36 = 100% Skill Gain chance
Skill Difference <= 48 = 50% Skill Gain chance
Skill Difference <= 60 = 25% Skill Gain chance
Skill Difference <= 72 = 10% Skill Gain chance
I'll get a wiki article written soon.

Ozymandias
Skill Difference <= 36 = 100% Skill Gain chance
Skill Difference <= 48 = 50% Skill Gain chance
Skill Difference <= 60 = 25% Skill Gain chance
Skill Difference <= 72 = 10% Skill Gain chance
I'll get a wiki article written soon.

So to make any high rarity items you need luck on top of resources. Is there any chance then you can add in getting a random amount of resources to smash a node ? Or to decon rare or higher gear ?

IHooman
So to make any high rarity items you need luck on top of resources...

Nope -- You just need to craft higher rarity stuff. 100% skill gain chance (no luck required) as long as you're within 36 points of the item's skill requirement.