The HC versus the non HC world.

They idea of both HC and non HC in one world seems odd to me… However if we are going to do this my thoughts.

1. A Squad must consist of all HC or Non HC.
2. Non HC squads can’t attack HC squads and visa-versa
3. Item drops should be flagged based of squad types. ie HC squads get HC item drops.
4. Can’t have non HC squads follow HC squads and Visa-Versa

I liked the challenge of HC with the deletion of exp and items upon death. Made a fun challenge. But someone who is not playing HC should not reap the benefits someone playing HC.

Also non HC toons can just supply their hardcore toons. This disgusts me. =/

Also the HC item market would sky rocket due to item destruction on death. Making for a nice player driven economy.

Thoughts?

10/10 support hardcore specifics drops.

Hardcore-only items will probably happen.
I don't agree with keeping HC separate from the rest of the game. That seems less hardcore to me.
I think the new item theft rules will encourage people to play hardcore more, which can only be a good thing.

Ozymandias
I don't agree with keeping HC separate from the rest of the game. That seems less hardcore to me.
I think the new item theft rules will encourage people to play hardcore more, which can only be a good thing.

But wont the HC toons loose the 10% exp? Versus a non HC having no risk?

Thrandarian

Ozymandias

hc toons lose xp and item which is a risk as they have the reward of stat bonus, whereas non hc has the stat imbalance to hc's which is its risk and the item steal which is its reward.... hope this clears it.

Kiljaeden

Thrandarian

Ozymandias

hc toons lose xp and item which is a risk as they have the reward of stat bonus, whereas non hc has the stat imbalance to hc's which is its risk and the item steal which is its reward.... hope this clears it.

So run Non HC toons with no risk to outfit HC toons. I don't really see the downside to playing non HC. The stat gain isn't that extreme. And you can farm with non HC toons with no real threat. Running HC I'm careful to only farm and battle smartly. Non HC can run a boss fight over and over until they win it and get better items.
Then pass those items to HC toons.
Just seems broke to me. *Shrugs*

Thrandarian

Kiljaeden

Thrandarian

Ozymandias

So run Non HC toons with no risk to outfit HC toons. I don't really see the downside to playing non HC. The stat gain isn't that extreme. And you can farm with non HC toons with no real threat. Running HC I'm careful to only farm and battle smartly. Non HC can run a boss fight over and over until they win it and get better items.
Then pass those items to HC toons.
Just seems broke to me. *Shrugs*

Players run non hc because they like the casual aspect of it, u can't punish those ppl because someone finds hc'ing risky..well that's part of hc. And that's a choice, no one's forced to do it, the bonus stats coming with hc is not negligible.

the, stat bonus is very very significant.
If the extra luck and prim statbonus dont help much for you you are using the wrong gear and tactics.
those who have been playing several hours a day for 4months or even longer have learned that.