pvp with npcs

Finding in battles where there is pvp and npcs get pulled in that one of the players can be put in a huge disadvantage by having the npcs spawn on one side and the other player in the opposite corner effectively putting them in the middle because the npcs target the closest to them. I am all for having npcs in the battle and enjoy the complexity and the fun having them there but not when me or the other person is put in a disadvantage. map advantages or disadvantages are one thing and nothing you can really help just like rolls but when battles can in effect be 6 v3 or 12 v 6 theyre cringe worthy and take the fun out of using skill to win the fight.
Is there a way they can be spawned directly in the middle of the map with the players on opposing sides?

I second this. Maybe also consider special maps / a subset of exisitng maps to be used in 3v3s.

Agreed, need em in a fair location, otherwise it's an almost guaranteed match outcome.

I agree, I'm all for npc in pvp fights as well, but the way it's set up, either one or the other player is going to be fighting on two fronts