Hardcore itemization - is this possible without seperate servers?

Hey there all.
Is the possibility of implementing 'Hardcore' items into the game? As in, they will only drop for Hardcore squads and can only be worn by Hardcore units.
1. They may have slightly better rolls - or always simply +luck (+0.1 to 0.5) I don't think this would skew it too much, for a total of +2 luck on 4 gears if max rolled.
2. New Hardcore only item sets - as in you can farm officer/leader/deity for specific sets of gears - this rewards Hardcore players and gives incentive to farm harder enemies, with the obvious risk of death and full wipe.
3. Lesser durability, half the normal would be fine. it is Hardcore, or, simply entirely lost on full wipe. Like previous Hardcore set up.
4. A filter for them on the market.
Also, could Hardcore be made, more difficult somehow? Item lose hurts purely due to the silver sink, you cant fund a Hardcore crew when you're broke, but I don't think this is a solution. 10% exp hurts, especially when you lose 20k+ as I have yesterday - but it still feels, too easy?
Can't think of any other thoughts for them at the moment - thoughts?
Svander.

Hardcore is what drew me into this game. It's amazing. I don't like just blindly grinding, I like thinking about the decisions I make... and being punished when I'm wrong. It's slower, but to me it's more rewarding.
That being said I do think there should be some changes to how it is set up right now, to me the biggest problem is the economy. People that softcore farm items/silver are able to have their hardcore characters benefit from it. To me this ruins the idea of being "hardcore only." since it is undoubtedly more beneficial to farm where there are no consequences.
What I suggest is this:
1) Make it so squads are either hardcore, or softcore. Mixing them seems very gimmicky.
2) If an item drops for your hardcore squad, it is only usable on hardcore characters. If an item drops for your softcore squad, it is only usable on softcore characters.
3) Implement a new currency, platinum perhaps? Platinum would be the "silver" of the hardcore economy. You can only buy hardcore items, characters, etc, with it. Hardcore squads would not be able to earn silver, and softcore squads would not be able to earn platinum.

YrellamHC
Hardcore is what drew me into this game. It's amazing. I don't like just blindly grinding, I like thinking about the decisions I make... and being punished when I'm wrong. It's slower, but to me it's more rewarding.
That being said I do think there should be some changes to how it is set up right now, to me the biggest problem is the economy. People that softcore farm items/silver are able to have their hardcore characters benefit from it. To me this ruins the idea of being "hardcore only." since it is undoubtedly more beneficial to farm where there are no consequences.
What I suggest is this:
1) Make it so squads are either hardcore, or softcore. Mixing them seems very gimmicky.
2) If an item drops for your hardcore squad, it is only usable on hardcore characters. If an item drops for your softcore squad, it is only usable on softcore characters.
3) Implement a new currency, platinum perhaps? Platinum would be the "silver" of the hardcore economy. You can only buy hardcore items, characters, etc, with it. Hardcore squads would not be able to earn silver, and softcore squads would not be able to earn platinum.

1. Two currencies is a big NO-NO and another game by spellbook the infinite black had this and it is just so much easier to use ONE.
Idea number 1 i could get behind. It is weird to have half hardcore half normal in a squad... either do or dont.
Idea number two..... There are big consequences to hardcore already, and specific designations for items would make game even more complicated. Not sure this is a good system imo. think we should focus on other things at the moment, these are not crucial mechanics that add to the game's fun at the moment. Once pvp is more developed id say we can relook at hardcore but its been changed a bunch already.

Hardcore-only items are a good idea. It could get normal players interested in that part of the game, and provide some added benefits.
I don't really agree with splitting hardcore into its own server or "protected" world mechanics. Part of the challenge is having to deal with other players. All hardcore players will have to face that equally, which adds to the respect they get for doing it.

Yeah, ideally all within the same server, as the title suggests (Without separate servers) perhaps once a Hardcore item is equipped it becomes soul bound? this will increase their value as once they are used, cannot be traded around.
I wouldn't mind another form of currency for Hardcore, be it platinum or gold :D step up from silver, but that would simply add to ingame and real life trading of currency, so probably not such a good idea.
Thanks for responding~

I agree with dealing with softcore players, and don't think we should be split. However, the problem I have is people farming softcore, and using it to fund hardcore. It takes away the challenge. IMHO the economy shouldn't be intermingled.

YrellamHC
However, the problem I have is people farming softcore, and using it to fund hardcore. It takes away the challenge. IMHO the economy shouldn't be intermingled.

I agree it takes away the challenge, but there's not much the game can do atm to support hardcore only features...u need some soft cores to support it. I ran two squads of hcs once..found it awesomely rewarding and challenging until I faced a dc in a lead battle and got fully wiped out with hard earned gear because ai took charge. Now I have to rely on softcores to earn back that gear so that I can start hc'ing after some developments on failsafe mechanics for disconnects are in place.

I agree that HC and non HC peeps should not be able to comingle in one squad. Also HC and non HC squads should not be allowed to follow each other.
I also agree with items drop specific to what type of squad you are running.
I am also sad that HC deaths no longer destroy one item at death per toon when fighting mobs.
HC items could become a great silver sink for this game, and good revenue for the company. But having the ability to have non HC fund and outfit your current HC peeps destroys any chance of this.
Mindless grinding in a game is boring, But while playing HC the grind no longer becomes boring. Every battle is important and changes the grind to a rewording e experience. I want to be able to feel that at every level. That includes the item drops.
Thanks.

Kiljaeden

YrellamHC
However, the problem I have is people farming softcore, and using it to fund hardcore. It takes away the challenge. IMHO the economy shouldn't be intermingled.

I agree it takes away the challenge, but there's not much the game can do atm to support hardcore only features...u need some soft cores to support it. I ran two squads of hcs once..found it awesomely rewarding and challenging until I faced a dc in a lead battle and got fully wiped out with hard earned gear because ai took charge. Now I have to rely on softcores to earn back that gear so that I can start hc'ing after some developments on failsafe mechanics for disconnects are in place.

DC's will always be a risk. If that's something you are not willing to accept, then HC is not for those people it's going to frustrate. I'm willing to accept that while playing HC I will die and will lose a lot. That's the rush for me. If it's due to DC, well so be it. Sucks yes, takes away from the rush, no.

Having a non-hc in the squad lowers the effective advantage of your hc squad, so I don't see what the big deal is. Not sure really why we'd want seperate market systems for them. It seems at present the trade-offs are pretty clear: stat advantage over severe death penalties. Complicating the mechanics of the equipment system seems unnecessary and likely to break the market system *cough* Bind on Equip *cough*.
If people still aren't satisfied with the hc system, then modify it in small steps, not sweeping changes. At this point many have a decent amount of time and effort invested, and changing it too drastically would be like changing the green lifesavers from lime to green apple. Completely different tastes, and would likely lose as many hc players as you gain.
I'm not sure if Spellbook's intent is to have a large population of HC players or a smaller core group. I suppose the answer to that question will help dictate your direction. I think HC is pretty decent as it stands now. You hit level 16 and lose and you have days of work to catch up. That seems pretty impactful. But to have to store an entire other set of level-appropriate gear for your hc squads on top of your regular squads sounds like an unnecessary pain in the ass.