In regards to the Hardcore Transmution!

Is there a way we can limit this to Pre-Ascended heroes only? I'd hate for someone to play Softcore for several years, become highly ascended then suddenly gain +5 luck from a Hardcore potion. Where's the work in that? what achievement is there? at least in this way they can do it on their first playthrough, and becoming permanently Hardcore at first ascend if they choose to turn Hardcore before Ascending. This still gives them an entire playthrough as Softcore to learn the game.

Once a hero is ascended, it cannot be altered between these 2 difficulties? Otherwise it greatly demerits the Hardcore gamers.

Any feedback appreciated!

Svander~

Svander
Is there a way we can limit this to Pre-Ascended heroes only? I'd hate for someone to play Softcore for several years, become highly ascended then suddenly gain +5 luck from a Hardcore potion. Where's the work in that? what achievement is there? at least in this way they can do it on their first playthrough, and becoming permanently Hardcore at first ascend if they choose to turn Hardcore before Ascending. This still gives them an entire playthrough as Softcore to learn the game.
Once a hero is ascended, it cannot be altered between these 2 difficulties? Otherwise it greatly demerits the Hardcore gamers.
Any feedback appreciated!
Svander~

They could do that but if I recall you lose a lot more xp when you die the more you ascend because you need more to level.

If xp needed to lvl increase 15% each time fighter ascend.
1st ascend: 115% xp
2nd ascend: 132% xp
3rd ascend: 152% xp
4th ascend: 174% xp
5th ascend: 201% xp
10th ascend: 404% xp

The Hardcore XP penalty is actually worse for ascended players (10% of total XP). It's significantly more dangerous the more ascended you are.
Our leaderboards track how much Hardcore XP you earn:
https://www.spellbook.com/dire/armory/leaderboards/?Leaderboard=PlayerHardcoreXpEarned&server=0&Time=Lifetime&Cat=Player
To me that's more of a measurement than someone's level.
I'm open to other leaderboard types as well if you guys want to see us track additional things.

Ozymandias
The Hardcore XP penalty is actually worse for ascended players (10% of total XP). It's significantly more dangerous the more ascended you are.
https://www.spellbook.com/dire/armory/leaderboards/?Leaderboard=PlayerHardcoreXpEarned&server=0&Time=Lifetime&Cat=Player
I'm open to other leaderboard types as well if you guys want to see us track additional things.

I get what you mean, exp is certainly a better indicator of who has committed more to the game in that difficulty level then others, and if players are foolish enough to swap to Hardcore and lose copious amounts of Exp, that doesn't bother me either.
What bother's me is future PvP. If these players can swap between game difficulties as they wish after ascension and gain immense immediate benefits (+5 luck and +2.5 primary offense stat) that they haven't earned, now that bugs me.
But I do see what you mean, and if you intend to leave it be, that's fine. just thought I'd bring it up as it seems pretty unfair and unrewarding to even play Hardcore, when you can purely swap any race, rarity, and ascension unit whenever you want as a Softcore gamer.

Svander

Ozymandias

I get what you mean, exp is certainly a better indicator of who has committed more to the game in that difficulty level then others, and if players are foolish enough to swap to Hardcore and lose copious amounts of Exp, that doesn't bother me either.
What bother's me is future PvP. If these players can swap between game difficulties as they wish after ascension and gain immense immediate benefits (+5 luck and +2.5 primary offense stat) that they haven't earned, now that bugs me.
But I do see what you mean, and if you intend to leave it be, that's fine. just thought I'd bring it up as it seems pretty unfair and unrewarding to even play Hardcore, when you can purely swap any race, rarity, and ascension unit whenever you want as a Softcore gamer.

hmmm. You started, hardcore with the reduced penalties. how, long have you played non hc so you can compare these?
some of u played since december. needed tons more xp to lvl up. lost all lvls playing hardcore.
you started, hardcore, with only small xp penalty getting extra, stat benefits, from thecstart. with a hardcore you can now, easily get to lv7-10 in a, day. when we started that took weeks or months playing several hours a day.
you keep saying that, as, hc you take, risks but in reality these, risks, are vry small compared to what it was.
quit wining. you got it easy. hardcore is, called hardcore because you take big risks for higher bennefits compared to non hardcore.
gear is, what makes, the, difference in dire. hardcore fighters, have luck and primary stat bonusses which make leader or deity fights much more easier and this, is, where you can get the better drops and more xp. if you are a competent player this makes, more then up for the loss of xp and added dura, loss of a, hc.
The only 'unfair' part is, that many have invested months in non hardcore fighters because harcore, didnt exist or meant loosing all lvls.
if they could be converted to hardcore many of the veterans who started in december would jump at it.

I think the point he is trying to make is, There is no risk getting to lvl 20 and ascending with a non HC toon. You can grind your heart out versus mobs much higher than you knowing if you die there is no loss of exp and the exp gains are massive.
While playing HC you don't have this luxury. You have to choose your battles carefully knowing death is a huge set back.
So back to playing non HC. Grind away and ascend several times with no risk, than switch to HC.
You now have effectively created a high lvl HC toon with all the bigger caps and stat gains, and never had any risk getting there.
At least I think that's the point he is trying to make. *Shrugs*

I think Svander has a valid point too, to be honest.

I'd have to agree that you should not be able to convert to HC after ascending. Maybe you can ascend as high as rare, then it's turned off. It's not quite as massive an 'advantage' to play a non-hc vs hc at uncommon.

I personally don't think you should be able to change to HC unless you are non ascended, and level one.
I'm not sure why all these experienced players are against hard work in hardcore. It's SUPPOSED to be that way. Farming softcore with no risk, then converting to hardcore is NOT HARDCORE.
Shame. Shame. Shame. *DING DING*
Are you against it because you stand to lose something if there's a separate economy? Come on people, get over yourselves, and realize that a new economy for HC, and only being able to ascend at level one would make hardcore SO MUCH MORE FULFILLING.