scraping gear for resources for crafting

Ozy, food for thought, I'm kinda liking the crafting abilities how ever it seems to be a real bitch to collect a lot of resources to gain your levels and then once there you stil have to have loads of more resources to continue up the line.
Could you possibly take a page from fallout4 and let us scrap our earned gear uncommon and above for resources?

In FO4 I could scrap a shotgun for 3 pieces of wood or scrap a pistol for a metal.

It would be nice to have that option in this game, scraping a uncommon bow 1-10 would give you a piece of wood 10-20 would give you 2 pieces.

Scraping a. 1-10 frost short sword would give you a frost gem and a metal. Scrap a 10-20 would give you 2 metals and a frost gem.

If for some reason you decide to scrap a ur or leg
Your scrap value would increase per rarity, but if you were just scraping your leg weapon that has only 4/4 dura left it would not get you much more that what a uncommon would scrap for.

This would also give the crafting ability a bit of a boost and help the market balance once weapon smiths and armors start selling their wares.

The current demand for resources has made them very valuable, even if everyone could make 1-2 resources from scrapping an item the price wouldn't drop much I feel. But now each item would be worth significantly more silver scrapped for resource rather than silver.
Hmm.

+1 to this. I would definitely love to have this implemented since there are lots of rare and legendary items with - luck making them less useful. The only downside I can see from this could be the price crash of crafting mats, to avoid that It would be better if it will only give 1 crafting mat per uncommon item and gives more depending on how rare the item you are going to scrap i.e: blue = 2, pink = 3 and so on

Vassir
+1 to this. I would definitely love to have this implemented since there are lots of rare and legendary items with - luck making them less useful. The only downside I can see from this could be the price crash of crafting mats, to avoid that It would be better if it will only give 1 crafting mat per uncommon item and gives more depending on how rare the item you are going to scrap i.e: blue = 2, pink = 3 and so on

Agreed !! I don't think the point is to be greedy on the amount of resources that you can cash in on a weapon, it's just the ability to keep crafting going instead of being stalled for a week waiting for the next wood you find or spend 1000 credits on 6 pieces in the market.
Right now finding any decent weapons on market is almost nonexistent or priced so far out of your price range that it makes buying something that will degrade overtime a wasted effort.
Ozy there are more and more people that are agreeing with me on this, please look at this for us and see what can be done on this front, and if this is completely out of the question please give us some logic with your reasoning.
Or just get more abilities to drop resources as often as uncommon items drop
Thanks

Scrapping will reduce amount of silver in game. Don't know if it's good or bad. Scrapping also means trading lots of bad items for a good one, meaning silver becomes more valuable. But there'll be many more good crafted items in game, which will decrease game npc difficulty in general. Many more craft mats available will reduce motivation for guilds to fight over nodes. Whole lot of complications.

This is a great idea.
Additional thoughts on this:
Perhaps crafters with x experience can get more resources from scrapped gear the higher proficiency they are in that particular gear crafting.
Say someone with no crafting experience gets just 1 metal(or none based on a roll?) from some armor vs master crafter getting more(based on a roll) or even guaranteed a gem? Chance of getting no resources may lead people to still scrap for silver instead if not sending to a friend who does crafting.

Phew. Totally thought I was the only one having trouble gathering the resources for crafting!
Quite glad someone mentioned it, thanks!
-Karilis