Guild raids.

I've been holding off commenting waiting for steam ayers to get involved and see what they think. Few ideas that have come up.
Online players can control ai guards when they are caught in battle with them. This has caused a lot of frustration because being teamed with an ai squad is mostly a defeat.
Corridors have to have a full compliment of squads to guard. Defenses vary the guards to block to cause attackers to split squads or leave ones vulnerable to sniping. It makes progression slow to advance and if one of your squads are defeated you can't bring any more in to get the numbers for when reaching the reliquary as guards will be posted behind yours trapping you in the spot.
Limit attackers and defenders to 1 squad. This will encourage more of a team effort to raid a guild then just 1 or 2 players bringing 5 squads and using the ai for most of the fights (most won't leave their best geared fighters to defend so gear isn't broken, being able to control ai may fix this however). For me personally I'd like to keep the ai out of guild raids attacking or defending and encourage a team effort. With a max guild with 105 members i should be able to get 10 people to bring 1 squad each to raid a guild (same for defenders), not just 2 people with 10 squads using mostly ai to mow through guards. This'll also limit throwing alt defenders thrown at attackers to buy time until someone powerful enough is on to defeat them or to block them in or waste time (you'll want best geared guards so someone online can control, most alts or throw away squads used as guards are lvl 10 and under and it'll also leave alt guilds with our extra treasure rooms much more vulnerable). I know it'll be a drastic rethink to do it this way but just throwing it out there.

Since I messed up [email protected]
It would only be for completely destroyed guild halls. Attackers could choose to leave one resource so that the guild hall wouldn't be considered "completely destroyed". This could be used as a threat that the attackers are coming back.

Middawn's idea is good. You will have people complaining that guilds being attacked do not have enough members online to defend but that happens in every group pvp game.
If you let someone control the ai guards in a fight what is to stop you from just having players not very good at pvp log for a few mins while you control all squads in the battle?. would have to leave ai in battle but let anyone click on ai squads on map and select option to control if they not in a fight already. You then turn over command if that player logs in. if someone is controlling ai squad then others cant select it.
I am sure we will come up with ways to work around it eventually just like we do now but I think this could work. you would have to have at least 4 players attacking to take node vaults. leave same rules for defeated attackers from entering again for the hr time limit we have now and make it so if a players squad dies defending that player can no longer deploy a squad for an hr. that will still allow the defender to use ai squads if they available so a few defenders can still fight back.

Fall606 hit on a great idea! Once you enter an enemy guild hall, you don't regain health or lost fighters till you leave, then there's a cooldown before you can come back. Means you have to show up with the same sort of numbers you are fighting and/or really husband your durability. Online defenders could really throw a wrench in the raid, even if they're not as powerful as the raiders. It makes more realistic sense as well as being much more of a challenge than a grind for the invaders.

control AI... get spy to do it and surrender. If you limit option only to leadership... Well, if leadership are online, they should be able to defend their GH with their own three squads, or are they leadership for nothing?

MidDawn
I've been holding off commenting waiting for steam ayers to get involved and see what they think. Few ideas that have come up.
Online players can control ai guards when they are caught in battle with them. This has caused a lot of frustration because being teamed with an ai squad is mostly a defeat.
Corridors have to have a full compliment of squads to guard. Defenses vary the guards to block to cause attackers to split squads or leave ones vulnerable to sniping. It makes progression slow to advance and if one of your squads are defeated you can't bring any more in to get the numbers for when reaching the reliquary as guards will be posted behind yours trapping you in the spot.
Limit attackers and defenders to 1 squad. This will encourage more of a team effort to raid a guild then just 1 or 2 players bringing 5 squads and using the ai for most of the fights (most won't leave their best geared fighters to defend so gear isn't broken, being able to control ai may fix this however). For me personally I'd like to keep the ai out of guild raids attacking or defending and encourage a team effort. With a max guild with 105 members i should be able to get 10 people to bring 1 squad each to raid a guild (same for defenders), not just 2 people with 10 squads using mostly ai to mow through guards. This'll also limit throwing alt defenders thrown at attackers to buy time until someone powerful enough is on to defeat them or to block them in or waste time (you'll want best geared guards so someone online can control, most alts or throw away squads used as guards are lvl 10 and under and it'll also leave alt guilds with our extra treasure rooms much more vulnerable). I know it'll be a drastic rethink to do it this way but just throwing it out there.

Vorolea
control AI... get spy to do it and surrender. If you limit option only to leadership... Well, if leadership are online, they should be able to defend their GH with their own three squads, or are they leadership for nothing?

Would have to be limited to officer +

Come to think of it, I like Fall's other idea too.
What if guards posted in guild barracks get pulled into battles when the defense is the AI, on a random basis, say 1 guard per defending squad? They could be given a +5 evasion as a "home field advantage", "knows the territory" sort of benefit. Of course, if all the barracks guards are killed... then its a free for all as usual.
It would be fun to experiment with who to put in the barracks, how powerful or how disposable. What works better, tanks or archers or mages?
Leader battles in the wild give everyone trouble, but are still winnable by a prepared squad. These would be like the leader battles of guild raids.

I'd say make the whole thing instanced.
In order to attack a guild you require an item. Which you have to go and kill a deity/leaders to obtain as a rare drop.
Then once you initiate the attack with the item (you can't get past first room in guild without it) you have a set time to seige the guild.
This way you have to put some effort in and plan a guild attack.

√^^
That sounds super cool. Would give more use to hunting her tier squads.

I like the idea of limiting players to 1 squad per enemy guild hall. This will force teamwork, and prevent one super-powered player from doing everything.
Corridors should also require 4 guards so that it takes at least 4 active players to attack a guild hall.