Monetization

There's a lot of discussion in the World Chat right now about how to generate more income from the game without killing it.

Could any of these be tempting offerings one cannot acquire with silver?

Custom Name Change:

5$ or so for a custom name change request a DM must approve?

Recruit a High Rarity Fighter:

An enticing deal on a Champion or stronger. Maybe a random draw for class, or pay a small premium for a selection. Also could be one or more deals a day or week on a fighter with predetermined stats and/or equipment.

Recruit Squad:

Immediately gives you three more fighter slots and a squad of pre-set or randomized fighters. Maybe they come equipped with certain or randomized items?

Reroll / Rename Package:

Package deals on some number of points that can be used to either reroll a stat or name.

PvP Tournament Tickets:

I'm sure this is easier said than done since it could involve matchmaking and more, but I can't be the only person who needs compelling PvP to continue playing-

Offer tickets that grant entry into a 6v6+ PvP match in one of a variety of level brackets. The 6 fighters you select of the appropriate level range are temporarily stripped of their items, which are replaced with randomized equipment. You then enter a battle with one or more other players for a valuable loot reward and more PvP tournament tickets. Further rewards for weekly/monthly rankings.

There should be other common tickets that you can buy with silver or find as loot that let you enter the same kind of PvP match, but the reward would only be some silvers and a number of premium tickets.

I personally would spend real money on these options.

The main reason I haven't bought silver is simply because in-game prices don't really match well with what you get.
Some of the better and rarer race+class fighters cost more than $100 and even golems can cost $10-$20. Some people might think this is ok... I don't
This may fix itself long term as more and more KS people either leave or run out of silver, prices are still dropping as we speak, but long term might be too late.

I really like the custom fighter name idea.
The reason you can't do that now is because people would name them offensive things, but if it cost 5000 Silvers they'd probably be much less likely to (we'd delete offensive names without refund).

Ozymandias
I really like the custom fighter name idea.
The reason you can't do that now is because people would name them offensive things, but if it cost 5000 Silvers they'd probably be much less likely to (we'd delete offensive names without refund).

If you set stricter variable rules, this would not be an issue at all.

Spotocum The Risen

Delrith
Spotocum The Risen

Best random name I've ever seen rofl

in another small mmorpg i played (with only one developer) special bought skinns were a big source of income.

I would think the best way is to add quite a few convenience and cosmetic items and sell them. Potions that boost XP gained for 2 hours, the name change mentioned earlier, bulk buy stat rerolls at a discount, extra entries into the lottery, hats (some people love them some hats for some reason). Ideas are cheap, just have to implement them.
You just have to create a line on what people will be able to access with money and what they can't. People don't like it much when a guy can drop $500 and create an army of rare race top tier warriors overnight.
Once you have enough convenience and cosmetic stuff you can start a package deal every couple weeks or something , just bundle up a few of the items together and sell them combined for a discount.

Also, I will add that one area that makes things more difficult is Silver being the only currency. There is a reason F2P games use different currencies. By only having one you have pegged Silver to its dollar value. For the in game economy, this is bad. Most games can never correctly balance game economies. Usually this results in inflation over time due to a lack of money sinks. Currently we have deflation due to KS rewards resulting in a large amount of silver in the economy inflating initial prices to absurd levels. Overtime this will correct and prices will start to rise again as the amount of silver in game increases.
So back to the main point, there is an obvious problem with the only currency being pegged at a dollar value. As the game currency inflates, the amount you can buy for your dollar decreases. Unless you want to constantly change the price people pay for silver, there are going to be problems long term.
This is why games have a premium currency and a regular currency. The premium currency is pegged to the dollar and can be used to buy specific items. These items have a set monetary value. You can then let players sell the premium currency for silver. This means that the player economy dictates the value of silver. As you get inflation, you get more silver for your premium currency.
The obvious downside to this is new players can struggle to afford things using just silver. This is a problem a lot of games have after a while. How this goes depends on how well you can keep inflation in check. Realistically you will never keep it at real world values, thus games use the premium currency system.

timed fights: rearrow has 2 minutes left. do youveant to buy an extra 5 minutes?
sell packages of 5 additional 5 minutes to be used on timed fight. one extentiin per fight only.