Quest difficulty

Now that the damage has increased and drops have dwindled away (at least that's my perspective it probably isn't the case) it's very difficult to get geared up. In itself it is t an issue and I like the new difficulty.I was getting an it bored with expecting flawless victories over every thing apart from archer leaders . So imo the changes are good I do have a bit of an issue with quests in that you used to be able to fight a bit above your weight with no probs now you can't I had 5 fighters one shorted in 1 match yesterday a combination of me running a higher lvl than I was and unable to have any gear on other than commons as nothing had dropped for me and nothing to buy at low lvl 4.
My problem is that for arguments sake you are doing alvl6 heroic quest you may not have any of those nps squads in anything below lvl8 despite b it saying lvls 4-9 so if you are 6 you can't fight at 8 anymore and if you are at 8 the gear is no good for you anymore.

I don't know the solution for this but I'm sure someone may have an idea.

Also on a device it's a pain logging out looking up the list of factions swing where they are before deploying squads can we either have a button next to the map listing where the factions are or it to tell us on the quest details.
Finally a bit longer to do the heroic ones would be better as we might not win all our fights now and for some of us rl intervenes in our hod time.

As a last I have to say this is the best game I've played for years thanks.

With the damage increase, questing and PvE in general is no longer fun..
And for that, I'll be take a break from this game.

I'm having a hard time also. Damn archer lead was shooting every 2 sec and killed 8 of my guys. I wanna beat npc and quests flawless for the most part, that's fun imo. I don't mean I want npc to be too dumb, or too easy to kill, but I want them to not beat me unless there is a good reason. I get the feeling almost nobody is really thinking dire is boring because killing npc was too easy, but many may be feeling like the npc 's too hard. I can't imagine deities right now, it must be silly hard to beat them.

NPC damage was reduced again, and durability loss was cut by half.
I don't really understand what drives people to want to play an easy game and not be challenged. There's already Farmville and Fruit Ninja for that experience, but I guess we can go that direction too. Seems boring and pointless, in my opinion.

There's a difference between challenge and tedium. If say this were chess and every piece killed in one shot then the game would require exceptional tactical knowledge. The AI would need to be smart enough to not get defeated easily because the player could simply plan an ambush. Chessmaster AI is extremely important because of this. But simply giving the AI stronger stats does not make the game a challenge if the player has identical options to the AI. It merely makes the level of item quality required higher to complete basic tasks.
It also promotes RNG reliance. Have a look at X-COM. You generally can one-shot enemies in that game with good rolls. You also can fail miserably and die just as incredibly. The difficulty in that game is real however because the player has tools that the AI lacks. Using the human advantages to their fullest against the clearly superior alien races with modest AI leads to a thrilling game of loss and riding the edge of your seat. But if both sides had identical characteristics, if one could not exploit ones own advantages over a lacking enemy, then it's no longer about challenge. It's purely unfair and you're playing a game where the odds are stacked against you.

Ozymandias
I don't really understand what drives people to want to play an easy game and not be challenged. There's already Farmville and Fruit Ninja for that experience, but I guess we can go that direction too. Seems boring and pointless, in my opinion.

I defeated the level 31 leader today, I didn't even have all level 20's and most of my guys are still human apprentices, the difficulty is fine, but then again it was fine before. The only difference between now and before is more tanks and more healing.

I don't really have issues with PVE with increased DPS, just takes a while to get used to. But DPS increase completely broke ballance in PVP. I'm talking here only about 9v9 and 12v12. Cause wall shield pal can kill cloth armor with two non-krit bashes. Rogue would need three hits with spear, that's a bit faster (21ap vs 28ap) but pal can soak much more damage and is much easier to heal. Makes rogues useless. Also attacking pal with a mage is a stupid idea now, if you get bashed with a shield for 50% HP immediately. Mages lost their use as anti-melee anti-plate. Not to say that healers can deal lot of magic DPS now, healer is almost as good as pre-update mage. And healers do very well with pals in company. Forget mages, get third or forth healer in your party, and that's what ppl are doing. Also archers are more dangerous, they can actually kill pal now. But still wall pal is a best protection vs archers.
So it's just gonna be pals + healers + archers + haste. Was DPS update ment to shorten fights? well congrats, it has broken class ballance and fights are actually longer now, with all the pals and healers around. And don't forget that bottleneck maps are still there, another reason to run this setup.

Reonhato

Ozymandias

I defeated the level 31 leader today, I didn't even have all level 20's and most of my guys are still human apprentices, the difficulty is fine, but then again it was fine before. The only difference between now and before is more tanks and more healing.

I would like to point out, as I did in world chat once, that just because you can do it, doesn't mean it is too easy, or even possible for the vast majority of players.
Those of us who can clear NPC fights that others struggle with have just developed a better understanding of the games AI and are capable of playing many more moves ahead of most players. Balancing the difficulty around us is bad for business, as what is hard to us is going to be impossible for others.
I will also add, that just because I can flawless a leader fight, does not mean the fight was easy and boring. I treat fighting the AI as a puzzle. Just because I complete the puzzle, doesn't mean the puzzle was easy.

I don't really understand what drives people to want to play an easy game and not be challenged.

i can answer to that =)
Casual players like me. Like to win npc rather easyly and quick, as the gains for those common minions are low. and u have to do them a lot for exp and gold.
When i want challenge, ill find a officer or leader, those are alternative option in casual gamers .Gains should be lot higher also to want risk your gears and also wasting time for one battle.
Unfortunately you need officer or 3 for completing rare item quests and thats fair, but you often need also 2 or 3 squad for them as they find new companions rather quick thats kinda turn off for me. probably turn on for other =) .
Time is biggest issue of this game, i want very FAST battles vs minions. Should not last over 1 minute one 3v3 battle. maybe do smaller maps for minion battles or set them closer at the start. Also i would like to degrease their item lv by 1 or 2.

Would it be posible to let guild leaders choose guild quests?
What iam driving is each guild could pick quest from several options from very easy to very hard.
This would give every guild posibility to achive something with their own limitations with active members.
So they just wouldnt pop up randomly but by Leaders chosen time.